Sri Lanka to sell 80 percent of southern Hambantota port to Chinese firm

Flame Thrower

We have two options

1. Buy out Lanka from Chinese Loan clutches, leave the Hambantota port to Lanka to gain trust of Lanka people, buy Media of Lanka and spread fear in such a way that if China ever gives loan to Lanka then it is to impose higher interest rates and steal Hambantota

2. Make things crystal clear to Lanka and China that if we find Hambantota being used to support PLAN anyway, in future conflict with China Hambantota is our first target

First option is less likely to happen we may only hope for second one

DingDong

Country flag
:dude: No Sri Lanka on their own has right to do anything over their territory. We cant force them, we have to convince them. China is never going to attack India or US.

China had Soviet Union. Even in mid 1990s US risked an all out war with China for Taiwan. What are we going to achieve by attacking Lanka? Lankans already hate us. If we attack they will hate us even more. Not to mention the long standing guerrilla war we have to fight to permanently keep SL in our hand, further if we attack and leave SL will again invite China, this time they will sell 80% of their country. Attacking SL is no solution, not even worth discussing. last time India planned to attack SL in 1986, India could not because US was feared. Long term solution is not attacking SL. Further if SL sells the port to China it means the port becomes Chinese territory in that case we are to attack Chinese territory too, an attack on China itself.

No need to be warhawk.
Sri Lanka has this and that right just because you said so? Is that your logic?

Geopolitics is amoral, there are no natural rights India will and must take counter actions to defend herself against real or perceived threats.

India fought and repelled Chinese aggression in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. We have got sufficient resources to put a nuisance like Sri Lanka in it's place.

India22

then why Sardar Patel Captured Hadarabad ??
Because Hyderabad was part of India.

or why USA was fighting with Kuba ?? or why Russians have problem with NATO forces in it's border ?
or why China gas Problem with American forces nearby it's shores ?
Never said we wont have problem if China sets up camp there. Difference between you and me is I wish to use soft power and influence Lankan people to change their attitude. You want to use military force.

stop living in fools Paradise .
I dont live that's why I did not support invasion of Lanka. If war meant everything China would have attacked Vietnam a long ago.(Not talking about 1979 war)

do you think all this Military Buildup is just for Parade ?all these billions of Investment is just for show off ??

why the Hell India is spending 60 Billion $ if there is no risk of war ??
Modern day military spending is for show off. Did US and Russia fight? Cold War is about fighting proxy wars
and getting on each other's nerves.

no , China & Russia were always enemies until 1990 .

Lankan can hate us or Love us , it has Zero impact on India ............

but if they are giving Military base to China , it will impact India .
Problem is as I see very few Indians have real grasp of history. China and Soviet Union were friends right up to Sin0-Soviet split. Are not your 2nd and 3rd sentences contradictory? If Lankans hate us then they will allow China to have base there.

no , it will still be a Lankan territory .

we should use USA Against china .
No it will be not. Is Guantanamo still Cuban territory? Do you think if we just invade Lanka Chinese will accept any damage to their property? Dont overestimate India's strength.

India22

Sri Lanka has this and that right just because you said so? Is that your logic?

Geopolitics is amoral, there are no natural rights India will and must take counter actions to defend herself against real or perceived threats.

India fought and repelled Chinese aggression in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. We have got sufficient resources to put a nuisance like Sri Lanka in it's place.
I never said Geopolitics is full of love. Invading Lanka or arming Lankan Muslims or Tamils again this time will only create misery for both. Geopolitics is about gaining objective. Not how you conclude it. We have means of using soft power and convince Lanka to change stand. Tell me what India has gained by Arming Tamil rebels?

India22

@India22 , it is a very difficult situation for India , China is forcing a war on India and these Lankans & Pokies are helping them .................

they did this type of activities in the past and they will again do it until & unless we capture it .

this is the only Long term solution of this problem .
If Chinese are forcing war we should counter them by supporting Republican movement of Taiwan, Vietnamese navy, Mongolian troops and Japan. Not by invading Lanka. Entire Indian policy was messed up and you are to do the same mistake. If Chinese are to own Lanka to get their due money India should wait, let SL people fume and then offer SL government alternate ways to get rid off Chinese.

DingDong

Country flag

Never said we wont have problem if China sets up camp there. Difference between you and me is I wish to use soft power and influence Lankan people to change their attitude. You want to use military force.

I dont live that's why I did not support invasion of Lanka. If war meant everything China would have attacked Vietnam a long ago.(Not talking about 1979 war)

Modern day military spending is for show off. Did US and Russia fight? Cold War is about fighting proxy wars
and getting on each other's nerves.

Problem is as I see very few Indians have real grasp of history. China and Soviet Union were friends right up to Sin0-Soviet split. Are not your 2nd and 3rd sentences contradictory? If Lankans hate us then they will allow China to have base there.

No it will be not. Is Guantanamo still Cuban territory? Do you think if we just invade Lanka Chinese will accept any damage to their property? Dont overestimate India's strength.
Sovereignty is taken and enforced, it is not granted/given. Hyderabad isn't a part of India just because of your nauseating posts dripping with Morality. Hyderabad is a part of India because we took it and hold on to it. No razakar worth his/her salt can claim it back.

Yes, US and USSR did fight, directly and indirectly. USSR lost in Afghanistan and ultimately lost large part of it's territories and economy. The only reason Russia was spared US' wrath because of it's nuclear stockpile.

Modern Day military spendings are to maintain sufficient deterrent against the agressors.

India pushed SL into decades of Civil War the last time SL tried to get US set a naval base. If SL allows a base to China, India will take direct action and SL will burn.

Your moral lectures and lack of support are inconsequential. Keep flying your peace doves.

India22

Sovereignty is taken and enforced, it is not granted/given. Hyderabad isn't a part of India just because of your nauseating posts dripping with Morality. Hyderabad is a part of India because we took it and hold on to it. No razakar worth his/her salt can claim it back.
Hyderabad was part of India because Hyderabad was part of Indian civilization. There Hindu people lived. Historically it was, it is and it will be.

Yes, US and USSR did fight, directly and indirectly. USSR lost in Afghanistan and ultimately lost large part of it's territories and economy. The only reason USSR was spared US' wrath because of it's nuclear stockpile.
US and USSR did not fight directly. Using proxies dont count. USSR had more nuclear bombs than US ever had.

Modern Day military spendings are to maintain sufficient deterrent against the agressors.
First then tell Govt. to use it against Pakis.

India pushed SL into decades of Civil War the last time SL tried to get US set a naval base. If SL allows a base to China, India will take direct action and SL will burn.

Your moral lectures and support are inconsequential. Keep flying your peace doves.
And tell me what we gained from it. We lost 1200 soldiers, Rajiv Gandhi and many others to it. Geopolitics is not about madly using power, it s about achieving objective. Use of soft power to gain objective is very much included as use of hard power is. Indian hard power against SL only failed.

airtel

Country flag
at that Time Hyderabad was not Part of India , another example Goa .

historically lanka was also a part of India .

yes , we should use military force just Like Goa & Hyderabad .

2nd option , we should buy Hambantota.

they will attack on Taiwan , Vietnam & may be korea & japan too .

Modern day military spending is for show off..
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Problem is as I see very few Indians have real grasp of history. China and Soviet Union were friends right up to Sin0-Soviet split..
no , read History again
Do you think if we just invade Lanka Chinese will accept any damage to their property? Dont overestimate India's strength.

we should care about feelings of Lankans ?? the people who are helping our Enemies ?? we should treat them like enemy , if they are Giving naval base to Lanka .

If Lankans hate us then they will allow China to have base there. .

DingDong

Country flag
Hyderabad was part of India because Hyderabad was part of Indian civilization. There Hindu people lived. Historically it was, it is and it will be.

US and USSR did not fight directly. Using proxies dont count. USSR had more nuclear bombs than US ever had.

First then tell Govt. to use it against Pakis.

And tell me what we gained from it. We lost 1200 soldiers, Rajiv Gandhi and many others to it. Geopolitics is not about madly using power, it s about achieving objective. Use of soft power to gain objective is very much included as use of hard power is. Indian hard power against SL only failed.
We denied the US another naval base in the Indian Ocean so close to us, we gained a lot by direct intervention in SL.

Using your logic, Tibet was also a part of Indian civilization and so was Afghanistan. Go bore the PLA and Afghans soldiers to death with your Soft Power and claim those territories back. I am waiting.

India22

at that Time Hyderabad was not Part of India , another example Goa .
Do you know India and Indian Civilization are same? We inherit the areas where Indian civilization existed. Hyderabad and Goa were such.

yes , we should use military force just Like Goa & Hyderabad .

2nd option , we should buy Humbantota .
I was talking about like 2nd Option.

they will attack Vietnam .
They wont.

no , read History again
No you read history again, look how China and Soviet Union supported North Korea in Korean War, look how Soviet pilots trained Chinese pilots, look how Soviet pilots operated from Chinese territory, look how Soviets gave China enormous help.

we should care about feelings of Lankans ?? the people who are helping our Enemies ?? we should treat them like enemy , if they are Giving naval base to Lanka .

Then prepare to have Chinese missile sites targeting India and treaty by which China will defend Sri Lanka from external attack.

DingDong

Country flag
Then prepare to have Chinese missile sites targeting India and treaty by which China will defend Sri Lanka from external attack.
We are shivering.............................................:pound:

@airtel Please don't shoot the peace doves.

India22

We denied the US another naval base in the Indian Ocean so close to us, we gained a lot by direct intervention in SL.
So will you be happy if US now sets up naval base there? India did not deny. US had already base in Diego Gersia.

Using your logic, Tibet was also a part of Indian civilization and so was Afghanistan. Go bore the PLA and Afghans soldiers to death with your Soft Power and claim those territories back. I am waiting.
:facepalm: Tibet never was, Afghanistan was not, for most part. You learned nothing from LTTE debacle. 1200 Indian soldiers died because of Government's foolish attempts.

airtel

Country flag
Do you know India and Indian Civilization are same? We inherit the areas where Indian civilization existed.

Lanka is also a part of Indian civilization just like Goa & Hyderabad .

They wont.
they will attack on Taiwan.around 2020

www.reuters.com/article/us-taiwan-china-idUSBRE99809020131009
No you read history again, look how China and Soviet Union supported North Korea in Korean War, look how Soviet pilots trained Chinese pilots, look how Soviet pilots operated from Chinese territory, look how Soviets gave China enormous help.
if you red History again then read about Afghanistan war .

there are already Chinese & Paki missiles targeting India & there is no treaty between Lanka & China ...........

China will never fight for Lanka .......just Like USA will not fight for Taiwan ............

India22

Lanka is also a part of Indian civilization just like Goa & Hyderabad .
No Lanka is not. No Indian text considers Lanak to be within Bharat.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-taiwan-china-idUSBRE99809020131009

:facepalm::lawl:

if you red History again then read about Afghanistan war .
That is after Sino-Soviet split.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_split

there are already Chinese & Paki missiles targeting India & there is no treaty between Lanka & China ...........

China will never fight for Lanka .......just Like USA will not fight for Taiwan ............
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Taiwan_Strait_Crisis

DingDong

Country flag
So will you be happy if US now sets up naval base there? India did not deny. US had already base in Diego Gersia.

:facepalm: Tibet never was, Afghanistan was not, for most part. You learned nothing from LTTE debacle. 1200 Indian soldiers died because of Government's foolish attempts.
Since you said so, it must be infallible truth. Please continue.

airtel

Country flag
Some one kindly please tell what India gained from supporting LTTE. US did not intend to have base in Trincomalee.

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=CEYsAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA48&dq=US+Trincomalee&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf7qfRn4fRAhWHK48KHazVBXIQ6AEIJjAC#v=onepage&q=US Trincomalee&f=false

Read this.

yes USA wanted a NAVAL base in Lanka .

No Lanka is not. No Indian text considers Lanak to be within Bharat.

You should read more books ..................also we dont care about history , we care about present & future , Chinese base in Lanka is not Good for India .

USA will not send it's army to fight with china .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles