Starving in India: Surviving on Toxic Roots

redragon

Country flag
The purpose of this thread is for Indian members to discuss the positives of the Indian economy and engage in constructive criticism of the negatove side.
Can you show me where I can see the official statement regarding this?

redragon

Country flag
Not for chicoms to come and earn their daily 50 cents.
As expected, the best Indian member can do is this name calling. I think I have seem a lot of this in this forum, I can't help but to conclude that not to engage the real problem is part of Indian collective characters, and I do believe now, this side of your charactor contributes a lot to what this WSJ report is trying to show

mylegend

The purpose of this thread is for Indian members to discuss the positives of the Indian economy and engage in constructive criticism of the negatove side.

Not for chicoms to come and earn their daily 50 cents.
There is nothing constructive or destructive for damage that already done, solution will only appear when problem is acknowledged. After all, if there is no problem, there is no need for solution.So if you want to be constructive or destructive, then you need to acknowledged your own problem.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May I guide you to this http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=464523

Let me add, china has made progress in alleviating poverty, it can share best practices with India and those in the know of the process on this forum can share it here.

Also, India has not lost 45 million people due to hunger in 3 years. China purged it's hungry population as it didn't care.

So if you have genuine concern (if at all) contribute positively. If you want to show how china is feasting while India is hungry, then you know where the door is.

India discusses its problems. Here the Internet is not censored the moment there seems to be some trouble or untoward incident.

redragon

Country flag
May I guide you to this Attention Chinese Members

still nothing about this "The purpose of this thread is for Indian members to discuss the positives of the Indian economy and engage in constructive criticism of the negatove side.
"
and what is your evidence saying what I post is chicom propoganda and I am a 50 cents army?
anything I said is not a fact? I genuine believe I am contributing positivly in terms of engaging negative side of India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
still nothing about this "The purpose of this thread is for Indian members to discuss the positives of the Indian economy and engage in constructive criticism of the negatove side.
"
and what is your evidence saying what I post is chicom propoganda and I am a 50 cents army?
anything I said is not a fact? I genuine believe I am contributing positivly in terms of engaging negative side of India
Please do contribute positively.

No India will not have a great leap forward. We want to alleviate poverty not eliminate the poor.

Yes we are aware of systemic problems and that is why we discuss it on the forum an also hope that there are powers to be watching this space who will take heed and get ideas as well.

redragon

Country flag
The Chinese don't have any rights whatsoever to question what happens in China. Why do you think you have those rights to question, in India?
you are speaking like the right to ask question does a better job in India, my constructive suggestion is, think harder why there are so many criminal elected in your congress, why democracy can't stop that, what is a more efficient way to develop a developing country, efficiency or balance and fair, which one is more important, you just can't get both at same time.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Found this piece. Looks like a concerned citizen just like all of us.

Tanveer Ali:

"When India achieved independence, more than 50 years ago, the people of the country were much afflicted by endemic hunger. They still are. Since India is often considered to be one of the great success stories in tackling the food problem, the belief in success has to be scrutinised in the light of the grim reality that we can observe."

- Amartya Sen, speaking on Hunger in India at a public hearing on the Right to Food, New Delhi, 10 January 2003

Millions in India cannot afford a single meal a day. Who is to blame for this sorry state of affairs in our nation, the government, the officials or the system?

Corruption exacerbates poverty in most of rural India. The money that the central/state government earmarks for poverty eradication is cleverly pocketed by politicians, corrupt government officials and some village leaders.

A classic example of this would be the NREGA, the flagship programme of the UPA government. The scheme promises 100 days of work and is a lifeline for many rural families. Even though this programme is a success in many parts of the nation, the promised wages are not delivered to the families in other parts. It may shock you that India has more than a third of the world's hungry people. More than half of the Indian children are undernourished. Against the popular perception among slogans like 'India rising' and 'Incredible India', India's condition is not much better than that of the dark continent, Africa or specifically Sub Saharan Africa with countries like Mozambique, Sierra Leone etc. To add to these all, the FCI (Food Corporation of India) is one of the most corrupt divisions of the central government.

There are three main public programmes to ensure the food security in India; the Public Food Distribution System (PDS), the Integrated Child Development System (ICDS), and 100 day-employment guarantee system under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA). For the school children's food security in particular, the government provides meals to all students at schools under the Mid-day Meal Scheme.

As mentioned earlier, these programmes did not turn out as expected with allegations that the food grains sold in PDS are of sub standard quality. Meanwhile, leaders like Mayawati continue building statues as people in UP are dying from hunger due to drought. Any comment on that will launch the tirade of accusations that she is targeted just because she is Dalit. The national media is also, by and large ignorant of the fact and cover articles only on food festivals and restaurants, ignoring the state of hunger.

We can't blame anyone squarely for this condition of the nation. Poverty, hunger, corruption, societal ills etc are all ills and form a part of one viscous huge cycle.

The child care centres, popularly known as Anganwadis are mostly open only 6-7 days a month when they are the primary facility to provide immunization and supplementary food for the children under age of six and pregnant women at village level, thus expected to work 30 days a month.

Public discourse and action at the grass root level are the need of the hour. All these supported duly at both the state and central level will lead to the destruction of that viscous cycle. It's all about making the poor and hungry step on the economic ladder, momentarily forget about climbing it.

There is no immediate instant and viable solution to this problem but a sustained inclusive growth happens to be the answer.

http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2009/12/hunger-and-starvation-deaths-in-india-a-serious-concern/

Iamanidiot

you are speaking like the right to ask question does a better job in India, my constructive suggestion is, think harder why there are so many criminal elected in your congress, why democracy can't stop that, what is a more efficient way to develop a developing country, efficiency or balance and fair, which one is more important, you just can't get both at same time.
All political parties are cumulatively better than the CCP thugs any other day Bo Xilai anyone?Smell your own bum before pointing a finger at others

redragon

Country flag
All political parties are cumulatively better than the CCP thugs any other day Bo Xilai anyone?Smell your own bum before pointing a finger at others
very nice attitude, that proves my obersavation more, I will go back to watch china sub forum, I guess it would be even better you delete this thread totally, then you can discuss all positive as you wish.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I will close this thread if there is any of the usual shit. Hunger is a problem in India. We will discuss ways to tackle it. Please do not convert it into a Indo -China pissing contest.

Tolaha

You didn't bother answering my question, so dont expect me to answer yours! :)

No Indian would worship a man responsible for killing millions. You can find it in China (and in different degree in NK). Like Yusuf said, the Chinese may be fine with eliminating poverty by eliminating the poor Chinese. Fortunately, it doesn't work that way in rest of the world!

P.S: Saw Yusuf's message after I posted mine.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We have been discussing the issue of poverty for a few days in another thread. Even there I said, vast majority don't have enough to eat everyday and that any employment that affords them food backed with a good food distribution system will go a long way in feeding the hungry.

Kristenhayes

detox facilities

Nice blog! Detox facilities are widely available these days but you need to find a suitable clinic for that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles