Sri Lanka, BJP and AIADMK

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even Modi knows whose right and whose wrong.
But he is not the type to take things lying down.

Even Cuba threatened US. So why India is any exception. Sri Lanka currently is in no mood to antagonize India. But if India pushed us to the limit, we will antagonize. We too have muscles and we too can hurt India which I believe we wouldn't have to do.
Yes, compare your muscle with Indian muscle.

The horror that secured the living right of 200,000 + Tamils and 16,000 LTTE fighters. Well if that is horror then what can we say about the Anti Sihk violence in 1982?
Yes there were not only the anti Sikh riots and many other riots too.

But was the air force, artillery, armour, other military used?

Your allegory is as similar as chalk is to cheese.

amoy

I don't think SL ever imagines opening a "front" against India. Geography is there. Her priority lies in reconstruction, development and a "harmonious society" (in Chinese words).

Chinese interest is to secure the sea lane, as served by the string of pearls. Besides another goal is to make effective use of huge foreign reserves. Rather than incrementing in US T bonds investing the money in foreign assets, resources and so on is more rational for a better return. A lot to learn from Japanese in overseas ventures - their life quality doesnt decline despite an aging demography and decades of stagnant economic growth.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes there were not only the anti Sikh riots and many other riots too.

But was the air force, artillery, armour, other military used?

Your allegory is as similar as chalk is to cheese.
Did Sihks used air force, artillery, armour or navy?

ladder

Country flag
Few terrorist did bomb a aircraft over sea though..............

Also tried to announce secession from India and form 'Khalistan'

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Few terrorist did bomb a aircraft over sea though..............

Also tried to announce secession from India and form 'Khalistan'
No country faced a threat like LTTE. So why arguing our conduct in a war?

ladder

Country flag

We are aren't talking about judicious use of force but use of force on civilians with vengeance.

That doesn't take away from others their asking rights whether or not they have faced something like that or not.

Hope I have made myself amply clear.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why be ridiculous?

Tell me in any riots. insurgency, Maoist attacks any side used air force etc?

HeinzGud

Country flag
We are aren't talking about judicious use of force but use of force on civilians with vengeance.

That doesn't take away from others their asking rights whether or not they have faced something like that or not.

Hope I have made myself amply clear.
Really SLAF used civilians targets. That is hilarious.

ladder

Country flag
Really SLAF used civilians targets. That is hilarious.
Well it may be hilarious to you. And for the record we have the least care how you feel. You can have a rainbow of emotions over it, for all we care.

And don't try to put words into my mouth. I meant exactly what I wrote in my previous post.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Are you trying to compare LTTE with maoists?
No, I was just telling you that it is ridiculous to wonder if the Sikhs used artillery etc when even the Moaist who use guerillas tactics and are quasi military, don't!

Another issue that perplexes me is that if there was NO Human Rights violations and all was perfect, why shy away from the UN demand for a UN inquiry?

Last edited:

nirranj

Country flag
No other Nationalities too faced such a racist Majority in their homeland. Did you forget all those Anti Tamil riots that You racists unleashed??? Did you forget the cutting of of women breasts and displaying them as trophies?? Did you forget the burning alive of a Hindu priest, the Incident which Prabhakaran points out as the one that shaped his ideas on Tamil future? Did you forget the burning of Yazh Library? Did You forget all those atrocities you unleashed before the Tamils took up violence as their only counter measure?

HeinzGud

Country flag
No other Nationalities too faced such a racist Majority in their homeland. Did you forget all those Anti Tamil riots that You racists unleashed???
Sinhalese are no different from Indians do not forget that. What happened in Sri Lanka was a replica of India except for several issues.

Moreover every time the racism was started by Tamils not by Sinhalese. Tamils never turned to dialog, always on rampage. They got what they deserved.

Did you forget the cutting of of women breasts and displaying them as trophies??
The breast cutting was done on a Sinhalese school teacher in Eastern province. Which was a rumor only. Spread by Sinhalese people.

Did you forget the burning alive of a Hindu priest,
The burning of priest was rumored by Tamils.

the Incident which Prabhakaran points out as the one that shaped his ideas on Tamil future?
As you may see Piribhaharan was ill informed and he built his ideas on rumors. Not on facts.

Did you forget the burning of Yazh Library? Did You forget all those atrocities you unleashed before the Tamils took up violence as their only counter measure?
Library burning was a terrible thing. It had a political motive rather than an racist one.

BTW do not start with Jaffna library issue go back to the history to find what led to that.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Another issue that perplexes me is that if there was NO Human Rights violations and all was perfect, why shy away from the UN demand for a UN inquiry?
Because there is no fairness in UN inquiry. It is far more biased than a local one.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Well it may be hilarious to you. And for the record we have the least care how you feel. You can have a rainbow of emotions over it, for all we care.

And don't try to put words into my mouth. I meant exactly what I wrote in my previous post.
Is there any way I can see the record of SLAF bombing civilian targets?

ladder

Country flag
Yes. You accept what you see is correct. But that is wrong.

Only because likes of you tell it?

You can print the above post of yours at the back of your T-shirt, as your mouth will get tired telling it over and over again. As it's the whole world to whom you have to.

amoy

@HeinzGud IMHO the clash on the surface may appear as an ethnic one - Sinhalese vs. Tamils, or religious Buddhist vs. Muslim or Hindu. But deep inside it all boils down to "inadequate development" in spite of multi-dimensions. Too many vying for too scarce resources, consequently the minority complains abt not getting a fair deal, the majority grumbling their due share being eaten away, like biz/job opportunities, education, infra and so on. So the answer remains continuous development, including attracting FDI be it from Japanese or American, to enlarge the pie for distribution so that Paul won't hate Peter for eating his lunch.

Those outsiders who're seemingly over zealous abt SL "human rights" are not interested in truth but would rather tear unhealed wounds apart for their domestic political needs.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles