Successful user trial of MSMC

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
May 7, 2011

In development for close on to a decade, it struggled with weight and performance issues. The weight has now dropped to an acceptable 3.1kg and a reliability of 99.4 per cent (3 stoppages for every 1,000 rounds fired) but the Army wants it to reach 99.7 per cent. The Army will buy 2.18 lakh of the carbines for Rs 2,183 crore if the MSMC passes the test.
Its the reliability IA asked for 99.7% success rate, And its not a sub par reliability..

Source : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-forces-face-gun-crisis/1/137309.html

That is sub par reliability.

Chinmoy

Country flag
That is sub par reliability. Roughly thrice as bad as M4 if open source figures are to be believed and M4 itself is not known for its reliability.

I hate to say this but maybe phoren maal is the way forward.
Phoren maal has much less reliability in Indian context.

sthf

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas

I don't know what to say man. Please read up on the multiple dust tests of M4 with number of stoppages vis a vis rounds fired.

Phoren maal has much less reliability in Indian context.
We don't really know that. The information at hand is that phoren rifles failed the tests but by what margin. Rounds fired, stoppages, location, temperature etc are not mentioned and above all the performance of desi items when compared to these rifles.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their is nothing to say, Its Army requirment that MSMC have cleared, The detail posted on first page of this thread.

Every detail is posted in other threads including their reason of failures, I can reproduce here also, Though this is strictly about MSMC ..

@Kunal Biswas

I don't know what to say man. Please read up on the multiple dust tests of M4 with number of stoppages vis a vis rounds fired.

We don't really know that. The information at hand is that phoren rifles failed the tests but by what margin. Rounds fired, stoppages, location, temperature etc are not mentioned and above all the performance of desi items when compared to these rifles.

sthf

Country flag
What the hell, why was my post deleted? Whose ego is that fragile that it couldn't handle simple criticism of a weapon system?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its nothing to do with my ego but your incomprehension ..

All the data is posted in this thread and cannot be reproduce for every person every time, you are asking for spoon feeding that is not in option, your ranting when deny so is not reasonable ..

What the hell, why was my post deleted? Whose ego is that fragile that it couldn't handle simple criticism of a weapon system?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Thanks for sharing, @Abhi9 ..

Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.

sbm

Country flag
Abhi, when was that photo taken? It would be interesting if this enters service. Makes all sense.

Scrutator

Trying to deleting my post.....and I have to type some junk to accomplish that. Sorry guys!

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Is it an Airsoft gun ? The orange tip at breech of the gun is making me guess so...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles