Sukhoi PAK FA

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I hope FGFA deal will be signed in December 31st 2017. It will be very good new year gift for IAF.
India doesn't have enough foreign exchange to fund so many projects. So, only those projects which have a long term outlook, which is indigenous manufacturing has to be emphasised.

Sancho

On Friday, December the 22-th 2017 the final T-50 flight prototype T-50-10 (1-10) has conducted its maiden flight.
Waiting for photos and videos.

And while we're waiting let's amuse ourselves with the other protos photos :)

The new nozzles certainly shut some of the critics up, but the engine coverings still need to be changed. It makes no sense to design the air intake and nozzle parts with radar distracting designs, but leave the engine covers unchanged. If that is done too, the F35 fanboys will have trouble to find problems.

Sancho

[QUOTE="gadeshi, post: 1387761, member: 13218"

[/QUOTE]

Apparently photoshopped. :frown:

bhramos

Country flag
NATO new reporting name for Su-57
"Frazor"

According to unconfirmed information, this will be the codename of the Su-57 in the NATO notation system.

For your reference:

The designation of all tactical aircraft in NATO begins with the letter "F": "Flanker" - Su27, "Fulcrum" - MiG-29, "Frogfoot" - Su-25, "Flogger" - MiG-23.

Bombers, with the letter "B":
"Bear" - Tu-95, "Blackjack" - Tu-160, "Backfire" - Tu22M3.

gadeshi

"Frazor"

According to unconfirmed information, this will be the codename of the Su-57 in the NATO notation system.

For your reference:

The designation of all tactical aircraft in NATO begins with the letter "F": "Flanker" - Su27, "Fulcrum" - MiG-29, "Frogfoot" - Su-25, "Flogger" - MiG-23.

Bombers, with the letter "B":
"Bear" - Tu-95, "Blackjack" - Tu-160, "Backfire" - Tu22M3.
We'll see it but highly unlikely.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

bhramos

Country flag
Infographics T-50 in English.
The source is the official tweet of the UAC.

Particularly interesting is the graphically presented chronology of the first flights of prototypes.

thegopnik

I dont know if this is new information or not but on google i put su-57 and put last 24 hours of any update of the aircraft and there was a bunch of talk and what caught my attention was that with the new engine the flight testing would take about 3 years assumption be made the aircraft with the engine will be ready by 2021 https://translate.google.com/transl...tnyx-ispytanij-istrebitelya-su-57&prev=search

Also I think the SU-57 radar "might" be running on 40 kilowatts.

https://translate.google.com/transl...-ltcc-keramiki-made-in-russia.html&edit-text=

"LTCC-ceramics:
Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic (LTCC) is a low-temperature co-fired ceramic technology used to create microwave radiating devices, including Bluetooth and WiFi modules in many smartphones. It is widely known for the use in the manufacture of AFAR radar fighter fifth generation T-50 and a tank of the fourth generation T-14."

https://translate.google.com/transl...niipp.ru/catalog/detail.php?ID=245&edit-text=

Planar AFARs have significant advantages over mass-size characteristics in comparison with other solutions. At times, the weight and thickness of the AFAR canvas is reduced. This allows them to be used in small-sized radar homing heads, onboard the UAV and for a new class of antenna systems - conformal antenna arrays, i.e. repeating the shape of the object. Such grids, for example, are necessary to create a fighter of the next, sixth generation.

So we all know that k-77m mmics look like they have the same LTCC MMICs. in the chart the microwave submodule has a 300mW since the T/R module has 64 of these the power output of the T/R module is at 19200mW or in other words 19.2 watts per module. This of course is pretty awesome because the KF-X 5th gen had 10 watt dual channel GaAS mmics got upgraded to 15 watt GaN(dont know about channels) mmics. The LTCC MMIC has 4 channels instead of 2.

However this is the problem https://translate.google.com/transl...ntent/aesa-radars-growing-smaller&prev=search
"Can new 3D AESA radars appear on manned platforms, including the new Russian fifth generation fighter?"

Guskov: "- We do have certain plans. We are running an advertising campaign to get foreign customers interested, while simultaneously working with the Russian market."

I remember that Guskov stated after making these MMICS that this is the road to smart skin radars........I do know that the Himalayas was called a smart skin.https://forum.keypublishing.com/sho...s-amp-Debate-Thread-XXV&p=2281246#post2281246 they have the GaN MMIC serial numbers ready in 2014 but the question is even if they produced it which is in production right now when will they replace it?

To be honest what are those certain plans he is referring to? 2013 was when indias 2013 n079 radar was introduced, many sources I got 4 and maybe 5 if joe asakura will be able to answer where he got his other certain source in key forum publishing that talk about russia wanting to apply GaN technology to their radars in 2013, the same time frame the new LTCC MMICs were introduced. Israel and SAAB wanted to offer GaN tech to india even lockheed wanted to volunteer to help india in technology......I heard that if new engines are to be put in use would mean a redesign for everything like avionics.

So in my opinion the only thing russia has as a GaN radar is the fga-35(3d) or fga-50 https://translate.googleusercontent...=15169&usg=ALkJrhgv6bsFTK6NLrCmVtaxF88xzF3XYA

" We are currently building a Zhuk-AE with full-scale, fully functional AESA for the MiG-35 fighter. Its assembly will be completed in August. AESA-equipped MiG-35 but now, under the government armament program, deliveries of this radar are in the beginning of 2014. This is something we have long been looking forward to - having Russian warplanes fitted with the most advanced radar possible."- Guskov

It looks like the mig-35 will have a GaN AESA radar. But it all depends on India and how much they want the SU-57.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I dont know if this is new information or not but on google i put su-57 and put last 24 hours of any update of the aircraft and there was a bunch of talk and what caught my attention was that with the new engine the flight testing would take about 3 years assumption be made the aircraft with the engine will be ready by 2021 https://translate.google.com/transl...tnyx-ispytanij-istrebitelya-su-57&prev=search

Also I think the SU-57 radar "might" be running on 40 kilowatts.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://topwar.ru/101149-planarnye-priemnye-mnogokanalnye-moduli-afar-x-diapazona-na-osnove-ltcc-keramiki-made-in-russia.html&edit-text=

"LTCC-ceramics:
Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic (LTCC) is a low-temperature co-fired ceramic technology used to create microwave radiating devices, including Bluetooth and WiFi modules in many smartphones. It is widely known for the use in the manufacture of AFAR radar fighter fifth generation T-50 and a tank of the fourth generation T-14."

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.niipp.ru/catalog/detail.php?ID=245&edit-text=

Planar AFARs have significant advantages over mass-size characteristics in comparison with other solutions. At times, the weight and thickness of the AFAR canvas is reduced. This allows them to be used in small-sized radar homing heads, onboard the UAV and for a new class of antenna systems - conformal antenna arrays, i.e. repeating the shape of the object. Such grids, for example, are necessary to create a fighter of the next, sixth generation.

So we all know that k-77m mmics look like they have the same LTCC MMICs. in the chart the microwave submodule has a 300mW since the T/R module has 64 of these the power output of the T/R module is at 19200mW or in other words 19.2 watts per module. This of course is pretty awesome because the KF-X 5th gen had 10 watt dual channel GaAS mmics got upgraded to 15 watt GaN(dont know about channels) mmics. The LTCC MMIC has 4 channels instead of 2.

However this is the problem https://translate.google.com/transl...ntent/aesa-radars-growing-smaller&prev=search
"Can new 3D AESA radars appear on manned platforms, including the new Russian fifth generation fighter?"

Guskov: "- We do have certain plans. We are running an advertising campaign to get foreign customers interested, while simultaneously working with the Russian market."

I remember that Guskov stated after making these MMICS that this is the road to smart skin radars........I do know that the Himalayas was called a smart skin.https://forum.keypublishing.com/sho...s-amp-Debate-Thread-XXV&p=2281246#post2281246 they have the GaN MMIC serial numbers ready in 2014 but the question is even if they produced it which is in production right now when will they replace it?

To be honest what are those certain plans he is referring to? 2013 was when indias 2013 n079 radar was introduced, many sources I got 4 and maybe 5 if joe asakura will be able to answer where he got his other certain source in key forum publishing that talk about russia wanting to apply GaN technology to their radars in 2013, the same time frame the new LTCC MMICs were introduced. Israel and SAAB wanted to offer GaN tech to india even lockheed wanted to volunteer to help india in technology......I heard that if new engines are to be put in use would mean a redesign for everything like avionics.

So in my opinion the only thing russia has as a GaN radar is the fga-35(3d) or fga-50 https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.ato.ru/content/new-applications-phazotron-niir-radars?sea=15169&usg=ALkJrhgv6bsFTK6NLrCmVtaxF88xzF3XYA

" We are currently building a Zhuk-AE with full-scale, fully functional AESA for the MiG-35 fighter. Its assembly will be completed in August. AESA-equipped MiG-35 but now, under the government armament program, deliveries of this radar are in the beginning of 2014. This is something we have long been looking forward to - having Russian warplanes fitted with the most advanced radar possible."- Guskov

It looks like the mig-35 will have a GaN AESA radar. But it all depends on India and how much they want the SU-57.
None had GaN in 2013 to give india, not even US. Mig35 is abandoned plane.

Unreliable source

thegopnik

None had GaN in 2013 to give india, not even US. Mig35 is abandoned plane.

Unreliable source
I do know that the LTCC MMICs are the same for the K-77M missiles, fga-35(3d) radars.

I know what you mean India had no choice to purchase the Rafale. Even if they had a working model the fga-35(3d) was introduced around 2014.

Sancho

GaN for the Mig would make sense,,since the AESA integration caused weight issues, that lead to reduction of diameter and TR modules, than initially planned and promised. Lower number of GaN modules thefore could offer similar performance with less weight.
For Su 57 it's even more important, given the high focus on radar and EW the programme has. But there is also the problem, because the higher the use of AESA modules, the higher the costs of the systems and the fighter. If you than also use GaN, the costs get even higher and if that is realistic with the current Russian and Indian economic state, is questionable.
Not to mention that the current Indian government, is not really a pro Russia oriented one.

thegopnik

GaN for the Mig would make sense,,since the AESA integration caused weight issues, that lead to reduction of diameter and TR modules, than initially planned and promised. Lower number of GaN modules thefore could offer similar performance with less weight.
For Su 57 it's even more important, given the high focus on radar and EW the programme has. But there is also the problem, because the higher the use of AESA modules, the higher the costs of the systems and the fighter. If you than also use GaN, the costs get even higher and if that is realistic with the current Russian and Indian economic state, is questionable.
Not to mention that the current Indian government, is not really a pro Russia oriented one.
I have seen the RBE2-AA using 10 watts, South korea using 10 watt dual channel MMICs than upgrading it to 15 watt GaN MMICs, an/apg-77v1 using 10 watts.... Lets just saying its a real pain in the ass increasing watts for T/R modules.Yes there are 50 or 60 watt GaN MMICs that exist but as we can see even countries that are highly advanced in electronics like south Korea are struggling increasing the watts for MMICs on aircraft radars. however NIIP states this is supposedly for 6th gen which might imply the SU-57 since now they labeled it as such or 5th gen ++, says its on homing missiles and of course the MMICs look the same for K-77M, and Guskov introduced these MMICs for the fga-35(3d) and wants them ASAP on the mig-35s that will be introduced this year. since the T/R module has 64 micro sub-modules that are at 300mW when activated or turned on the MMIC is at 19.2 watts.It is way more than likely to be GaN in consideration of what south Korea has introduced to their KF-X radar.

I tried to talk to the people of F-16.net it goes sort of like this, you give them a response everyone gets riled up, some guy eloise shows up if you debate with him a good number of times your responses back will get deleted than bye bye goes your F-16.net account and mine was thismightgetdeleted. but all my responses were deleted, they kept calling me wewuzkangz account, than went my account.

Another thing I want to clear up is SAR resolution. SU-57 and Mig-35 were introduced at 0.5 meters while f-35 and the new SABR radar of F-16.net are at a 1ft resolution

I asked myself WTF is SAR and as stated in the 1st image it runs on Ku-band and of course those are GPS signals. so its 1ft therefore smaller than .5 meters or 1.65 ft but to me this is just a ball park estimation. "According to Russian System of Differentional Correction and Monitoring's data, as of 2010, precision of GLONASS navigation definitions (for p=0.95) for latitude and longitude were 4.46–7.38 metres (14.6–24.2 ft) with mean number of navigation space vehicles (NSV) equals 7—8 (depending on station). In comparison, the same time precision of GPS navigation definitions were 2.00–8.76 metres (6 ft 7 in–28 ft 9 in) with mean number of NSV equals 6—11 (depending on station)." So GPS on the civilian sector(not military sector) is more accurate however Sweden as an example chose GLONASS over GPS because of GLONASS northern latitude or something like that so I am not entirely doubting the F-35 having a better SAR "for now" but an F-35 having an engagement in the northern latitude around Russia would give the SU-57 or a Mig-35 a better SAR resolution than a F-35. Later in 2009 it was stated the GLONASS K has twice the accuracy than its predecessor GLONASS-M system. So the measurements of the ku-band SAR resolution might have been off the 2nd generation GLONASS system instead of the 3rd generation GLONASS system for the SU-57 or fga-35 military sector side

Also the introduction of K-2 launch will begin this year. Than the KM will be around 2025 since GLONASS systems are more preferable in the northern latitude this will give a significant advantage to their aircraft SAR as well. also the GPS block 3a for the US military will be introduced as well in may 2018 which of course is a 3rd gen as well. Dont know if the K-2 is a 4th gen if K-1 is just called 3rd gen. But regardless the northern latitude would still give sukhoi or mig aircraft an advantage on SAR. http://www.promweekly.ru/archive/ramg/RAMG_02_2016.pdf Brazil has taken interest on pdf page 24 of wanting a GLONASS system also launching space aircraft takes alot of money which sucks because of the sanctions Russia is getting.

http://rostec.ru/content/files/reports/ROSTEC_AR_book1_ENG.pdf page 65 in pdf version KRET has introduced a new navigation system called (SINS) strap on inertial navigation system to be introduced to aircraft by 2020. I never heard or seen any country having a system like this as of yet which says it does not need satellite assistance to identify coordinates and motion parameters. With those new K-2 satellites which function closer to northern latitude and the this new navigational system one can wonder what the SAR would be.

Before anyone starts laughing at the time frame above and realize the F-35 is still not done with the Block 3f update. The 1ft ball park estimate SAR resolution promise is still "yet" to be made according to this which looks like it does not have an IRST or a DIRCM yet. I have heard each block takes approximately 2 years to complete(or more for that matter) so once they add more SAR templates or get inverse SAR the SU-57 at the same time frame or before that in 2020 will have new GLONASS satellite comms and a new navigational system that will be way smaller than the ball park estimate 1.64 ft resolution that was previously stated before.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles