Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Filtercoffee

Country flag

What do you guys make of this?
A big game changer I think they are saying good bye and now we have to fast track our own projects quickly.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Sir, I have observed that most of the video news turns out to be correct, that is why I posted it here, it was really disheartning to know it. I also was hoping it to be incorrect; since at the moment there is no choice but to do so. Could any of the senior members correct me if there is a change?

vishwaprasad

Country flag
I doubt Pak will get Sukhoi 35.... Anyways if there was official confirmation then by now all pak defence forums would have flooded with threads on it...

manutdfan

Sir, I have observed that most of the video news turns out to be correct, that is why I posted it here, it was really disheartning to know it. I also was hoping it to be incorrect; since at the moment there is no choice but to do so. Could any of the senior members correct me if there is a change?
Dude it's just a video on some fanpage. Yes there was some talk but it all died out since India is Russia's biggest market. In fact we account for close to 40% of Russia's arms exports. BTW this is old dead-end stuff I'm surprised this is still being circulated on conspiracy boards.

Mind you not entire Russia is India's friend. In Russia there are basically 2 factions regarding India- the mass majority which is in favour of continuing and developing the decades old Indo-Soviet friendship and a very small but growing minority that is in favour of a Russia-China-Pakistan axis based on Shanghai Cooperation Organisation to counter America's hegemony. Russia like India is also an aspiring super-power only difference being that it was actually a superpower 2.5 decades back and has had plenty of practice in running the world unlike us. Russia is not indebted to India for whatsoever reason. They will pursue whatever strategy they see fit for promoting their national interests.

The recent sale of Mil Mi-24/35Hind choppers to Pakistan is not a cause for concern IMO. I feel that it was tit-for-tat for Indian choosing American Apaches over Russian Mi-28Havoc choppers. Su-35S are way more complex for the Pakis to handle. Moreover they cannot afford it at all. In fact the only reason the Chinese bought the Su-35S was for its engines. The Chinese like us don't know shit about fighter engines and are just hoping to reverse engineer it for their fake 5th gen J-20 and J-31 aircrafts.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's called drop-test, real launch will be soon.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
Loved to see the perfect release and wings deployment. Wonder whether the firing up would be done after release or pre release?
For maximum effectiveness I think engine engagement would have to be done few seconds prior release. What you say?

gadeshi

Loved to see the perfect release and wings deployment. Wonder whether the firing up would be done after release or pre release?
For maximum effectiveness I think engine engagement would have to be done few seconds prior release. What you say?
After release of course.
How can it jettision nose cover prior the release? :)
And a flamethrover torch from start booster...
If you'll try to start the engine prior release it will burn the plane.
And of course ramjet engine needs a proper initial speed to start which the plane is unable to give, so missile must be dropped, then boosted and only then proceed normal flight.

Chinmoy

Country flag
After release of course.
How can it jettision nose cover prior the release? :)
And a flamethrover torch from start booster...
If you'll try to start the engine prior release it will burn the plane.
And of course ramjet engine needs a proper initial speed to start which the plane is unable to give, so missile must be dropped, then boosted and only then proceed normal flight.

That's too what I think. But you see, this missile is without the rocket booster of ground launched version, means it would have to take the initial thrust from the plane speed only. In this case the initial thrust after release would be zero if engine is not activated prior to release. And single RAMJET can't propel a body from zero.

Am I missing out on something?

Moreover you have to take into account that MKI underbelly and fuselage has undergone massive rebuild to carry this missile. Now carrying a 3 ton missile would not have been a challenge for MKI which is well equipped for over hauling 12 tons. It means something has been done to take care of the initial burn of the missile along with minimizing darg IMO. But whatever it is, we would know within few months once the actual firing is done from it :)

gadeshi

That's too what I think. But you see, this missile is without the rocket booster of ground launched version, means it would have to take the initial thrust from the plane speed only. In this case the initial thrust after release would be zero if engine is not activated prior to release. And single RAMJET can't propel a body from zero.

Am I missing out on something?

Moreover you have to take into account that MKI underbelly and fuselage has undergone massive rebuild to carry this missile. Now carrying a 3 ton missile would not have been a challenge for MKI which is well equipped for over hauling 12 tons. It means something has been done to take care of the initial burn of the missile along with minimizing darg IMO. But whatever it is, we would know within few months once the actual firing is done from it :)
1- ANY high thrust ramjet can be effectively started from transsonic speeds only. In the other case start flight phase will not be properly effective.
2 - So ANY ramjet missile has SRM booster, big for land-start and small for aerial one. 3M55A has small booster in the ramjet nozzle which gives it a proper start speed and then jettision from the nozzle by the first ramjet pulse.
3 - Even generic turbofan exgaust is hot and high pressured enough to injure carrier structure, not talking about 2.5t weighted giant rod ramjet burst.
4 - Even generic turbofan exgaust can spoil carrier engine work and cause blowbacks which are very dangerous, not talking about 2.5t weighted giant rod ramjet.
5 - So any heavy missile in the world launch is catapulted (except for AGM-84 when it is under wing).

Chinmoy

Country flag
1- ANY high thrust ramjet can be effectively started from transsonic speeds only. In the other case start flight phase will not be properly effective.
2 - So ANY ramjet missile has SRM booster, big for land-start and small for aerial one. 3M55A has small booster in the ramjet nozzle which gives it a proper start speed and then jettision from the nozzle by the first ramjet pulse.
3 - Even generic turbofan exgaust is hot and high pressured enough to injure carrier structure, not talking about 2.5t weighted giant rod ramjet burst.
4 - Even generic turbofan exgaust can spoil carrier engine work and cause blowbacks which are very dangerous, not talking about 2.5t weighted giant rod ramjet.
5 - So any heavy missile in the world launch is catapulted (except for AGM-84 when it is under wing).
Ok... It would be equipped with a smaller booster rather then without one as discussed earlier.

What's the total co
Its 123 Tejas to be precise with 20 in IOC config, 20 FOC and 83 which were recently ordered in Mk1A config.
36 rafales means 2 squad of 18 each and 123 roughly means 6 to 7 squad, means you would have 8 to 9 squad of Tejas and Rafales alone.
Now Jag and Mig-27 would be there till 2025 in dedicated ground attack role. Mig-21 would surely be out of service by fall of next decade. Now further 50 or 70 MKI is in pipeline if I am not wrong which would make another 7 squad. But by then if we start retiring Mig-27, then we would be again down to square one if new engines are not inducted.

But by the rate at which current Govt is going, I am hopeful of it inking new deal in MMRCA to overcome this and keep AMCA and FGFA at fast track. Don't forget the couple of Mig-29 squad which would be there till 2030.
What's the total count of Mki in our inventory(approx figure will also do )

Superdefender

Is this true? Can anyone confirm this about Super Sukhoi program?
["The upgraded Su-30MKIs will have an internal bomb bay and ability to supercruise."]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles