Sri Lanka will Not Abide By UNHRC Resolution

Adux

Country flag
As long as Diego Garcia is there in Indian Ocean, frankly there is need to worry about Sinhalas getting big for their boots, irrespective of whether the Indian govt wakes up from its slumber or not.
Karthick,

Yesterday it was Sri Lanka being emboldened by the Chinese, today it is the United States. Guess, who moved the resolution against the Sri Lankans in UN, guess who advised India to join in?

Ofcourse that wouldn't show us in good light....one of the world's most powerful military machine depending on US to deal with a puny thing... but when have we ever cared about it ? :)
You told about real politik? Guess what India just did that, India just made United States do its dirty work. India played real politk when it supported the tamils, India played real politik when it abandoned the tamils who killed their prime minister and citizens and supported the lankans, indians played real politik when it abandoned the lankans in the UN for the same war it supported and allowed the Sri lankans to fight. If this is not real POLITIK by Indians, Cunning at its best. I dont know what is.

Sorry, it is quite evident that it is only because of tamil issue, you are vocal about it, and you are cleverly trying to hide it under 'Indian H&D being hurt' , 'Sri Lanka will fall into US and China/Pakistan', trying to make other Indians jump into 'death lanka' bandwagon, when it is nothing geo politicial for you but ethnic. Just like we tell Indian muslims to mind their business about other muslims of the world, tamils should also take a page from that book.

MOD Edit: Corrected the errors in quote and unquote tags.

Adux

Country flag
I have an objective view....no fanboism....No invading anyone..no conquering any country... Fanboism =/= patriotism.

I will appreciate when India stands its ground in Vietnam, does real-politik in Myanmar and criticize it when it fumbles in Lanka.

I dont patronize it, thinking all is well...I want India to stand up to its tiny neighbours and show South Asia is my ground, I'm the referee here and I make the rules.

Now you can go back to judging people based on your preconceived regionalistic notions...:wave:
Please show me where in case of Vietnam, India has backed down?
Mynamar, current one is extremely effective.
Sri Lanka policy is actually brilliant. We are make other's do our dirty work.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Karthick,

Yesterday it was Sri Lanka being emboldened by the Chinese, today it is the United States. Guess, who moved the resolution against the Sri Lankans in UN, guess who advised India to join in?
Exactly why I said...we need not worry. And we also should not have any pretensions of great power when we depend on a country 10K km away to deal with a puny Himachal sized country with a military that runs on donations.

You told about real politik? Guess what India just did that, India just made United States do its dirty work. India played real politk when it supported the tamils, India played real politik when it abandoned the tamils who killed their prime minister and citizens and supported the lankans, indians played real politik when it abandoned the lankans in the UN for the same war it supported and allowed the Sri lankans to fight. If this is not real POLITIK by Indians, Cunning at its best. I dont know what is.
Except that all these circuitous roots/betrayals/human casualty could have been simply avoided by bringing democracy (american parlance) to Lanka and installing our puppet regime there to permanently contain the Lankans..ala what the Chinese doing to us with the Paks.

Sorry, it is quite evident that it is only because of tamil issue, you are vocal about it, and you are cleverly trying to hide it under 'Indian H&D being hurt' , 'Sri Lanka will fall into US and China/Pakistan', trying to make other Indians jump into 'death lanka' bandwagon, when it is nothing geo politicial for you but ethnic. Just like we tell Indian muslims to mind their business about other muslims of the world, tamils should also take a page from that book.
Ofcourse there is..I'm no robot to not have emotions...but the point is you people think my emotions lie with one one identity..it does not. Grow up and realize that...Lanka has not only played with the Lankan Tamils but also with our own fishermen for any of us to look positively at that barbaric entity.

And irrespective of your expert psychoanalysis of me, what I said is 100% correct and time will prove it...Lanka will never be an ally/friend of India and will only look to extract the maximum out of us by playing the China card with no concessions on its own part and bedding itself with China. Till now it has proved to be true and will hold so in the future...Definitely a "I-told-you-so" moment will come in the future..but I fear that will be too late.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Please show me where in case of Vietnam, India has backed down?
Mynamar, current one is extremely effective.
Sri Lanka policy is actually brilliant. We are make other's do our dirty work.
When we even stop building bunkers/roads on our own territory because of Chinese objections, what do you realistically expect me to believe will happen 2000 KM from mainland on a area claimed as disputed by China ?

India gives in to China at the border

Look all you say is believe your words when actions on grounds dont give much credence to that.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
As long as Diego Garcia is there in Indian Ocean, frankly there is need to worry about Sinhalas getting big for their boots, irrespective of whether the Indian govt wakes up from its slumber or not.

Ofcourse that wouldn't show us in good light....one of the world's most powerful military machine depending on US to deal with a puny thing... but when have we ever cared about it ? :)
If only Our politicians are 1% brave as our bellowed solders :(

But India is too powerful for SL bro dont underestimate our power, We will rise soon for all of INDIANS

Adux

Country flag
When we even stop building bunkers/roads on our own territory because of Chinese objections, what do you realistically expect me to believe will happen 2000 KM from mainland on a area claimed as disputed by China ?

India gives in to China at the border

Look all you say is believe your words when actions on grounds dont give much credence to that.
So you have now changed your stance. So its not about other countries, but India soil. There is no, absolutely no way to prove that article right or wrong. India media has been used quite effectively by the interested parties to increase tensions with China, (i prefer it that way) and China themselves have made it easier.

Adux

Country flag
Exactly why I said...we need not worry. And we also should not have any pretensions of great power when we depend on a country 10K km away to deal with a puny Himachal sized country with a military that runs on donations.
Its called Real politik, we made United States do our dirty work. 1. One we dont hold Veto power 2. China is going to veto the american-indian resolution. Guess, who is the looser here.

Except that all these circuitous roots/betrayals/human casualty could have been simply avoided by bringing democracy (american parlance) to Lanka and installing our puppet regime there to permanently contain the Lankans..ala what the Chinese doing to us with the Paks.
Sorry, not our cup of tea. We have only done such a thing in Bangladesh, not in Mynamar, not in Sri Lanka, not in Nepal. Sri Lanka tamils can dive into the ocean as far as I am concerned, its not my problem. Just because of the pressure from US and from Tamilians, China is going to have the opportunity to come and save the day for the Lankans.

Ofcourse there is..I'm no robot to not have emotions...but the point is you people think my emotions lie with one one identity..it does not. Grow up and realize that...Lanka has not only played with the Lankan Tamils but also with our own fishermen for any of us to look positively at that barbaric entity.
Your coastal Police is not worth any thing, see what happened on the Kerala coast and those fishermen killed were tamil. Also your police havent stopped LTTE support center's and arms & money movements into Sri Lanka in the guise of fishermen.
And irrespective of your expert psychoanalysis of me, what I said is 100% correct and time will prove it...Lanka will never be an ally/friend of India and will only look to extract the maximum out of us by playing the China card with no concessions on its own part and bedding itself with China. Till now it has proved to be true and will hold so in the future...Definitely a "I-told-you-so" moment will come in the future..but I fear that will be too late

What concessions are we paying, abandoning the sri lankan tamils. I am ok with that, they can have'em. I want the Chinese strategy to be built around Sri Lanka, because that will make Sri Lanka a nuke target as well as make sure that all infrastructure those chicoms make up will be napalmed in the first raid.

MOD Edit: Corrected the errors in quote and unquote tags.

KS

Bye bye DFI
So you have now changed your stance. So its not about other countries, but India soil. There is no, absolutely no way to prove that article right or wrong. India media has been used quite effectively by the interested parties to increase tensions with China, (i prefer it that way) and China themselves have made it easier.
When have i changed my stance...from day one, in this forum and elsewhere, I have been skeptical (here I'm openly skeptical since this is an Indian fora) of whether India will stand its ground in SCS resisting Chinese pressure...I said the same in other thread too and I repeat it here...I will believe and congratulate when India does stand its ground.

But asking me to believe it will stand its ground..sorry it doesn't wash with me and the link I gave gives my reasoning for that.

p.s.: - the article refers to the letter written by the Ministry of Home Affairs expressly prohibiting any construction..sure choose not to believe.

Adux

Country flag
When have i changed my stance...from day one, in this forum and elsewhere, I have been skeptical (here I'm openly skeptical since this is an Indian fora) of whether India will stand its ground in SCS resisting Chinese pressure...I said the same in other thread too and I repeat it here...I will believe and congratulate when India does stand its ground.

But asking me to believe it will stand its ground..sorry it doesn't wash with me and the link I gave gives my reasoning for that.
Nothing to believe, as of today, INDIA has NOT changed its stance. Our ships belonging ONGC along with their vietnamese counterparts are currently in South China Sea in the said territory.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Its called Real politik, we made United States do our dirty work. 1. One we dont hold Veto power 2. China is going to veto the american-indian resolution. Guess, who is the looser here.
You can call it whatever you want...according to me..we have reached to position, be it economy or military to deal with the neighbourhood sh!t ourselves. It's just that we have not become aware of that and continue to wallow in our small man syndrome.

Sorry, not our cup of tea. We have only done such a thing in Bangladesh, not in Mynamar, not in Sri Lanka, not in Nepal. Sri Lanka tamils can dive into the ocean as far as I am concerned, its not my problem. Just because of the pressure from US and from Tamilians, China is going to have the opportunity to come and save the day for the Lankans.
Believe me this resolution or India's vote did not do jack in chnaging anything in reality...just it raised a lot of din..China has already been there for quite some time, when we were dilly dallying and will continue to be there.

I suggest you read an article from business standard that was posted in the main UNHRC thread detailing CHinese invlvement in Lanka that dates back decades. It's not that China arrived one fine day as Price Charming after India voted against Lanka.

Your coastal Police is not worth any thing, see what happened on the Kerala coast and those fishermen killed were tamil. Also your police havent stopped LTTE support center's and arms & money movements into Sri Lanka in the guise of fishermen.
First part I agree but partly..Our police men are not that pro-active..but then the situation on both sides are not same..you dont have a hostile navy on your
side making it the mandate of the center...also trust me..the Kerala situation would have gone unnoticed if it wasnt for the Italian origin of the marins and the impeding UP elections...many fishermen from kerala have also been killed over the years by Lankan Navy...guess what no reactions..!

Secondly..LTTE has been dead for a good three years now..bring another excuse.

What concessions are we paying, abandoning the sri lankan tamils. I am ok with that, they can have'em. I want the Chinese strategy to be built around Sri Lanka, because that will make Sri Lanka a nuke target as well as make sure that all infrastructure those chicoms make up will be napalmed in the first raid.
This is what I called fanboism..going to nukes as the first resort...where do you think the radiation will blow once Lanka is nuked...yeah to my place and your place only.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Nothing to believe, as of today, INDIA has NOT changed its stance. Our ships belonging ONGC along with their vietnamese counterparts are currently in South China Sea in the said territory.
Well you are persisting with the same thing...Once ONGC starts drilling oil and the first barell is pumped out..you can send a "I-told-you-so" note to me.

Adux

Country flag
You can call it whatever you want...according to me..we have reached to position, be it economy or military to deal with the neighbourhood sh!t ourselves. It's just that we have not become aware of that and continue to wallow in our small man syndrome.

What you dont understand is that the world has changed, the old games cannot be played now. Intervention in Sri Lanka gives out a wrong message, Also where is the alternative in Sri Lanka, where is all inclusive front, where is the popular support in understanding of the tamil problems. So the only solution is two divide the island, that is not going to happen in this day and age. India missed the boat a long time ago. We are 40 years too late. There is a reason we didnt interfere in Maldives too.

Believe me this resolution or India's vote did not do jack in chnaging anything in reality...just it raised a lot of din..China has already been there for quite some time, when we were dilly dallying and will continue to be there.
I didnt even want to India to support or move against the UN resoultion backed by the US. We will see how China plays its card. Sri Lanka cant do jackshit.

I suggest you read an article from business standard that was posted in the main UNHRC thread detailing CHinese invlvement in Lanka that dates back decades. It's not that China arrived one fine day as Price Charming after India voted against Lanka.
So how does it matter.

First part I agree but partly..Our police men are not that pro-active..but then the situation on both sides are not same..you dont have a hostile navy on your
side making it the mandate of the center...also trust me..the Kerala situation would have gone unnoticed if it wasnt for the Italian origin of the marins and the impeding UP elections...many fishermen from kerala have also been killed over the years by Lankan Navy...guess what no reactions..!
While I may accept the fact about we dont have a hostile navy on our side, that is beyond the mandate of your police.
Sorry, you have no clue how activist and how socially aware malayali's are. We are different. The rich and politically connected cant play here beyond a point. The society will eat them alive. Its quite laughable about your insuniation about the UP elections or even the Piravom elections here which could have led to fall of the Kerala Government, Nobody is going to care about UP when the survival of the Kerala government is at stake. Kerala doesnt care. Malayali's christian community has very strong links with the Italians, that didnt stop us from arresting the italians, you kill in kerala and you are caught, doesnt even matter wether you are Rahul Gandhi. You are ----ed.

Secondly..LTTE has been dead for a good three years now..bring another excuse.
That is not the end of anything.
This is what I called fanboism..going to nukes as the first resort...where do you think the radiation will blow once Lanka is nuked...yeah to my place and your place only

You dont understand what a strategic ally of China means to Sri Lanka with respect to India. They become a target. Nobody wants to be a target of a nuclear country with enormous and overwhelming conventional superiority, especially when you are nothing of the sort. Sri Lanka might try to play India and China for better deals, but thats about it. They will never let anything anti-india to happen from their shores. Absolutely nothing. They know China is not going to save them on the advent of an Indian invasion.

Adux

Country flag
Well you are persisting with the same thing...Once ONGC starts drilling oil and the first barell is pumped out..you can send a "I-told-you-so" note to me.
I will await that note from you. Till then, it is wrong and dishonest of you to claim, an Indian retreat or even a Vietnam one.

noob101

I didnt even want to India to support or move against the UN resoultion backed by the US. We will see how China plays its card. Sri Lanka cant do jackshit.

You dont understand what a strategic ally of China means to Sri Lanka with respect to India. They become a target. Nobody wants to be a target of a nuclear country with enormous and overwhelming conventional superiority, especially when you are nothing of the sort. Sri Lanka might try to play India and China for better deals, but thats about it. They will never let anything anti-india to happen from their shores. Absolutely nothing. They know China is not going to save them on the advent of an Indian invasion.

absolutely right, SLG can do anything it wants to the Tamil minority in SL and the Congress party will not care, but this can change if SLG does something to damage national security, so I don't imagine SLG doing anything to damage relations with India. Policy makers and planners in SLG know that India not China is the key to its future.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
why didn't srilanka tamils groups under some party vote for it for 90% and then fight it with democracy against current president. involving another country or UN resolutions hardly work this days. some country would veto it in security council.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I will await that note from you. Till then, it is wrong and dishonest of you to claim, an Indian retreat or even a Vietnam one.
Well I'm not the one advocating status-quo has been changed and that India has grown the cojones to take on the CHinese, in their own backyard. So the stamp charge is on you.

KS

Bye bye DFI
why didn't srilanka tamils groups under some party vote for it for 90% and then fight it with democracy against current president. involving another country or UN resolutions hardly work this days. some country would veto it in security council.
You cant do much with democracy when one party doesn't respect democracy. All that is being done is only for show and they dont have any serious intent on peaceful reconciliation.

If they had any such intent, why jump and say, no we will not commit ourselves to re-conciliation ?

Adux

Country flag
Well I'm not the one advocating status-quo has been changed and that India has grown the cojones to take on the CHinese, in their own backyard. So the stamp charge is on you.
Let's settle for a pitcher of beer. India will drill, India has not stopped surveying have they. So India is already in the process of Step 1. So we are already in their backyard. India has already disproved your notion that we are not going to do 'anything' in their backyard

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles