Sri Lanka court extends remand of 65 TNadu fishermen till August 28

Kito

Re: Sri Lanka court extends remand of 65 TNadu fishermen till August 2

Thieves? every time there is an aggression by your army we know what you do steal fishing net boat engine and even petrol and other little valuables that those poor fisherman has, If you're so perfect educated, Law binding, Respected army can do this why cant a poor uneducated fisherman steal the fish for the ocean for a respectable living? Everyone can now see who the thieves here are.

Also what is your water and our water is a dispute, We provided you Kachathevu as a friendly gesture which is the highest fish growth area and the area used by fisherman to rest and make their fishing net ready for next move now you dont allow us in that area expect for 1 day during Mother Mary Church festival not sure till when you guys going to demolish that church as you do for other place of worship in your real land.
And even last year you arrested close to 70 persons including womens saying the licence for the boat they came to church is expired as if they bought nukes in with them.
Don't make silly excuses in here. Those thieves get arrested coz they are entering in to SL waters.

There is no dispute border issue between SL and India.

We take action when we find wrong not just because you think fishing fish by fisherman is a crime in disputed area why is that your fisherman also not come and fish in these area ? Hooo ya when was the last time you guys did hard job for living ?

And if we deploy Indian navy or CG in that are as you suggest you must be warned, They won't be watching their fellow country man getting killed by respect less army of yours so called cute a$$ navy will be fu(k3d so don't wish for such thing unless you really want to watch you're a$$ w00p3d.
But keep on harassing our poor fisherman and your wish will be coming soon when our central congress politician get their spine straight.
I don't like to discuss issues with this type of person though I have to say, someone does not become "Mr" by just adding it in front of their name. I do can respond the way using much better words but I do not want to go that level. It's not my type! Cheers! :p

No Law apply in your land where was your law when lakhs of civilians was butchered and raped ?

It's not long before you regret your actions wait and see.
It is funny someone from a country which is famous for above activities these days on media talk like this. lol

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

Don't make silly excuses in here. Those thieves get arrested coz they are entering in to SL waters.

There is no dispute border issue between SL and India.
Traditionally, the island was frequented by Indian fishermen, who used it as a staging post to dry their nets and their catch. Kachchatheevu was part of the zamindari of Raja of Ramnad; when zamindari was abolished it became a part of Madras Presidency.
India, Sri Lanka and the Kachchatheevu Crisis: A Fact Sheet and Possible Solutions by Prof. V. Suryanarayan

Indian fisherman are not allowed for fishing around the island .Their main source of income is from fishing . More than 30,000 people living around Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi .
MyThoughtsonIAS: Diplomacy - Kachchatheevu Historical Dispute

I don't like to discuss issues with this type of person though I have to say, someone does not become "Mr" by just adding it in front of their name. I do can respond the way using much better words but I do not want to go that level. It's not my type! Cheers! :p
I did not ask you to come to any level because your action speaks more than whatever you are going to post here.Ya you can always run away from fact and truth why dont you so sane person take the path of sane words to describe your stand ?

Any how sorry for using harsh words against insane people like you sorry :confused:

It is funny someone from a country which is famous for above activities these days on media talk like this. lol
What are you talking about some ISI sponsored human rights NGO crying in media now and then about our Army using extensive force in J&K ? If so all i can say is you are wrong.

Or the recent Rape case of mumbai or delhi?

For your info all insane people have been arrested and has been convicted under our LAW and COURT.

Now where is Fonseka or Rajapaksa gang ? Or leave the big fish did even 1 person got arrested for the lakhs of civilian killings ? So much for your LAW and COURT talks.
Bye bye

HeinzGud

Country flag

Traditionally, the island was frequented by Indian fishermen, who used it as a staging post to dry their nets and their catch. Kachchatheevu was part of the zamindari of Raja of Ramnad; when zamindari was abolished it became a part of Madras Presidency.
India, Sri Lanka and the Kachchatheevu Crisis: A Fact Sheet and Possible Solutions by Prof. V. Suryanarayan

Indian fisherman are not allowed for fishing around the island .Their main source of income is from fishing . More than 30,000 people living around Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi .
The Issue is not around Katchchathivu but alla round Jaffna peninsula. Does the Jaffna peninsula also belong to Tamil nadu? In fact the IMBL runs 1 miles further away from Katchchethivu and Indian fisherman has no right to fish around Katchchethivu because as you said the agreement is only for drying there fish and catch only.

As for the 30,000 people, it is not Sri Lanka's responsibility to give job opportunities to Indian people India should do that.

What are you talking about some ISI sponsored human rights NGO crying in media now and then about our Army using extensive force in J&K ? If so all i can say is you are wrong.
In Sri Lanka it is US backed NGOs crying foul over SL Army and you are wrong about the genocide issue. :p

The funny thing is when in Kashmir NGOs are bad but in Sri Lanka NGOs are good. Hypocritical logic.

Now where is Fonseka or Rajapaksa gang ? Or leave the big fish did even 1 person got arrested for the lakhs of civilian killings ? So much for your LAW and COURT talks.
Bye bye
Where are the evidence for point out SL army killed Tamils? All those civilians died because LTTE held them for LTTE's own safety and shot them at the end when they are escaping.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

The Issue is not around Katchchathivu but alla round Jaffna peninsula. Does the Jaffna peninsula also belong to Tamil nadu? In fact the IMBL runs 1 miles further away from Katchchethivu and Indian fisherman has no right to fish around Katchchethivu because as you said the agreement is only for drying there fish and catch only.

As for the 30,000 people, it is not Sri Lanka's responsibility to give job opportunities to Indian people India should do that.
Nothing belongs to TamilNadu. TamilNadu belongs to INDIA and we are Indians Katchethivu belongs to INDIA.

Fishing is done by both country in these area for well over century just because of civil war you guys started acting crazy after 1982 before that there was no issue on both side [Note the border was drawn 6yrs before on 1974 the problem of fishing started after 1982 ] and you stooped fishing when our people still continue which you dont want, Beware we still allow your fishermen in many parts of our water including SEZ it's competitiveness at end of the day which determines who catches the great share. Just because you dont want to take risk fishing in deep water or your govt fear for untold reasons even after when you say civil war is over and LTTE is death.

We never asked you to give job they are already trying to do their JOB fishing and live a life rather some anti social activities.

In Sri Lanka it is US backed NGOs crying foul over SL Army and you are wrong about the genocide issue. :p

The funny thing is when in Kashmir NGOs are bad but in Sri Lanka NGOs are good. Hypocritical logic.
So all the world UN NGO's are against you and you are the light of truth please see below for your evidence. But any how thats another topic if at all why do i care if you are killing Srilankan Tamil or not ?? You can kill any one as you wish untill they are Srilankan people i dont care a $h1t

All we are asking is why are you killing Indian fisherman ?

Where are the evidence for point out SL army killed Tamils? All those civilians died because LTTE held them for LTTE's own safety and shot them at the end when they are escaping.
No Fire Zone - Massacre by Sri Lankan Army 10th May 2009 part 1 - YouTube

Tamil civilians slaughtered as army shells 'no-fire zone' | World news | The Observer

I can quote 100 of other sources but i wont as it dont make a difference to you even when there is bell in your neck you will ask where is the bell.

*And at end of the day they are just fishing where no other comes to fish expect to your army coming to kill/arrest whats the problem god.

Kito

I did not ask you to come to any level because your action speaks more than whatever you are going to post here.Ya you can always run away from fact and truth why dont you so sane person take the path of sane words to describe your stand ?

Any how sorry for using harsh words against insane people like you sorry :confused:

Or the recent Rape case of mumbai or delhi?

For your info all insane people have been arrested and has been convicted under our LAW and COURT.

Bye bye
There isn't any dispute about this island now. India has singed 2 agreements with Sri Lanka. Indians have to respect to international maritime border line and should not enter Sri Lankan waters!

I don't think I need to comment about that, everyone knows the difference of India and Sri Lanka.

lakhs of civilian killings ? lol dude. your knowledge about Sri Lanka and population density of those areas is zero!

I think your LAW and COURT forgotten something then. how many Indian army men got arrested of killings in Sri Lanka? Simple Google search will help you to know about those incidents.

HeinzGud

Country flag

Nothing belongs to TamilNadu. TamilNadu belongs to INDIA and we are Indians Katchethivu belongs to INDIA.
Lol however Katchethivu is located inside the Sri Lankan waters. Respect the IMBL.

Fishing is done by both country in these area for well over century just because of civil war you guys started acting crazy after 1982 before that there was no issue on both side [Note the border was drawn 6yrs before on 1974 the problem of fishing started after 1982 ] and you stooped fishing when our people still continue which you dont want, Beware we still allow your fishermen in many parts of our water including SEZ it's competitiveness at end of the day which determines who catches the great share.
Well wrong is wrong when it happened. And one cannot continue the wrongdoing just because he did it several years ago. TN fisherman should know where is there country ends and should not eye some one else things.

Beside the TN fisheman are ruining the lives of Tamil fisherman in the North. Your people can cry foul over SL army killings but don't you think of the same Tamils who are robbed in broad day light. Hypocrite Tamils in TN.

So all the world UN NGO's are against you and you are the light of truth please see below for your evidence. But any how thats another topic if at all why do i care if you are killing Srilankan Tamil or not ?? You can kill any one as you wish untill they are Srilankan people i dont care a $h1t
So all are now UN NGO's in Sri Lanka. What a logic. And UN is really unbiased organization. The funny part is Tamils think UN is actually favoring them. LOL

All we are asking is why are you killing Indian fisherman ?

No Fire Zone - Massacre by Sri Lankan Army 10th May 2009 part 1 - YouTube

Tamil civilians slaughtered as army shells 'no-fire zone' | World news | The Observer

I can quote 100 of other sources but i wont as it dont make a difference to you even when there is bell in your neck you will ask where is the bell.
Then why cry foul over someone else matters. Go take care of your own countries matters.

*And at end of the day they are just fishing where no other comes to fish expect to your army coming to kill/arrest whats the problem god.
No one can fish in our waters. You make yourself look funny.

prakashbioc

Our navy isn't carrying stones n funny stuff. They have cute weapons fitted in their boats. According to SL law they have permission to shoot.

Our fishermen reported several times to media, they were attacked by stones. we're really impressed with SL navy's combat skills. May be they belong to 'special forces' :lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Indian law does not apply in our waters. Use your cute weapons in your waters!
when SL Navy transgress, are they aware that it is Indian laws that apply?

HeinzGud

Country flag

Our fishermen reported several times to media, they were attacked by stones. we're really impressed with SL navy's combat skills. May be they belong to 'special forces' :lol:
Maybe the stones were pelted from boats of local Tamil brethren in Jaffna.

Kito

when SL Navy transgress, are they aware that it is Indian laws that apply?
lol really?

Kito

Here we go again, another gang of TN thieves got arrested yesterday by SL Navy.

SL NAVY ARRESTS 35 INDIAN FISHERMEN FISHING IN KALPITIYA SEAS

The Navy arrested 35 Indian fishermen who had violated maritime boundary laws and were caught fishing in the Kalpitiya seas.

The Navy also seized the four vessels that the fishermen had been in, Navy Media Spokesman Commander Kosala Warnakulasuriya stated.

The arrest was made last night (August 25) while the suspects are being brought to the shore.

Navy arrests 35 Indian fishermen fishing in Kalpitiya seas

Kito

So, you feel SL laws apply in Indian waters?
No one in SL really care about Indian waters and their laws as long as they stay in those waters. You have full freedom to apply what ever laws to your own waters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

No one in SL really care about Indian waters and their laws as long as they stay in those waters. You have full freedom to apply what ever laws to your own waters.

India is a tolerant nation.

It overlooks SL's transgression.

Kito

India is a tolerant nation.

It overlooks SL's transgression.
What's your point here? SL Navy isn't roaming in other waters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What's your point here? SL Navy isn't roaming in other waters.
Can one exactly know in the open seas as to the exact demarcation of the waters?

HeinzGud

Country flag

Can one exactly know in the open seas as to the exact demarcation of the waters?
Wow what a comment.

Today in the modern world there is a device called GPS which guides the fisherman in the world's oceans. This little device called GPS do not cost millions.

Moreover if the Tamilnadu fisherman cannot afford one for whatever reasons they can at least bow down to the demands of their own coast guards but as I have mentioned in the earlier thread which they do not. Also it is highly unlikely that those fisherman do not know how to read maps and calculate the distance from the Indian shores to their fishing locations especially in the shorter water ways like the strait of Palk.

Therefore it is highly unreasonable to claim that the fisherman are innocent because they do not know or recognize the IMBL because in legal practice not knowing the law is not an excuse.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Wow what a comment.

Today in the modern world there is a device called GPS which guides the fisherman in the world's oceans. This little device called GPS do not cost millions.

Moreover if the Tamilnadu fisherman cannot afford one for whatever reasons they can at least bow down to the demands of their own coast guards but as I have mentioned in the earlier thread which they do not. Also it is highly unlikely that those fisherman do not know how to read maps and calculate the distance from the Indian shores to their fishing locations especially in the shorter water ways like the strait of Palk.

Therefore it is highly unreasonable to claim that the fisherman are innocent because they do not know or recognize the IMBL because in legal practice not knowing the law is not an excuse.
That way, since you do not know, a sextant was what a GPS does.

However, GPS receivers give warfighters the option to output elevations and coordinates on many grids and datums, including WGS 84. Just because they are "coordinates from GPS," however, do not assume they necessarily meet the HIGHEST GPS accuracy. Understanding the health of the GPS satellite constellation, and whether you are receiving the encrypted signal affects the accuracy of the positional readout.

Even though you could estimate the latitude and longitude from your apparent position on the paper chart, the result may differ from the numbers found independently from GPS. Successful navigation with GPS requires that navigation and bathymetric features and landmarks on the chart be registered in the same geospatial reference frame as that used by the GPS and this raises the issue of datums. Therefore if you navigate using GPS and your paper chart is on a different datum, you have a potential disaster on your hands.

It is not that easy as you think it is!

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag

That way, since you do not know, a sextant was what a GPS does.

However, GPS receivers give warfighters the option to output elevations and coordinates on many grids and datums, including WGS 84. Just because they are "coordinates from GPS," however, do not assume they necessarily meet the HIGHEST GPS accuracy. Understanding the health of the GPS satellite constellation, and whether you are receiving the encrypted signal affects the accuracy of the positional readout.

Even though you could estimate the latitude and longitude from your apparent position on the paper chart, the result may differ from the numbers found independently from GPS. Successful navigation with GPS requires that navigation and bathymetric features and landmarks on the chart be registered in the same geospatial reference frame as that used by the GPS and this raises the issue of datums. Therefore if you navigate using GPS and your paper chart is on a different datum, you have a potential disaster on your hands.

It is not that easy as you think it is!
It does not necessitate that those fisherman can violate IMBL. If Indian fisherman do not know there limits it is India's duty to educate them that, otherwise letting those fisherman committing the same crime over and over again and blaming Sri Lankan authorities for doing their job correctly.

India has clearly shown her incapability here to at least restrain their own country man from committing crime but instead she is trying to give justice to her neighboring countries. What a joke.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles