Straight Talk with E N Rammohan..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
[h=1]Straight Talk with E N Rammohan[/h]A breathtaking interview with EN Rammohan, former DG BSF, regarding his report on the Dantewada massacre. Im not surprised the more "mainstream" channels dont interview him. He is a VERY candid man, on a range of issues connected with the Naxal problem, including operations, reasons for insurgency, and the much touted "Air Power against naxals", over which the Home Minister eventually had to eat crow. Worth a watch. Real journalism, instead of the canned rubbish which some media outlets put out. ENR was head of the BSF in Kashmir, before becoming DG. He was also in ITBP on deputation at the start of his career.

Former Border Security Force chief E N Rammohan submitted the Dantewada Naxal attack report to Home Secretary recently. With an interview with NewsXs National Affairs Editor Seema Mustafa, Rammohan revealed some new facts about the deadly attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPIEZ

Country flag
YUP! wonderful work. And some guy finally making sense on TV.

IMHO instead of spending crores for Anti-naxal operations, they could have used it for development of Naxals and enacting strong laws like the Land sealing act.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
It's "Land Ceiling Act" - It's used in West Bengal to a large extent - also, castism is much less prevalent in WB - so why is there still Maoist insurgency in WB?
My opinion is that not only castism and arrogance (which are definitely true in most of central/ northern India) , but also bad governance and corrupt administration is the root cause of most of the insrugencies in India.
I remember agentperry from this forum in another thread was dissing the tribals -
http://defenceforumindia.com/economic-development/25914-indian-power-sector-8.html#post327702

When I defended the tribals he said that the Tribals were not "contributing" to India - I hope he has watched Mr Rammohan's interview.

@ Spiez, I did listen to his views in the second part, I still think Helo support would have saved most of those ambushed Jawans - Helos can be great tactical help without firing missiles. "Gunships" most often do not even carry missiles or rockets - autocanons and MMGs are good enough for cover fire and ambush breaking, not to mention evacuation and extraction. India's COIN forces should get about 100 ALHs (nationwide) for air-support.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, Did mention the Helo attack routed the Insurgents in Assam, But its highly not advisable to use Air-power in such operations..

Its possible but its use must be under strict code, Given If BSF wing has it..

HAL Lancer [www.bharat-rakshak.com]

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles