Sukhoi Su 30MKI

square

Strategic Issues
defencenews.in
Defence News, India has asked for more time to study proposed Su-30 MKI upgrade to Super Sukhois
3-4 minutes

Russia has offered to upgrade its existing Su-30 fleet in India to make it “very close to” the fifth generation fighter, but India has asked for time to evaluate its strategy, an official from Russian Helicopters maker Rostec said.

Interacting with a select group of journalists on the sidelines of International Air show MAKS in Moscow, Rostec’s Director of International Cooperation and Regional Policy Victor N. Kladov said Russia had made the offer for upgradation of the Su-30 during a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi last month.

“As far as I know it was raised between President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Modi in St Petersburg last month. The Indian Prime Minister once again reiterated that the Indian side needs time to evaluate its strategy of development and how to spend the money,” Kladov said.

“We are offering a package for modernising the Su-30 aircraft. It will obtain new capabilities, it will be very close to the fifth generation aircraft in capabilities. This is a deep modernisation, everything should be changed – engine, computers, radar etc,” he said.

Asked how much would such upgradation cost, he said that would depend on what upgradation India selects. “The Indian Air Force has to evaluate its strategy and then take a decision,” he said.

The twin-jet multirole air superiority fighter Su-30 is developed by Russia’s Sukhoi and built under licence by India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF).

India has around 230 Su-30 jets which remain the frontline fighter for the IAF and more are under production.

The upgraded Super Sukhois will include a modernized cockpit. A major part of the upgrade also involves avionics and sensors.

The aircraft will have advanced stealth capabilities and be equipped with the Indo-Russian supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, an infrared homing system, new advanced avionics, and active electronically scanned array.
RAFALE…...........................

bhramos

Country flag
defencenews.in
Defence News, India has asked for more time to study proposed Su-30 MKI upgrade to Super Sukhois
3-4 minutes

Russia has offered to upgrade its existing Su-30 fleet in India to make it “very close to” the fifth generation fighter, but India has asked for time to evaluate its strategy, an official from Russian Helicopters maker Rostec said.

Interacting with a select group of journalists on the sidelines of International Air show MAKS in Moscow, Rostec’s Director of International Cooperation and Regional Policy Victor N. Kladov said Russia had made the offer for upgradation of the Su-30 during a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi last month.

“As far as I know it was raised between President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Modi in St Petersburg last month. The Indian Prime Minister once again reiterated that the Indian side needs time to evaluate its strategy of development and how to spend the money,” Kladov said.

“We are offering a package for modernising the Su-30 aircraft. It will obtain new capabilities, it will be very close to the fifth generation aircraft in capabilities. This is a deep modernisation, everything should be changed – engine, computers, radar etc,” he said.

Asked how much would such upgradation cost, he said that would depend on what upgradation India selects. “The Indian Air Force has to evaluate its strategy and then take a decision,” he said.

The twin-jet multirole air superiority fighter Su-30 is developed by Russia’s Sukhoi and built under licence by India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF).

India has around 230 Su-30 jets which remain the frontline fighter for the IAF and more are under production.

The upgraded Super Sukhois will include a modernized cockpit. A major part of the upgrade also involves avionics and sensors.

The aircraft will have advanced stealth capabilities and be equipped with the Indo-Russian supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, an infrared homing system, new advanced avionics, and active electronically scanned array.
from a Russian Defence Forum...
english is bad due to translation....

Modernization of the Su-30MKI. Why India took time?

India has requested time to evaluate the proposal by Russian fighter fleet modernization of Su-30MKI fighters, "almost to the level of the fifth generation," according to "military parity" with reference to the Tejas-India's MRCA (19 July).

This statement was made head of the department of international cooperation and regional policy state-owned Rostec Victor treasure. According to him, India took time to choose one of two upgrade options - in full or in favor of the selected technologies. He said that the cost of the contract will depend on this choice.

The issue of modernization of Su-30MKI was discussed during the visit of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in St. Petersburg. According to the pantry, Modi said that India needed to evaluate the aircraft's development strategy and how to spend money.

Russia offers India technology in which the Su-30MKI "is very close to the fifth generation." This also applies to the power plant, and radar, and so on, Treasure said. Su-30MKI developed in Russia and is serially produced at the plant of the Indian company HAL.

Thus, we can assume that Rosoboronexport offers to equip the aircraft radar with active phased array or engines of the second stage of the T-50 PAK FA, when the aircraft will be discarded. Everything from T-50 to the Indian Su-30MKI? What normal idea if the Indians do grow cold to the program FGFA - in this case, they are prompted for the full upgrade package. As they say, a black sheep although a tuft of wool.

http://forum.militaryparitet.com/viewtopic.php?id=17609

Bahamut

defencenews.in
3-4 minutes

They might reduce the no of upgrade plane to half of the strength to make money for more Rafale and Pak Fa .With these two in our air force the demand for Su 30 MKI will reduce

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
They might reduce the no of upgrade plane to half of the strength to make money for more Rafale and Pak Fa .With these two in our air force the demand for Su 30 MKI will reduce
Surely, IAF will not allow the whole fleet for Upgrade to Super Sukhoi.

gadeshi

Canards idea belongs to Sukhoi chief designer Mikhail Simonov long time before Su-30MKI.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

sbm

Country flag
What MAWS is fitted to the Su-30MKI? I've seen suggestions from "none" to MAW-300 to an Israeli system. Anyone have a better answer?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Canards idea belongs to Sukhoi chief designer Mikhail Simonov long time before Su-30MKI.

Idea of flying machine is Officially belongs to wright brothers but all Aircrafts are flying. Actually, It's not the matter of concern.
I'm only concerned about su-30mki's Indigenous content. That's all.
Many other Aircrafts also have canards with their own ideas, isn't it?

gadeshi

Idea of flying machine is Officially belongs to wright brothers but all Aircrafts are flying. Actually, It's not the matter of concern.
I'm only concerned about su-30mki's Indigenous content. That's all.
Many other Aircrafts also have canards with their own ideas, isn't it?
Canards on T-10 was a Simonov's idea first time appeared on T-10K (Su-33) to compensate heavy nose section weight.
Simonov has called this scheme Horizontal integrated triplane.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Canards on T-10 was a Simonov's idea first time appeared on T-10K (Su-33) to compensate heavy nose section weight.
Simonov has called this scheme Horizontal integrated triplane.
So, does it mean that Canard is something which can't be designed by others. Is it?
I'm not denying that Russians can't do but I'm saying that for Su-30MKI we incorporated our efforts too.

gadeshi

So, does it mean that Canard is something which can't be designed by others. Is it?
I'm not denying that Russians can't do but I'm saying that for Su-30MKI we incorporated our efforts too.
Of course not.
I'm just saying canard is not MKI-specific feature and it hasn't been designed by Indians for it or even ordered as a must have feature.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Of course not.
I'm just saying canard is not MKI-specific feature and it hasn't been designed by Indians for it or even ordered as a must have feature.
Su-30MKI's canard system is designed and produced within and by India.

gadeshi

Who has said you this nonesense? :)
Produced - may be, designed - no.

Flame Thrower

Any source would be great...

To my knowledge, when we used No11m radar... due to heavy weight of the radar, the center of gravity changed.

Canards were used to generate additional lift. It also helped in quick turning...

Any detailed explanation of this story would be great.

PS. I am not aviation engineer, I vaguely remember the story of canards. Kindly ignore my mistakes if I made any on technical terms.

PPS. We have perfected the FBW system after the addition of canards, all mission computers and FBW work is done by HAL.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Who has said you this nonesense? :)
Produced - may be, designed - no.

Bro, third phase Production has semi- Indigenous canards system but in forth phase Production it has completely Indigenous canard system.
And forth phase Production achieved the highest Indigenous content of 76% in numbers.
Any source would be great...
My friend is working in HAL and this information was sourced from him.

Flame Thrower

Bro, third phase Production has semi- Indigenous canards system but in forth phase Production it has completely Indigenous canard system.
And forth phase Production achieved the highest Indigenous content of 76% in numbers.

My friend is working in HAL and this information was sourced from him.
Ok...that is great to hear...

All I knew was we perfected FBW and that was in 2008.

If we started working on hardware this is even more good.

But one thing, desiginig the product and manufacturing in house has lot of difference.

It is still great if we manufacture 76% of Flanker.

Good job HAL...

GiantWithFeetOfClay

The Russian "friends" suggest upgrade of the Indian Su-30MKIs and at the same time they sell Su-35s to China.. Do not play their game.. Reject the offer and look for alternative solutions! I know that the Chinese Flankers are very downgraded because the Chinese copy everything but the Russians care only to make money.. And let's be honest the Su-30MKIs in indian service faced many technical problems and delays... This is not right..

Flame Thrower

An unconfirmed info, we were looking for upgrade of Su 30 mki with Pak fa radar, and it ew.

Minor changes in the engine to support the power ratings of new equipment.

Cant give the source.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles