Spot Fixing in IPL- Sreesanth and 2 others arrested

sob

Mod
Country flag
Sreesanth, 2 more RR players arrested for spot fixing in IPL - Firstpost

Three players from the Rajasthan Royals and three bookies have been booked by the Delhi Police on charges of spot fixing in the Indian Premier League.

Fast bowler and former India player S Sreesanth, batsman Ankit Chavan and all rounder Ajit Chandilia were the three Rajasthan Royals players arrested, reported PTI.

The police has also arrested three bookies in Delhi and are on the lookout for two more, the agency reported.

Sreesanth and the two other players were nabbed in Mumbai and are being brought to Delhi, the channel added.

There were no details available on whether the three players had fixed particular matches or if they were only in touch with the bookies.

sob

Mod
Country flag
first it was the Slapgate and now the spotGate.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Great going!

IPL remains exciting even with the exit of the 'brain' Modi!

pmaitra

It has long ceased to be about cricket. It is all about money now. Everybody loves money. I recall how the Australians lamented at the loss of cricketing tradition thanks to this mixing up of players from different countries, and also the new T20 format. I guess it depends who sacrifices what for money.

sob

Mod
Country flag
It has long ceased to be about cricket. It is all about money now. Everybody loves money. I recall how the Australians lamented at the loss of cricketing tradition thanks to this mixing up of players from different countries, and also the new T20 format. I guess it depends who sacrifices what for money.
the Aussies should not complaint, the Pyjama cricket and the infamous Kerry Packer series comes to mind immediately.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay
And your O.K.

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands
And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

-Pink Floyd (Money) The Dark Side Of The Moon

Last edited by a moderator:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Looks how Yusuf Pathan Played Foot Ball in Cricket and Get out from the Strike due to Disturb of Field

Shirman

Country flag
ha ha lol Indian PAAP league i always said ban IPL now pay the price........in the same manner now i would like to see how much pakis go forward with their Pakistan Super League PSL.........

pmaitra

the Aussies should not complaint, the Pyjama cricket and the infamous Kerry Packer series comes to mind immediately.
I will have to look those things up. I still think cricket should be preserved in the Test Format.

Coalmine

Country flag
The main bookies were from saudi i.e. Daud ibrahim. Catch that bastard and we will see an end to a lot of things. Even though daud is outside. He has his long arm in cricket,bollywood,real estate etc and what not.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Not much discussion going on at this topic :hmm:

All channels are showing this nonstop.

I knew IPL would lead into this. :sad:

Shirman

Country flag
^^^^^^^^^Paki Karachi based Mob wanted a revenge for the PCB's 2009 Paki-England Lords Salman Butt Episode it seems..........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And I have a whole lot of tweets on this subject. News broke while I was on a holiday and limited net access. Took out my anger on twitter

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am amazed at the gall of Rajiv Shukla and Srinivasan by acting coy and smug.

They had been informed by the Delhi Police long back and all they did was turn the Nelson's Eye and now are acting over-smart!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Read this tweet, as reported in the newspaper:

A TOWEL CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE:
ONE MADE RANDHIR KAPOOR'S CAREER
AND ANOTHER FINISHED SREESANTH'S!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles