Sukhoi PAK FA

Vijyes

I know, you are too eager to have a war.
Better quality coal gives high energy output with less residue.
If you are depressed with lower Electric power generation than please research about kundankulam Project where a single unit of 1000MW Capacity plant generates 917MW of power at ₹4.29/unit
Note: if you want further off-Topic discussions than please move to desired thread.
Also correct your knowledge about Nuclear energy as well.

Cheers
Let me make a last off topic comment - no breeder reactor has worked to that level. Breeder reactors till. Now has always been 400MW or less. For stable run, it is generally 250MW or less.

I know well as to what I am saying. Better quality coal gives high energy is correct. But that doesn't mean Indian coal doesn't give any energy. It is 66% of US coal (best quality in the world) and that is still decent enough.

Don't even think of alternative Energy. There is none

gadeshi

Let me make a last off topic comment - no breeder reactor has worked to that level. Breeder reactors till. Now has always been 400MW or less. For stable run, it is generally 250MW or less.

I know well as to what I am saying. Better quality coal gives high energy is correct. But that doesn't mean Indian coal doesn't give any energy. It is 66% of US coal (best quality in the world) and that is still decent enough.

You are wrong.
There are BN-600 (scientific) and BN-800 (production) breeders work in Russia and BN-1200 is under construction.
Numbers in index mean megawattes.
Russians are the first and the only nation who has this technology developped to production stage.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Vijyes

You are wrong.
There are BN-600 (scientific) and BN-800 (production) breeders work in Russia and BN-1200 is under construction.
Numbers in index mean megawattes.
Russians are the first and the only nation who has this technology developped to production stage.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
What is the capacity at which is is running (absolute as well as percentage wise)? It is like your alto car with speed limit 180kmph but actual maximum 100kmph. The BN600, BN800 etc work in <500MW range in real output. Google thoroughly and see for yourself. BN600 has cumulative capacity factor of 400-450 MW. Look at the number of leaks and shut downs per 5 years. You will understand what I am saying

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

1st. Nuclear weapons use enriched uranium i.e. u-235 whereas these breeder reactors use u-238 or thorium-232.
2nd. Why are you veering here and there on a single thread?
3rd. If we have coal, does it mean that we should return back to steam engines Bcoz we hv coal but not crude.
4th. India is also working on prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) of 500 MW
5th. If every scientist or researcher think with your mentality than surely there was no car or anything developed.
6th. Stepping up is not a bad thing. Breeder reactor is a next gen clean energy technology.

Vijyes

1st. Nuclear weapons use enriched uranium i.e. u-235 whereas these breeder reactors use u-238 or thorium-232.
2nd. Why are you veering here and there on a single thread?
3rd. If we have coal, does it mean that we should return back to steam engines Bcoz we hv coal but not crude.
4th. India is also working on prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) of 500 MW
5th. If every scientist or researcher think with your mentality than surely there was no car or anything developed.
6th. Stepping up is not a bad thing. Breeder reactor is a next gen clean energy technology.
I am fully in support of breeder reactor. My priority is 1lakh nukes. Breeder reactors give plutonium of weapons grade quality and helps in the process. Also, once my goal of 1lakh nukes are completed, we can pursue breeder for energy needs.

gadeshi

What is the capacity at which is is running (absolute as well as percentage wise)? It is like your alto car with speed limit 180kmph but actual maximum 100kmph. The BN600, BN800 etc work in <500MW range in real output. Google thoroughly and see for yourself. BN600 has cumulative capacity factor of 400-450 MW. Look at the number of leaks and shut downs per 5 years. You will understand what I am saying
They work at 95 to 100% rate (especially production ones).
There were no leaks or emergency stops on them (except BN-600 which is a test rig periodically stopped for measurments).
All of those foreign articles are presumptions only, based on negative Western breeders experience and typical problems of Western breeders that still leak and burn due to wrong cooling scheme and coolants used.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I am fully in support of breeder reactor. My priority is 1lakh nukes. Breeder reactors give plutonium of weapons grade quality and helps in the process. Also, once my goal of 1lakh nukes are completed, we can pursue breeder for energy needs.
1 lakh Nukes
Bruv are u OK
There aren't that many Nukes in the whole world combined.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Sorry bro, but this is significantly wrong information and presumptions.

Su tech transfer was very much there and mostly already taken place. The import content (valuewise) of Su-30MKI is only 4% more than that of LCA. And that too is only because of the fact that:
I do not understand your meaning of tech transfer but if you mean that Licencing and building it at home and making a large number of the components locally means technology transfer then why Not? Yes we got the tech....
1) Su-30MKI contract is a very old contract with presumptions of those earlier times while LCA was not restricted by any foreign-contract and has evolved continuously.
LCA delay as stated by DRDO ADA is due to the dependencies on fareign vendors since the very beginning . Yes it has evolved But......
2) Had India sunk even a little more money in LCA (may be just Rs. 5000-7000 crore) more than there is no reason why LCA cannot be nearly 100% indigenous. The investments in Su-30MKI infact show how much money is needed to actually make an aircraft and then manufacture it.
Again I cannot keep trying to explain this to you again and again ... Its more about Time and experimentation to get technology not Money Unless you hope to get it from someone.
It is another matter that some Indians today feel that we should have gotten all of the tech for the X amount of money invested in Su-30MKI. Unfortunately things like that don't happen. There is no alternative to DIY. You can own a sexy bike and get some stupid woman to ride with you but that will never be able to replace the organic relationship that a hot-roder will have with his own machine. You have to first decide if you are in it for the pride of the ride or for the need for speed or just to be able to fuck the woman in the pillion - three different things and you cannot have all three with a third world salary.
Made no sense to me
No aircraft or any other piece of equipment which is properly customized can ever be completely absorbed based on a license manufacturing. India passed the stage of learning from License manufacturing about the time we made Jaguars and Mig-27s.
Su30MKI is also part of it
We already have had pieces of technologies flowing from LCA to other aircrafts and vice versa. Concurrency is today sought to be attained within a single program itself (like F-35). Concurrency across platforms is even easier. You don't need 10 years to judge if the DC-MAWS which works for Sukhoi is good for LCA. Not even for example, to understand if the CLAWs for one can be based on the other. If 10 years are being asked for to absorb then you must counter-question if the intent is to avoid having to absorb/transfer the knowhow esp. given that no foreign country today provides the harder to get IPR. If somebody asks 10 years to absorb the lower end tech which is easily on offer then may be the absorbing party is not properly resourced. Indian engineers are not gadhas.
Now here you are just making assumptions though i will restate my point that the tech developed for LCA can not be used as it is even if we go ahead and try and use it in another aircraft.

Last edited:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
We are importing fuel only for civilian reactors. Also, there is a reason why BJP fought against the Civil nuclear deal as being against Indian sovereignty. India actually doesn't need nuclear power in civil sector unless the plutonium is available for reprocessing. We have enough coal to produce energy. The energy the uranium can produce is negligible due to low availability. We have already used up 35% of Uranium in last 50 years producing 5% of electricity. Rest 65% will be exhausted soon. Coal produces 70% of world energy and is still in abundance. Don't give environmental bullshit. Coal is not replaceable with Uranium simply because it is not available in enough quantities.

We only need Uranium to make bombs. Period. That can't be done by imported Uranium.
Oh wao that was really some :bs: . Did I talk about Coal or environment ?
I simply said that its not possible to make Thousands and thousands of Nuclear Bombs . From where ever you Ctrl+c and ctrl+v this you took it out of context.

Its takes alot of time to enrich fuel to be used in a nuclear bomb and even then the quantity is quite low.With the expertise and ability and resources we have 1000's is a very big number.

Vijyes

You are mentally ILL so I suggest you to visit a good Doctor.
Mr. Yechuri, stop ruining this thread with stupid jokes.
See, it is always wise to have more than less. If there is a war, we may have no time to make as many as we need. It is better to have much more than that can be used and choose not to use some

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
See, it is always wise to have more than less. If there is a war, we may have no time to make as many as we need. It is better to have much more than that can be used and choose not to use some
With 1 lac Nukes, either earth will not be there or not fit for live.
Be conscious while making any statement.

Vijyes

Oh wao that was really some :bs: . Did I talk about Coal or environment ?
I simply said that its not possible to make Thousands and thousands of Nuclear Bombs . From where ever you Ctrl+c and ctrl+v this you took it out of context.

Its takes alot of time to enrich fuel to be used in a nuclear bomb and even then the quantity is quite low.With the expertise and ability and resources we have 1000's is a very big number.
There is enough technology to do that. If we extract 2000 tons of Uranium, we can run it in production mode to get 4tons of plutonium. We may have to build dozens of plutonium reprocessing plants but since we have the technology to build 1, we can definitely build a dozen. Each modern nuke needs 2-3 kg of plutonium. In Nagasaki bomb, 6kg was used but technology has evolved to be more complex.

So, each year we can make more than 1000 to 2000 bombs. I am not speaking of 1lakh H-bomb but even ordinary plutonium ones.

Vijyes

I do not understand your meaning of tech transfer but if you mean that Licencing and building it at home and making a large number of the components locally means technology transfer then why Not? Yes we got the tech.... LCA delay as stated by DRDO ADA is due to the dependencies on fareign vendors since the very beginning . Yes it has evolved But......Again I cannot keep trying to explain this to you again and again ... Its more about Time and experimentation to get technology not Money Unless you hope to get it from someone. Made no sense to me Su30MKI is also part of it
Now here you are just making assumptions though i will restate my point that the tech developed for LCA can not be used as it is even if we go ahead and try and use it in another aircraft.
We can use the same technology used for Tejas in AMCA as the AESA, BVR, Cockpit displays, EW suite, stealth paint etc are same. The basics like airframe is simple to make and there is nothing like copying in that. Only the composite technology can be copied and reshaped. The other factors like flight control, specific avionics is also similar except for modifications in design changes and that is minor software adjustment, not rewrite.

Most of the technology are actually transferable from one plane to another except for those technologies which are directly dependent on the design of the plane.

Vijyes

With 1 lac Nukes, either earth will not be there or not fit for live.
Be conscious while making any statement.
That is just a retarded theory made up by fools. A 10kT nuke can only damage about 3sq km and that means 1lakh 10kt bombs can take out 3lakh sqkms. You may add more for safety and say 6lakh sq km. That is not whole of earth, not even 2%

Khagesh

I do not understand your meaning of tech transfer but if you mean that Licencing and building it at home and making a large number of the components locally means technology transfer then why Not? Yes we got the tech....
It is like this:
1) Technology control is just [test data + know why] in essence. You can add some ancillary requirements too but these ancillary requirements are not going to be the essence of tech control.

2) Brains cannot be developed on borrowed solutions invariably focused onto the immediate problem at hand. For example like a young 12 class fuccha taking FIIT ji classes and imagining he is an engineer because he has been taught the 1st trick question or even the 10th.

3) Only alternative is to keep working away at a huge number of trick questions with or without support from FIITJee. If bhagwan is khush he will grant you gyan. This is the only method of tech control. Till India has tech control, every Indian is free to take pride in tech transfer.

4) Tech transfer is exactly that - knowing the knowhow. Even for that you have to deploy huge resources for something that does not cover all of the final product.

5) If you have to deploy huge resources then is it not wise to exert the brains too at a level commensurate with the money expended. This was never done for LCA. This will ultimately give you Tech Control and not a mere tech transfer.

6) you cannot just wish for Tech control when you have merely paid for tech transfer and not even exerted your brains using the god sent opportunity of LCA.

7) Tech control ultimately works out cheaper & effective, for the nation as a whole

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles