Suitable Jaguar Replacement

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
and the Americans and the Frenchies supply billions of dollars worth of equipment to the Pakis. At least we can buy from the Russians and pressure them not to sell anything to the Pakis

jmj_overlord

Re: IAF to buy 14 Tejas squadrons

and the Americans and the Frenchies supply billions of dollars worth of equipment to the Pakis. At least we can buy from the Russians and pressure them not to sell anything to the Pakis
i believe russians are not too inclined to or fond of pakis as any equipment supplied to them will make it's way to the chinese, which will be reverse engineered

Jagdish58

Will swiss airforce junk its grippen NG(tejas mk-2 equivalent ) and go for RAFALE instead? killing their own aviation industry for a few hundred Km extra range given by RAFALE? It is like seling your hand to buy bread.

Why are EU countries hell bent upon keeping their aviation industry alive and kicking with massive TYPHOON orders?

Strategic need. The same need which made chinese say NO to PAKFA Jv with russia and strike out on their own with J-20 and J-31, irrespective of the capability difference.

Why no one is advocating this line of argument?
I guess the Aircraft evolves and gets better and better through constant upgrades eg: F-16 in 70's to F-16 Block 60 of today

So Tejas Mk1 let us go with the word of Ex Air Cheif sir vasant naik currently it is Mig-21+++ aircraft , but still it means it is capable of replacing Mig-21 & Mig-27 with current configuration many comments might fly undermining the capability of Tejas but even the undermined Tejas is good enough to replace 2 platform in IAF so what is wrong in inducting soon?:confused:

Again you can buy FGFA, RAFALE , F-22, F-35 , Steath UCAV bomber with money but maintaining it & one should always depend on others for upgrade eg: Mirage-2000 expensive upgrade 45 Million USD which is more than new LCA cost:hail:

Indegenisation is the way to go , people might hammer me for this comment JF-17 thunder Pakis are Co-producing you can lt assembly etc , but still they are trying to come out of USA monopoly of F-16 in PAF inventory

ADA, HAL & Private industry like Mahindra, Reliance & Tata's should develop a credible Aerospace hub in India & IAFD should acknowledge & encourage indegenisation

If not Navy has been bigger support Indegenisation these companies should work for Naval requirement , like Carrier based new Fighters , UAV , Gunship & other helicopters and application:thumb:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

I guess the Aircraft evolves and gets better and better through constant upgrades eg: F-16 in 70's to F-16 Block 60 of today

So Tejas Mk1 let us go with the word of Ex Air Cheif sir vasant naik currently it is Mig-21+++ aircraft , but still it means it is capable of replacing Mig-21 & Mig-27 with current configuration many comments might fly undermining the capability of Tejas but even the undermined Tejas is good enough to replace 2 platform in IAF so what is wrong in inducting soon?:confused:

Again you can buy FGFA, RAFALE , F-22, F-35 , Steath UCAV bomber with money but maintaining it & one should always depend on others for upgrade eg: Mirage-2000 expensive upgrade 45 Million USD which is more than new LCA cost:hail:

Indegenisation is the way to go , people might hammer me for this comment JF-17 thunder Pakis are Co-producing you can lt assembly etc , but still they are trying to come out of USA monopoly of F-16 in PAF inventory

ADA, HAL & Private industry like Mahindra, Reliance & Tata's should develop a credible Aerospace hub in India & IAFD should acknowledge & encourage indegenisation

If not Navy has been bigger support Indegenisation these companies should work for Naval requirement , like Carrier based new Fighters , UAV , Gunship & other helicopters and application:thumb:
The only words you can count on tejas is Suneet krishna's.

naik's is a piece of junk.

Kyubi

Country flag

So Tejas Mk1 let us go with the word of Ex Air Cheif sir vasant naik currently it is Mig-21+++ aircraft ,
I'd like to know on what basis do you expect us to go with Ex Air chief's words, when the test pilot of Tejas confirms it is equivalent to upgraded mirage 2000. Also mate what the hell is MIG 21 +++ :confused: . With FBW and RSS ,the aircraft by default falls into 4th gen tech and from where did this term MIG 21 +++ come from..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Drdo should figure out way to make all those Mig 21, 27 & M2k into unmanned drones so they c can company the fighters and if situation comes absorb enemies bvr hit.
plus used to misguid enemy air defence.

Twinblade

Country flag

Drdo should figure out way to make all those Mig 21, 27 & M2k into unmanned drones so they c can company the fighters and if situation comes absorb enemies bvr hit.
plus used to misguid enemy air defence.
To keep those unmanned drones usable would require large amount of manpower in itself. It's far easier (and cheaper) to misguide enemy air defence with electronic warfare.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

To keep those unmanned drones usable would require large amount of manpower in itself. It's far easier (and cheaper) to misguide enemy air defence with electronic warfare.
more option better it is. Plus those will help in training crew for air defence.

Jagdish58

I'd like to know on what basis do you expect us to go with Ex Air chief's words, when the test pilot of Tejas confirms it is equivalent to upgraded mirage 2000. Also mate what the hell is MIG 21 +++ :confused: . With FBW and RSS ,the aircraft by default falls into 4th gen tech and from where did this term MIG 21 +++ come from..
Im not telling that we have to go with Ex IAF cheif words , i meant even if we agree on his comments still LCA is good enough to replace Mig-21 & 27 in IOC-1 configuration :thumb:

Mig-21+++ Cheif refers advance version of Mig-21 i guess , DRDO cheif ,ADA chief & HAL MD all were present when Sir Vasant naik labelled LCA Mig-21+++ aircraft

LCA Tejas will be an advanced version of MiG 21: IAF chief - Brahmand.com

Again Test pilot comments might be baised or he might be 100% right you never know

But IAF is reluctant to induct LCA in numbers that is true , which is sad . While Navy is backing up the project but the get second preference from ADA/HAL which is sad:confused:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

About the costly Mirage Upgrades.

The French Company Closed the Production line of Mirage ..So if we need upgrade we must have Production lines ..So some Money goes to for implementing the Production Line .

Second one we have no other options in our Arsenal like MRCA Mirage ..no other IAF aircraft can't satisfy MIrage's Performance ..So mirage needs Must for IAF ..!!

About the Tejas ..we need 5 tejas to do a Job while a Single Rafale Can do this ..That means Only two Pilots ..some fuel ..only one Hanger ..four or Five Engines and Accommodations so Up keep cost something lower ..if the same for Tejas we need it about 5 times more infra ..10 Pilots lots of fuel 5 hanger about 10+ Engines ..

sathya

Country flag

The French Company Closed the Production line of Mirage ..So if we need upgrade we must have Production lines ..So some Money goes to for implementing the Production Line .

Second one we have no other options in our Arsenal like MRCA Mirage ..no other IAF aircraft can't satisfy MIrage's Performance ..So mirage needs Must for IAF ..!!

About the Tejas ..we need 5 tejas to do a Job while a Single Rafale Can do this ..That means Only two Pilots ..some fuel ..only one Hanger ..four or Five Engines and Accommodations so Up keep cost something lower ..if the same for Tejas we need it about 5 times more infra ..10 Pilots lots of fuel 5 hanger about 10+ Engines ..

Mate , how about sending 1 jaguar + 1 Lca 1? In old fashioned way for the time being

Until Lca 2 arrives

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Mate , how about sending 1 jaguar + 1 Lca 1? In old fashioned way for the time being

Until Lca 2 arrives
Jaguar can bomb 1000 km away and RTB ..where Late Combat Aircraft bomb 500km and RTB ..!!!

and Jaguar is like a Heavy Truck ..where LCA is Tata Ape

Last edited:

sathya

Country flag

Jaguar while flies at low level, Lca can cover it from high altitude
so range difference will reduce..

Truck for bombing and ape for covering the truck mate,,..

rvjpheonix

Country flag

first you must explain how a single rafale is equal to 5 tejas. Otherwise all your other assumptions fall flat. And about the mirages production having ended so its costly. That is not our problem. All we have to do is a cost to benefit analysis. Its not our problem that the french cant give me an upgrade for normal amounts. I am getting a brand new aircraft better than the mirage 2000 in air to air.(And the mirage originally was marketed as mainly an air superiority fighter first). I am getting much more benefit in tejas including more work for domestic industries.

brahmastra11

Can you reclaim 5:1 Tejas to Rafale theory with a source.

Just 20% less range difference brought you to this theory.. Have you calculated unit cost and maintenance cost difference between these two ?

These things already been discussed earlier. you are going back to square one.

happy

more option better it is. Plus those will help in training crew for air defence.
I guess if they successfully convert them into drones they can be pitted against manned aircraft and skills can be sharpened as well as using them for target practice. Also, we can test our missiles in a more effective way and see how humans will try to evade an incoming in live combat, thereby, refining our missile tech as well.

happy

With all due respect, I think this is just propaganda without punch. As soon as LCA is inducted into the IAF the pilots themselves will testify of it's capabilities. AND, I am sure that will be a marvelous aircraft.

Twinblade

Country flag

The mirage updates are costly, no matter whatever excuse is used to justify them. It's an obvious ploy to undercut the costs of the Rafale deal. Due to the delay in LCA and retirement of MiG-21, the French knew we could not afford to let our Mirage-2000s fall into obsolescence and they screwed us up our rear hole without any lubricant.

Also, go ahead and justify how 1 rafale can do the work of 5 tejas. I'll be waiting for your reply.

brahmastra11

I am sorry to mistook 2nd line as yours and thanks for clarification.

I have just quoted the press release, was not able to post the link. Every word is from the press release only, I have not added anything from my side. "pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=97831"

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles