Special Forces around the World.

niharjhatn

To see the best, however, we don't need to look much father than home (and Nepal :D)

Gurkha who single-handedly fought off up to 30 Taliban awarded Gallantry Cross
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 9:54 AM on 25th March 2011
Comments (59)

Acting Sergeant Dipprasad Pun, 31, single-handedly fought off an attack on his base by up to 30 Taliban insurgents
A Gurkha soldier who single-handedly fought off an attack on his base by up to 30 Taliban insurgents has been awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross.
Acting Sergeant Dipprasad Pun, 31, exhausted all his ammunition and at one point had to use the tripod of his machine gun to beat away a militant climbing the walls of the compound.
The soldier fired more than 400 rounds, launched 17 grenades and detonated a mine to thwart the Taliban assault on his checkpoint near Babaji in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan.
Acting Sgt Pun was on sentry duty on the evening of September 17 last year when he heard a clinking noise outside the small base.
At first he thought it might be a donkey or a cow, but when he went to investigate he found two insurgents digging a trench to lay an improvised explosive device (IED) at the checkpoint's front gate.
He realised that he was completely surrounded and that the Taliban were about to launch a well-planned attempt to overrun the compound.
The enemy opened fire from all sides, destroying the sentry position where Acting Sgt Pun had been on duty minutes before.
Defending the base from the roof, the Gurkha remained under continuous attack from rocket-propelled grenades and AK47s for over quarter of an hour.
Most of the militants were about 50ft away from him, but at one point he turned around to see a 'huge' Taliban fighter looming over him.
Acting Sgt Pun picked up his machine gun and fired a long burst at the man until he fell off the roof.
When another insurgent tried to climb up to his position, the Gurkha attempted to shoot him with his SA80 rifle.
Gurkha who fought off Taliban awarded Gallantry Cross | Mail Online

Only confirms my impressions of Gurkhas being the baddest mofos that ever lived.

My Grandpa was in police, and he told me many a story about his Gurkha instructor. Coming from the border of Bihar/Nepal, I do see some Gurkha villages around. In some of them, the men as old as 60 are still continuing on with their hard labourers work. And then I look at my family :tsk:

bhramos

Country flag
स्पेशल फोर्स के कमांडो

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles