Starting threads on topics that already exists

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dear Members,

Increasingly we find that a lot of threads are being opened on topics that already exists. Any new new development that might have come up on an existing subject should go into a relevant thread rather than start a new thread.

Also if there is any new topic to discuss, please see if any other member has not started a thread already about it.

The new google search option is very easy and comprehensive to give result on any topic. Please use that to see if there are any existing or relevant threads that can be used to post.

From now on, staff might not merge any such threads started with the existing ones as using the delete button is easier.

DFI staff highly appreciates cooperation from all members.

SHASH2K2

I would suggest you all people to just copy and paste title of the subject in search option at top right corner . you will come to know if there is already a thread or not. I have made it a habit to search before posting anything new.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I'd recommend to incorporate the old feature we had on integrated search. Previously, when we used to enter the 'Topic Name' while creating 'New Thread' automatic internal search used to return the similar topics which already exists.

I miss that feature all the times. Using independent Google search is lengthy & may not provide required result. Please look into that old module & activate it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes nrj we are working on it.. after the upgrade, that feature got disabled. It will be restored as soon as possible.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes nrj we are working on it.. after the upgrade, that feature got disabled. It will be restored as soon as possible.
Thank you Yusuf. Looking forward...

Regards,
Nrj

Oracle

I have already made this known to Mods earlier. Clutters the space and unnecessary work for the Mods and it takes just a minute to search, if a thread already exists.

A.V.

i will find a modification like before to fix this problem by today hold on

A.V.

New Feature added , post the tile of a newthread see similar thread tat already exists instantly below the title box .

This feature will stop reposts and reopening of threads.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think nrj's suggestion is more user friendly.

It helped me many a time to avoid duplicate thread or see how the topic I wanted to start a thread with could be merged into an already existing one.

A.V.

ray sir that feature what nrj has suggested has already been installed now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks.

It will be a great help.

Sorry for having raised it. It was out of ignorance since I have not been tempted to start any thread of late.

The last time I did not find the thread popping up and so I let go and thank Heavens there were no similar threads going around.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All right then, anyone now posting duplicate threads, gets his thread deleted and invite an infraction. or he could take the mods out for dinner for being a pain. Lol.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So Yusuf is going into action!! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles