SSBN S-5 - India's next Generation nuclear submarine

AbhishekDas

Tihar Jail
Banned
India is concentrating on the development of current ssbn of arihant class that will give Ind Navy at least 4 submrns & after its completion around 2022-23, DRDO will start to develop ssn of larger size, capacity & effectiveness besides India will have all the 3 leased SSN of Akula class from Russia with the option to buy all of them & I think India will buy all of them after the end of their 10 years lease....& by 2035-36 Indian Navy will have at least 4-6 SSBN of Arihant class, 5-6 SSN of Indigenous unknown class & 3 SSN of Akula class, a total of 12-15 Nuclear Submarines in its inventory....!!!

AbhishekDas

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian Naval Fleet will include at least 24 Destroyers, 26 Frigates, 35 Corvettes, 3 Aircraft Carriers as the main surface combatants, a total of 88 ships, it looks something wrong but Indian Navy Considers Corvettes as a part of their main surface combatants, so my calculation is seems to be right......on the other it will have 30+ submarines including at least 10 Nuke Subs, besides at least 5 Landing Platform Docks of Jalaswa class, 21 Small Landing Docks, upto 30 missile boats, 12 Fleet Refueller, 15 Fleet Tankers, 5 Amphibious ships, 50+ Offshore Vessels & 15+ Patrol Boats, a total of 271 vessels & around 221 major vessels, it will be seen by 2030 & it will be a great power to Indian Navy as by the same time Chinese PLA-Navy will have around 340 Major Naval Vessels & around 560 total vessels.....!!!

Bheeshma

I doubt IN will ever have that sort of fleet. I will settle for 12 destroyers, 21 frigates and 12 P-28/28A corvettes with the carriers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles