Sukhoi PAK FA

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I just wonder when would these aircraft be inducted.

FGFA has been badly delayed.

AMCA is still on drawing board and unless HAL and ADA are merged into one entity and privatised, I don't see this jet coming out until 2035; By which China would have unmanned stealth fighter bombers.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
That is just a retarded theory made up by fools. A 10kT nuke can only damage about 3sq km and that means 1lakh 10kt bombs can take out 3lakh sqkms. You may add more for safety and say 6lakh sq km. That is not whole of earth, not even 2%
#admin, please move this conversation to desired thread.

Mr. Yechuri, its my last reply to you non-sense.
If we drop a bomb anywhere, its heat and radiation not only Destroy the present as well as it destroys the future of flora and fauna environment.

Hopefully, you're not aware of the consequences of any Nuclear attack. Please be matured enough to understand, what actually a nuclear bomb mean.

Vijyes

I just wonder when would these aircraft be inducted.

FGFA has been badly delayed.

AMCA is still on drawing board and unless HAL and ADA are merged into one entity and privatised, I don't see this jet coming out until 2035; By which China would have unmanned stealth fighter bombers.
AMCA design has been finalised. Many of its components, especially avionics are direct modifications of Tejas. There is no need to rewrite the entire program or redesign all electronics. Some of the important components like AESA, BVR etc have been made in the first phase. A second phase of development to complete it is being undertaken. It is progressing well. Since lot of work is being done parallel to each other, there is good chance of completion by 2030.

The only problem was congress and if Modi comes back in 2019 and 2024, be assured that AMCA will be done by 2030 and ready for production. Congress even got several scientists killed as they were so good at their jobs and had to be assassinated.

Vijyes

Bhai this thread is about Pak-fa......discuss all other things (like nuclear energy & weapons ) in appropriate thread... Or chit chat thread.
I agree completely. It was that my opposition to PAK-FA and proposals to wait for AMCA and adjust with nukes till then is what started it. Many topics are generally interconnected and can't be specially differentiated

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
It is like this:
1) Technology control is just [test data + know why] in essence. You can add some ancillary requirements too but these ancillary requirements are not going to be the essence of tech control.

2) Brains cannot be developed on borrowed solutions invariably focused onto the immediate problem at hand. For example like a young 12 class fuccha taking FIIT ji classes and imagining he is an engineer because he has been taught the 1st trick question or even the 10th.

3) Only alternative is to keep working away at a huge number of trick questions with or without support from FIITJee. If bhagwan is khush he will grant you gyan. This is the only method of tech control. Till India has tech control, every Indian is free to take pride in tech transfer.

4) Tech transfer is exactly that - knowing the knowhow. Even for that you have to deploy huge resources for something that does not cover all of the final product.

5) If you have to deploy huge resources then is it not wise to exert the brains too at a level commensurate with the money expended. This was never done for LCA. This will ultimately give you Tech Control and not a mere tech transfer.

6) you cannot just wish for Tech control when you have merely paid for tech transfer and not even exerted your brains using the god sent opportunity of LCA.

7) Tech control ultimately works out cheaper & effective, for the nation as a whole
Any experts here who can share what all is part of TOT???

Pulkit

Country flag
We can use the same technology used for Tejas in AMCA as the AESA, BVR, Cockpit displays, EW suite, stealth paint etc are same. The basics like airframe is simple to make and there is nothing like copying in that. Only the composite technology can be copied and reshaped. The other factors like flight control, specific avionics is also similar except for modifications in design changes and that is minor software adjustment, not rewrite.

Most of the technology are actually transferable from one plane to another except for those technologies which are directly dependent on the design of the plane.
The only thing that caught my attention was the word Simple used for airframe.....
It's not that simple though the composite technique with HAL is even used by foreign vendors but it's not simple....
Can say so from experience.
I do not know why you think it's simple....

It's not....

Pulkit

Country flag
There is enough technology to do that. If we extract 2000 tons of Uranium, we can run it in production mode to get 4tons of plutonium. We may have to build dozens of plutonium reprocessing plants but since we have the technology to build 1, we can definitely build a dozen. Each modern nuke needs 2-3 kg of plutonium. In Nagasaki bomb, 6kg was used but technology has evolved to be more complex.

So, each year we can make more than 1000 to 2000 bombs. I am not speaking of 1lakh H-bomb but even ordinary plutonium ones.
To extract that 2000 tonnes how much do we even need to process and how long will it take....
1000's of nuclear bombs needs more than we have and more than we can manage for it......

Vijyes

The only thing that caught my attention was the word Simple used for airframe.....
It's not that simple though the composite technique with HAL is even used by foreign vendors but it's not simple....
Can say so from experience.
I do not know why you think it's simple....

It's not....
India has experience building licensed Russian planes. Su30 is also partially built in India. India as a result has obtained airframe manufacturing capabilities long back. Once obtained it is easy to do minor upgrades. I am not asking some local carpenter or blacksmith to make airframes:facepalm:

Vijyes

To extract that 2000 tonnes how much do we even need to process and how long will it take....
1000's of nuclear bombs needs more than we have and more than we can manage for it......
We may already be mining that much Uranium or may be about 1000 tons. With Tumalepalle and Meghalaya, we can make 2000tons per year. By comparison, Kazakhstan extracts tens of thousands of tons. We also extract millions of tons of iron, coal etc which is perfectly possible. 2k tons of uranium is not some big deal. Looks like you have some problems with yourself and want to make yourself happy by saying to yourself that you are not the only useless person. Everyone else are also as useless as you

Pulkit

Country flag
We may already be mining that much Uranium or may be about 1000 tons. With Tumalepalle and Meghalaya, we can make 2000tons per year. By comparison, Kazakhstan extracts tens of thousands of tons. We also extract millions of tons of iron, coal etc which is perfectly possible. 2k tons of uranium is not some big deal. Looks like you have some problems with yourself and want to make yourself happy by saying to yourself that you are not the only useless person. Everyone else are also as useless as you
Buddy there is a difference between mined and extracted....
Mining is tries in thousands on tonnes but the one to be used in weapon takes alot I time and money and further making weapon is even more costlier....

We don't have that much of fissile material to build thousands.... I am no expert but if that could have been the case China would definitely have 1000's

Vijyes

Buddy there is a difference between mined and extracted....
Mining is tries in thousands on tonnes but the one to be used in weapon takes alot I time and money and further making weapon is even more costlier....

We don't have that much of fissile material to build thousands.... I am no expert but if that could have been the case China would definitely have 1000's
China has thousands of nukes. It is a bullshit number - 260. China has much larger nuclear arsenal. It is not hard to get 2000 tons a year of uranium which in turn can be run in our non-civilian reactor to get plutonium. For every 280-300 ton uranium, we can get 300kg weapon grade plutonium- About 100-150 bombs. So, we can get 600-700 bombs a year easily. We can also separate u235 to get 14.2 tons for 2000 tonnes uranium. This can be used for 4000 nukes.

That is why I am saying that we don't need just bullshit import items without ToT. No ToT makes so sense for purchase. We need ToT only. Nukes and missiles are the way to go for defense in the time being. Till we get our own technology or ToT, we wait. Our engineers and scientists are not fools. They are not allowed to work by congress

Global Defence

New threads

Articles