Sting shows Mamata Banerjee’s top leaders ‘taking cash to help fictitious firm’

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by pmaitra, Mar 16, 2016.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Sting shows Mamata Banerjee’s top leaders ‘taking cash to help fictitious firm’

Commentary:
    • Last week, I called TMC corrupt, and now this is in the news.
    • If the Sharda Scam and the Malda Riots are any indicators, the ruling BJP will make a lot of noise, and then cut a secret deal with Mamata.

3. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

This won't have any impact on the election what so ever. Everybody knows there are people in all parties who take cash for favors.

jackprince likes this.
  4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Parliament has already transferred this case to ethics committee and EC has also filed a case about it. State government needs to investigate the whole matter but I don't think Mamata will do anything concrete, has she announced any committee or any SIT to investigate the issue????

abingdonboy likes this.
  5. pmaitra

Our dear friend @VIP is frantically trying to defend BJP.

Why is BJP making so much noise about JNU, but brushing this fake currency racket under the carpet?

Moreover, what will state government do? Do you expect the corrupt TMC to indict its own corrupt members?

DingDong likes this.
  6. aliyah

aliyah Regular Member

waste Bengal is so poor...... minister sold for 5 lac.....pathetic. these person should be put in jail forever....
    50lac for officer thats good :)

VIP, OneGrimPilgrim and Nuvneet Kundu like this.
  7. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

BJP should launch a full fledged investigation in this case and not rest till the TMC loses a fair bit of its vote bank. If the BJP wants any chance of being in west bengal, they should try to inflame this issue and awaken the bengalis.

8. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

9. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

What is BJP's action point on this TMC corruption ?

Are they still keeping quite to get some non existent support from TMC in Rajya Sabha ?

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  10. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Ok they would cut secrete deal but then what will they gain ??????

I donot see any kind of support TMC giving to bjp eithier in forthcoming elections in WB nor any kind of support in RS

11. VIP

What BJP would do here?? Isn't it the responsibility of state government to investigate the issue 1st??? Direct action from Center in a state matter is not a good thing. There's a government running in WB elected by people, they must investigate the issue 1st.

12. pmaitra

You don't get it, do you?

The state government is a TMC government. Will they put their own partyment in jail and prosecute them for corruption?

Let me give you one example from the JNU thread. Maybe you will understand. The BJP is in bed with PDP that calls Afzal Guru a martyr. Will the BJP put its own and PDP's partyment in jail and prosecute them for sedition?

And yes, direct action from the centre on a state is not a good thing. That is why, one must respect the Rajya Sabha, instead of trying to curry support in exchange for brushing scandals under the carpet.

@anoop_mig25, I am not talking about how BJP will handle this scam. I could speculate, but I was talking about the previous scams - how with (1) the Sharda scam, and (2) with the Madla riots, the BJP made a lot of noise, but fell silent. TMC and BJP made secret deal, whereby, one will scratch the other's back.

This is a case of mutual benefit.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  13. pmaitra

Nothing will happen. Knowing Mamata well, she will try all the tricks up her sleeves.

This will be an interesting case of two partners, neither trusting each other, and both trying to outflank the other, will keep playing games.

14. pmaitra

On the issue of imposition of President's Rule, a look at the S. R. Bommai v. Union of India case gives a lot of insight.

• One thing the Centre can do is dismiss the state government and have fresh elections. This could have been done in the aftermath of the Sharda scam.
    • In any event, the Centre could still impose President' rule and let it go to the court to determine whether this is an abuse, if one wants to challenge it.
    P.S.: Some have suggested that the imposition of President's rule might not pass the Parliament. The fact is, even if it is passed in the Parliament, it can still be challenged in court and nullified.

15. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

BJP has only got TMC's abstention in voting in Rajya Sabha and in return BJP has allowed Mamta to escape from Sardha scam... this is unfortunate but true...

I do not think that BJP has the courage in imposing the President rule in WB... doing so will unit the whole opposition ... rather they will let the people of WB to suffer...

It is also true that with the level of Gundaism and intimidation of voters as seen in 2014 and in Panchayet election, I really doubt how much fair the 2016 election will be without a neutral caretaker government...

pmaitra likes this.
  16. pmaitra

The level of gundaism and intimidation in 2014 was less remarkable compared to the insurgency across five districts of western WB in 2009/2010. I feel, many people in the urban Gangetic belt do not get the complete feel of the level of violence in the districts.

Frankly, the right to bear arms should be a constitutional right, like in the US. The centre is scared to arm the civilians and rely on the security forces, but when the body bags keep flowing, they eventually come to their senses and open the floodgates. We have a bunch of clowns running this country, both in the previous regime and the current one. I do give credit to P. Chidambaram. Better late than never.

To be fair to the centre, I think they don't want too much trouble as they have enough on their plate already. If you see the budget this year, BJP looks like a Left Front government (only as far as the budget goes). Considering the low oil prices, there must be something they know that we don't.

bose likes this.
  17. VIP

Your argument is TMC government won't take any action against its partymen, so central government must rope in and do the investigation. Do you know how it sounds ??? It clearly looks like a political vendetta.

BJP in bed with PDP :rofl: As I said earlier, BJP don't endorse views of PDP, even openly taking action against the idiots celebrating Afzal Guru, if BJP was only cared about Power, it would have put cold water all over the issue already. Delhi is not J&K, the NC and PDP have let such scums say whatever they want at 1st place, problem is GOI has no proper jurisdiction in J&K. But this infection must not infect Delhi or any other state and especially any institute.
    2nd, BJP got good seats in J&K, they can't ditch their own voters, they must represent their people properly and if possible, by forming the government. Governing and believing in something is totally different thing. And if you want to wave card of morality, voters interest should be put ahead of the political rivalry especially when there is a hung assembly. Look, what's happening in J&K, people is living under no state government, that's not a good thing, Political parties has to come forward to do what's necessary.

18. HariPrasad-1

HariPrasad-1 Senior Member Senior Member

Like modi said about the congress , it has a blessing of not getting defamed like the death. Trinmool being the same gene party may have the blessing like congress of not being defamed.

VIP likes this.
  19. VIP

You get what you seed, I know this line is not popular and disliked by many but the people who voted their leaders are the responsible for the present state. Same is true for WB.
    If Bengalis don't vote BJP and vote the gundas as you said, why should BJP risk its small presence there ?? Imposing president's rule will obviously get backlash from everywhere and what line they will use to bash BJP ?? "People of WB has democratically elected the TMC government, central is being bully and for political gain it's not letting the state government function. "

Nuvneet Kundu likes this.
  20. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

First of all , before all this whole JNU drama, UMAR kahlid had visited timenow channel and i had seen his crap on support to J&K freedom on that day discussion

Everybody has seen various videos on JNU drama and in almost most of them UMARE kahlid and his gang where always present , they may have not shouted and then they didnt do anything which suggested that opposed it anyway.

And Umar khalid body moment suggested he was more then happy to organise such events.

The Judge in this case Had made know to Mr Kaniyha that Mr Kaniyha failed to infomed to police about this anti-India solgan raise in JNU and this is crime.this is on record.

Forget students , a number of current /ex-professor belonging to JNU, vidoes/belief had been printed in Media/SM where on record that says India has been aggressor and for almost all NE states plus kashmir must be given freedom/referndum and also any other states which ask for must be given the same

Last but not leats BJP-PDP alliance has almost collapsed and so your argument that beciase of PDP BJP is not arresting real culprit doenot hold true.

BJP made scertes deal with TMC but i m yet to see how has TMC helped BJP in RS or any other way

Instead what i see is TMC MP regulary rasing communal issue against BJP.

Between what should have BJP done in chit fund case . ITs already with CBI.If CBI isnt investigation propely then main opposition party of bengal communist can ask for court monitoring probe , i am yet see communist demanding the same.

I malda riots what can center do . they had asked for report and TMC gov might or might not submitted report.I donot think more can be done and unless and untill there is any law which allows center action

21. Bengal_Tiger

Bengal_Tiger Regular Member

Hi Pmaitra, I wanted to open a thread in the south Asia sub-forum about a West Bengal related issue but I can't. I don't think I'm allowed to open threads there any more, can that be resolved please?