Sri Lanka's Killing Fields

Oracle

It is simple, India can interfere in Pakistan and in Sri lanka, while they cant. It is as simple as that. Nagaland/Kashmir or the Indian Army is not the same as Baloch/PA CHina/Tibet or Srilanka/Tamil. We are the big dog, we need to act in such way. Have you seen the video yet?
26/11, and nothing happened from Indian side. So it is quite the opposite. Not so simple anymore.

You brought in the Indian Army, not me.

Param

The final phases of the war was actually orchestrated by Pakistani advisers to the SL armed forces, logistically they kept the supplies flowing via China and also it was advised for Sri Lanka to not differentiate between guerrillas and civilians as has been corroborated by surviving Tamils. However this is what happens in war, nothing different from any other theatre I have witnessed.
Yup ! Human rights are just two words.
After seeing such things I think I would not get too emotional when our forces commit horrible violations in the NE, Kashmir or the Moaist infested regions.

Adux

Country flag
26/11, and nothing happened from Indian side. So it is quite the opposite. Not so simple anymore.

You brought in the Indian Army, not me.
26/11 is quite different to what happened in Sri Lanka, The actors involved are not the same in the eyes of the law, but what they did is exactly the same, Terrorist scum is Terrorist scum!

I didnt you did by, comparing Indian Internal problems for which Indian Army are actors with that of China and Pakistan.

Oracle

Human rights violations are done by each and every state machinery in almost every country. When there is a civil war, that toll and level of violations rise manifold. Sad but true.

That said, India should respect the sovereignty of SL, and if needed ask for a UN probe, and not interfere directly, which I do not see happening anyway.

Oracle

26/11 is quite different to what happened in Sri Lanka, The actors involved are not the same in the eyes of the law, but what they did is exactly the same, Terrorist scum is Terrorist scum!
That was in response to "It is simple, India can interfere in Pakistan and in Sri lanka, while they cant."

I didnt you did by, comparing Indian Internal problems for which Indian Army are actors with that of China and Pakistan.
You did not understand my post. India's interference in SL can and sure would be cashed by Pakistan & China as their legitimate involvement in Kashmir and Nagaland. That's what I meant. I hope it is clear now.

Phenom

^^

Strategy and Geo-politics is not an excuse in aiding mass murder of your own people. If India considers Indian Tamils as Indians then SL Tamils should be considered part of the same group. Just because they ended up on the wrong side of the border doesn't mean that the SL Tamils should be left to die, its not only immoral but its an act against the Tamil people including the Indian Tamils.

IMHO, the whole Chinese angle is just a bogey man which is used to serve the purpose of both the SL and Indian govt. SL uses the Chinese angle to tell their people that they have check-mated India, India uses the Chinese angle to justify the aid they have provided SL. If India really wants, no amount of Chinese help could save Lanka, forget military even economically India has the power to crush Lanka, but the govt has chosen to support the SriLankans than oppose them.

Remember this is the same government that raises a hue and cry every time there is some incident in Palestine, just because they are Muslims, but the same government doesn't seem to care about mass murder just south of the border

Adux

Country flag
Human rights violations are done by each and every state machinery in almost every country. When there is a civil war, that toll and level of violations rise manifold. Sad but true.

That said, India should respect the sovereignty of SL, and if needed ask for a UN probe, and not interfere directly, which I do not see happening anyway.
You still havent seen the video have you? UN is for silly little countries, not for us.

Adux

Country flag
That was in response to "It is simple, India can interfere in Pakistan and in Sri lanka, while they cant."

You did not understand my post. India's interference in SL can and sure would be cashed by Pakistan & China as their legitimate involvement in Kashmir and Nagaland. That's what I meant. I hope it is clear now.

The difference is, and I hope GoI does too, I dont see Pakistan or Sri Lanka Bangladesh as our equals, We will interfere at our own will and they will toe our line. Simple. That is how strong countries behave, that is how China behaves, that is how USA behaves.

Param

There is no need for a stupid UN probe. Afterall this is about a people who have nobody to stand up for them. It will have almost no impact.Most of them are dead and the rest are half dead.

Imagine our relationship with Pakistan if we had respected their "sovereignity" in 1971!

Oracle

You still havent seen the video have you? UN is for silly little countries, not for us.
What makes you ask that question over and over? Just because I have a different POV? :pound:

Adux

Country flag
^^

Strategy and Geo-politics is not an excuse in aiding mass murder of your own people. If India considers Indian Tamils as Indians then SL Tamils should be considered part of the same group. Just because they ended up on the wrong side of the border doesn't mean that the SL Tamils should be left to die, its not only immoral but its an act against the Tamil people including the Indian Tamils.

IMHO, the whole Chinese angle is just a bogey man which is used to serve the purpose of both the SL and Indian govt. SL uses the Chinese angle to tell their people that they have check-mated India, India uses the Chinese angle to justify the aid they have provided SL. If India really wants, no amount of Chinese help could save Lanka, forget military even economically India has the power to crush Lanka, but the govt has chosen to support the SriLankans than oppose them.

Remember this is the same government that raises a hue and cry every time there is some incident in Palestine, just because they are Muslims, but the same government doesn't seem to care about mass murder just south of the border
Brilliant Post!..........

Adux

Country flag
What makes you ask that question over and over? Just because I have a different POV? :pound:
Because you wont say it if you have, it is that inhuman. I have seen some gore in my life, nothing has made me so angry as that.

Param

^^

Bang on Target!
Haha Palestine that is thousands of miles away gets more attention of the bleeding hearts.

Oracle

The difference is, and I hope GoI does too, I dont see Pakistan or Sri Lanka Bangladesh as our equals, We will interfere at our own will and they will toe our line. Simple. That is how strong countries behave, that is how China behaves, that is how USA behaves.
US behaving that way is okay, but China? India is far away from being a regional policeman.

By We you mean GoI. Not by any slim chance, GoI will not interfere militarily. It would have done so by now, in that case.

Oracle

Because you wont say it if you have, it is that inhuman. I have seen some gore in my life, nothing has made me so angry as that.
It is sad and very unprofessional of an Army, but I think I will hold on to my POV.

Country flag

It has been cashed Chinese have a port in Sri Lanka and Pak and China helped commit the genocide and India was sidelined. India at the bare minimum should have done air lifts or sent boats to pick up civilians and DEMANDED safety of tamil civilians.

Oracle

It has been cashed Chinese have a port in Sri Lanka and Pak and China helped commit the genocide and India was sidelined. India at the bare minimum should have done air lifts or sent boats to pick up civilians and DEMANDED safety of tamil civilians.
Well, the SLankans did come to India first. GoI decided against military assistance, but intel.

If India interferes in SL, after all that has been done, India will definitely kick SL into the China camp permanently. Not in our interest, and not our citizens.

I'd also be surprised if India did not arm the SL Army covertly, given the fact that R&AW does not even have a website.

LF, I am sure GoI demanded safety of civilians. But the point to note is that, terrorists use civilians as human shields.

Last edited:
Country flag
How India helped Sri Lanka to kill 40,000 Tamil Civilians � UKTamilNews.com

How India helped Sri Lanka to kill 40,000 Tamil Civilians

How India helped Sri Lanka to kill 40,000 Tamil Civilians

In the final stages of the war with the LTTE, New Delhi played all sides but discouraged international attempts to halt the operations.

If Sri Lanka did not implement the "13th Amendment Plus" devolution plan quickly, a new terrorist movement could quickly fill the vacuum left by the LTTE's defeat.

Sri Lankan government announced heavy-calibre weapons would no longer be used.
India played a key role in warding off international pressure on Sri Lanka to halt military operations and hold talks with the LTTE in the dramatic final days and weeks of the war in 2009, confidential U.S. Embassy cables accessed by The Hindu through WikiLeaks showed. In the closing stages of the war, New Delhi played all sides, always sharing the concern of the international community over the humanitarian situation and alleged civilian casualties in the Sri Lankan military campaign, but discouraging any move by the West to halt the operations.

President Rajapaksa believed this was his moment in history, i.e., a chance to bring peace to the island for good, but that the Sri Lankan Army was an obstacle, having been emboldened by its victory over the LTTE." They told Mr. Browne that if Sri Lanka did not implement the "13th Amendment Plus" devolution plan quickly, a new terrorist movement could quickly fill the vacuum left by the LTTE's defeat"¦"¦"¦"¦.

Young Tamils in Mannar and Jaffna still live in fear
In the northern districts of Sri Lanka there are no clashes between the two ethnic communities, but disappearances and suspicious deaths concern the population.

The government provides alternative accommodation to IDPs, but denies resettlement in their native villages.
"If the conflict really is over as described by the government – they continue – why are they still inspecting some areas, breaking into the homes of Tamil without notice and without giving any explanation?"

Lack of an effective program of assistance for war widows and their children. "Daily charity – says one young boy – can not be a solution."

Negombo – Young Tamils living in Sri Lanka north-western districts (Mannar and Jaffna in particular), children of the thirty-year conflict that ended in 2009, say they feel like a minority and live in fear. Despite President Mahinda Rajapaksa's continual proclamations that all citizens are equal in those areas and are treated equally by the government. "There are no clashes between Tamil and Sinhalese," say some young people speaking at a Leadership Training Programme held in Negombo in the past days. "But we do not feel the freedom spoken of by the government. We do not feel we belong to a free nation. And there are still many incidents of murders and disappearances that make us live in suspicion and fear. " "¦"¦"¦"¦"¦"¦"¦"¦.. READ MORE

'Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam' (TGTE) will bring Peace at global level!
Majority Tamils did NOT dislike LTTE. Those who like them very much – formed organizations such as Australian Tamil Congress (ATC) and Associations such TGTE. Many of us – value the parts we liked in LTTE and use our overwhelming 'rights' to balance their 'wrongs' at global level. At local level – we DO NOT JUDGE our own people. LTTE are our own people. Some are already in governance in Sri Lanka.

Mr. Gunasekera says 'I am annexing a copy of an Identity Card issued by this Transnational Government of Sri Lanka to a female named Parameswary Shanmugasundaram apparently residing in the USA based on the identity card number prefixed by the letters USA and bearing numbers 000 002 1619A.' Transnational Government of Sri Lanka! Ops! – fault of the brain?. This is like any other ID card including within Professional Associations. Transnational groups when worked appropriately will bring-about Peace at global level – where Governments practice colonization at the country level. That is their karma"¦"¦"¦"¦"¦

Country flag
Well, the SLankans did come to India first. GoI decided against military assistance, but intel.

If India interferes in SL, after all that has been done, India will definitely kick SL into the China camp permanently. Not in our interest, and not our citizens.

I'd also be surprised if India did not arm the SL Army covertly, given the fact that R&AW does not even have a website.

LF, I am sure GoI demanded safety of civilians. But the point to note is that, terrorists use civilians as human shields.
If every small fry uses the Chinese threat angle India will sit quiet? Logistically Chinese have little capability to do anything in Sri Lanka thousand of miles away, if they want to use the Chinese threat use the nuclear threat you bring chinese in we nuke you into the ocean.

Adux

Country flag
India was far more assertive in our past, than we are today! Kao must be turning in his grave.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles