Stalin killed Netaji, Subramanian Swamy says

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Redhawk, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

Interesting speculation on this historical figure:

Stalin killed Netaji, Subramanian Swamy says

3. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

Intriguing! If Stalin did have a hand in Bose's death and secret files can confirm this, declassifying and disclosing them oughtn't to affect relations with any foreign nations in 2015, some 24 years after the fall of the Soviet Union and 62 years after the death of Stalin. I think the Indian government is exaggerating the negative affect on India's external relations that declassifying and disclosing the files would have at this stage of the game.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    SANITY likes this.
  4. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Hope to hear comments from communit`s party of indian and also from hindu news paper

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It could.

It would have domestic politics ramifications. Bose is still a revered national figure.

It will lead to various questions that would embarrass the eminent political personalities of the past of India.

Internationally, if Britain and USSR played a role, that role would have to be publicly investigated and that could lead to embarrassment for India, Britain and Russia.

6. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

Internationally, I don't think so, Ray. Embarrassment to other countries is all it could cause and it would be quickly forgotten. Stalin killed millions. If Stalin did have a hand in killing Bose, it would be but one more. What Britain's role in Bose's death could have been can only be conjectured. But I concede that the domestic political ramifications for the Indian government are worth considering.

DingDong likes this.
  7. Ray

Embarrassment could lead to India's alienation (forced by public outrage at the murder of a national hero) in a global interdependent world.

Europe's economy and economic clout is stagnant. It depends on expanding markets. India is a large market. England is as large as a full stop.

Russia is already up a gum tree.

Therefore, they can't forget.

India, on the other hand, cannot forsake them because they require them to expand their own industry and market.

Britain's role would be exposed and not remain a conjecture and Britain is known for intrigues and ruination of India.

You spoke of Holdomor of Stalin. Britain did so, thanks to Churchill, with the devastating Famine of Bengal.

Churchill is an equal scoundrel and murderer as Stalin. Sadly, Stalin is condemned and Churchill is made a hero for the same dastardly crime!

It is only of late, when the 'secret' papers were declassified did one come to know of Churchill's role in his own Holdomor.

DingDong and Kharavela like this.
  8. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

I take the point that Indian public outrage over Bose's death could force the Indian government into a difficult position internationally.

As for the rest, now I'm really intrigued, to the point of fascination. What happened in India under Churchill would make very interesting, indeed, fascinating, reading. And the exposure of the machinations of the British at this time would be most enlightening. I'm sure classified files in the Indian government archives would have a lot of dirt on the British activities during the 1930s and 40s.

9. Ray

This is what Churchill said

I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits.”

-Winston Churchill

The scarcity was caused by large-scale exports of food from India for use in the war theatres and consumption in Britain - India exported more than 70,000 tonnes of rice between January and July 1943, even as the famine set in. This would have kept nearly 400,000 people alive for a full year. Mr Churchill turned down fervent pleas to export food to India citing a shortage of ships - this when shiploads of Australian wheat, for example, would pass by India to be stored for future consumption in Europe.

"Apparently it is more important to save the Greeks and liberated countries than the Indians and there is reluctance either to provide shipping or to reduce stocks in this country," writes Sir Wavell (was the General and then Viceroy) in his account of the meetings (with Churchill). Mr Amery is more direct. "Winston may be right in saying that the starvation of anyhow under-fed Bengalis is less serious than sturdy Greeks, but he makes no sufficient allowance for the sense of Empire responsibility in this country," he writes.

10. Redhawk

Redhawk Regular Member

@Ray

I have no doubt Churchill was a prize shit. His sense of responsibility to the peoples of the Empire was nil. We never had to suffer the way Indians and particularly the Bengalis did during the war. But to give you an example from our own history, when Australia took its troops out of North Africa in 1942 to fight the Japanese in New Guinea, on Australia's doorstep, Churchill didn't like it one bit. The Australian prime minister, John Curtin, just took the troops out without seeking British approval or permission and Churchill was livid. He regarded Australia as a colony and not an independent country.

Thanks.
    Did not know this.
    Education for me.
    -Ray

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  11. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I am also thinking the same but i dont think soviets would do it without a nod from GoI at the time.

But if it is so why isn't bjp doing the needful ?

12. Kharavela

Kharavela Regular Member

AFAIK, BJP is not against declassification of files related to Netaji, but waiting for proper time.

It will use the issue for maximum mileage & declassify selected files which checkmates both Congress & Communists, just before West Bengal Assembly elections.

Dr Subramanian Swamy's revelations initiated public debate & will be on its peak to become an election issue.

13. dastan

dastan Regular Member

I don't think that's the case as the same old excuse of 'impact on foreign relations' had also been given by bjp. Anyway I just wish at least one of our national parties had the guts to do it

14. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

BJP will use declassification of Netaji and Shastri files as WMDs against Congress, at just the right time. Congress is responsible for both their killings.

dastan likes this.
  15. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Why didn't ABV use it then?

16. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

ABV was nothing like Modi, he was a guy who was hated by none and loved by all, in short he was what we call in Hindi a "Dogla".

I read this somewhere that Nehru was ready to disown SC Bose and agreed to hand him over to British for "war crime", Gandhi did not object. Now I cannot find that piece of information.

dastan likes this.
  17. genius

genius Regular Member

The problem is, Indians often behave badly. Why is it Churchill didn't say such things about others ... because Indians often have this cultural habit of being loud, boorish, etc. That is not good behavior.

18. Ray

Churchill must have met you.

marshall and Kharavela like this.
  19. genius

genius Regular Member

I understand your frustration, Ray. You seem to have no rebuttal.

20. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Yes that's supposed to be true! nehru signed an agreement with the British to handover Bose if he lands back in India

Peter likes this.
  21. Ray

NO frustration really.

It requires only pressing a small button and the chap vanishes.

I can rebut a person who has sanity inbuilt and not frustration as his sole pursuit, and you are an ideal example.

You exist for comic relief.

Unlike you here is a soldier who penned this poem that may help you to realise yourself, if indeed you claim what you are.

The essence of the poem is what is important
    And maybe this will shame you if indeed you claim what you are

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    dastan likes this.