Sri Lanka Air Force to buy FC-1

HeinzGud

Country flag
Have read this news in Weekly news paper that SLAF is going to buy JF 17s. There is no internet source yet. But I'll update the thread later. BTW SLAF plans to buy 6 JF-17s to obviously replace the older Kafir jets. In the same time SLAF plans to buy 17 Mi-17s and 2 Bell 206 helicopters according to the Defense ministry's planned project progress report for 2013.

Cheers. :thumb:

P.S I was hoping that SLAF would buy Su-30s but JF-17s are ok for our needs. However SLAF should buy atleast 6 more to create a somewhat powerful squadron IMO. :rolleyes:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good thing.

They come cheap!

Every other aircraft worth the name cost huge stuff in cash.

They can't waste money after all, much has to be done to make up the devastation of the long civil war for SL.

Last edited:
Country flag
Anybody have any valid links for this and not the rumor in this thread?

HeinzGud

Country flag
Whoa.. that's my thread in PDF.... don't mind it.

Anybody have any valid links for this and not the rumor in this thread?
please provide a link for this wonderful article.
It seems that there is no valid link in internet. I have read it in a Sunday paper published in SL. However I will update the thread ASAP when the links are viable.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I have the Sinhalese news article...
ශ්-රී ලංකා ගුවන් හමුදාවට ඉදිරියේ දී ජේ.එෆ්. 17 වර්ගයේ සටන් ගුවන් යානා 6 ක් මිලදී ගැනීමට සැලසුම් කර ඇත. 2013 වසර සඳහා සැලසුම්ගත ව්-යාපෘති යටතේ මෙම ගුවන් යානා මිලදී ගැනීමට නියමිතය. මෙයට අමතරව එම්.අයි. 17 හෙලිකොප්ටර් 17 ක් සහ බි. 206 හෙලිකොප්ටර් 2 ක්ද මිලදී ගැනීමට සැලසුම් කර ඇති බව රාජ්-ය ආරක්ෂක හා නාගරික සංවර්ධන අමාත්-යංශයේ ප්-රගති වාර්තාවේ සඳහන් කර තිබේ.
ඉදිරි වසර සඳහා සැලසුම්ගත ව්-යාපෘති යටතේ පවතින මෙම මිලදී ගැනීම් පිළිබඳ දින වකවානු මතෛක් තීරණය කර නැත. ජේ.එෆ් 17 සටන් ගුවන් යානා හැර අනෙකුත් හෙලිකොප්ටර් ප්-රධාන වශයෙන් ගුවන් මගී ප්-රවාහන කටයුතු සඳහා යොදා ගැනීම විශේෂිතය.
ගුවන් හමුදාවට තවත් ගුවන් යානා සහ හෙලිකොප්ටර්

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I had talk with the raw bird and he said that since no one was buying that junk fighter, raw with air intell, come up with funds and convinced SLAF to buy only 6 so that we can get good look at the junk fighter.

Thanks SL. :thumb:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I had talk with the raw bird and he said that since no one was buying that junk fighter, raw with air intell, come up with funds and convinced SLAF to buy only 6 so that we can get good look at the junk fighter.

There is no way in hell will SL cooperate with RAW

HeinzGud

Country flag

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles