Soviet Union wanted India to take PoK when it was in Afghanistan, India declined

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Hindus are not a collective people. Individually they are dangerous collectively they cannot do anything if other Hindus
Are involved.
It is only so because of the leftist education. It will change in the coming years . Some % of humans are always self respect lacking , and so they will always be there. But the rest will see the world for what it is and we might actually have a govt with a back bone to take back what is ours.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Our economy was in deep shit when the Soviets were in Afghanistan. We were in no position to wage a conquest and take PoK.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Our economy was in deep shit when the Soviets were in Afghanistan. We were in no position to wage a conquest and take PoK.
Was Pakistan's economy at that time at a position to take on India? Again, this is just an excuse, a useless one at that.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Was Pakistan's economy at that time at a position to take on India? Again, this is just an excuse, a useless one at that.
Pakistan had a higher GDP per-capita than India; and they were the defending party, we were the invading one. Americans were firmly in bed with Pakis, using them to radicalize Afghans into fighting the Soviets. Attack costs higher than defense. Soviets just wanted a distraction for Pakis, they knew the Indo-Pak conflict would end up in a status-quo, but at least it would take pressure off Ruski boots on Afghan ground. They were playing us, and the people in Delhi were smart enough to see that.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
@tarunraju
Didn't altered any thing,in sickular country only bashing of hinduism is allowed even in online forums :frusty:
We're closing all new religious threads. Any more thread-crapping on that matter will earn you infractions.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Pakistan had a higher GDP per-capita than India; and they were the defending party, we were the invading one.
Pakistan's higher GDP per capita would have meant jack since it does not make any meaningful influence on their total military spending.

Americans were firmly in bed with Pakis, using them to radicalize Afghans into fighting the Soviets. Attack costs higher than defense. Soviets just wanted a distraction for Pakis, they knew the Indo-Pak conflict would end up in a status-quo, but at least it would take pressure off Ruski boots on Afghan ground.
And Indian involvement would have had full backing of the Soviets just like the american involvement in the Pak, neutralising American help to Pak. And pak would be distracted by Soviet forces on Paki borders.

We can look for excuses all day long rather than accept the fact that India at that time(and even now) is impotent

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Pakistan's higher GDP per capita would have meant jack since it does not make any meaningful influence on their total military spending.
It was India taking on Pakistan, not Pakistan taking on India. Attack is exponentially costlier than defense. Pakistan could afford that defense. We could afford 1971. We couldn't afford to "take on" Pakistan, especially not with the Americans holding Pakis as a crucial pivot against the Soviets in Afghanistan, and especially not with our economy spiraling down to shit, until the liberalization in the early 1990s.

And Indian involvement would have had full backing of the Soviets just like the american involvement in the Pak, neutralising American help to Pak. And pak would be distracted by Soviet forces on Paki borders.
No, it wouldn't. The Americans had a Naval armada in the Arabian Sea at the time, so there wouldn't be a 1971-styled Navy stalemate; and the Soviets themselves were throwing too much resources into the Afghan campaign. The terrain between CAR and PoK wasn't primed for swift Soviet ground assault, and its assets were stretched thin.

We can look for excuses all day long rather than accept the fact that India at that time(and even now is impotent)
Which is exactly my point, as of then, we really weren't potent to recover PoK. Not with our economy, not with the near-direct engagement between the Americans and the Soviets right next to us. It was a can of worms, and we saved ourselves a ton of chaos by not going into a war. We pulled our economy through to the 1990s, when the superpowers were relateively benign to South Asia, and brought in reforms that resulted in the country we have today. If we meddled with the Af-Pak-Ruski-Yankee clusterfuck back then, we'd be an Iran-like country right now (almost paraiah).

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
It was India taking on Pakistan, not Pakistan taking on India. Attack is exponentially costlier than defense. Pakistan could afford that defense. We could afford 1971. We couldn't afford to "take on" Pakistan, especially not with the Americans holding Pakis as a crucial pivot against the Soviets in Afghanistan, and especially not with our economy spiraling down to shit, until the liberalization in the early 1990s.
Again dude, don't bring in the Americans unless you bring in the Russians .

And no, taking back PoK with an Army the four times as powerful should not have been difficult. If it was, it means only one thing- incompetence.

No, it wouldn't. The Americans had a Naval armada in the Arabian Sea at the time, so there wouldn't be a 1971-styled Navy stalemate; and the Soviets themselves were throwing too much resources into the Afghan campaign. The terrain between CAR and PoK wasn't primed for swift Soviet ground assault, and its assets were stretched thin.
It wouldnt be stretched thin if India too was involved with its full might.

Besides, SU was not involved in any other naval conflicts and could have been hosted in India just like the american presence in Pak.

As I said, don't bring in USA unless you count USSR too.

Which is exactly my point, as of then, we really weren't potent to recover PoK. Not with our economy, not with the near-direct engagement between the Americans and the Soviets right next to us
So an armed forces which was four to five times as strong as Pak armed forces was incompetent to take back PoK? Looks like it gives a lot of credibility to the 1muslkm = 10 Hindus theory.

we'd be an Iran-like country right now (almost paraiah
As if we weren't a pariah then compared to Pak or China. World cares only about $$$$ and nothing else. I don't know when Indians are going to stop taking validation from west as more important than self interest:rolleyes:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Again dude, don't bring in the Americans unless you bring in the Russians .

And no, taking back PoK with an Army the four times as powerful should not have been difficult. If it was, it means only one thing- incompetence.

It wouldnt be stretched thin if India too was involved with its full might.

Besides, SU was not involved in any other naval conflicts and could have been hosted in India just like the american presence in Pak.

As I said, don't bring in USA unless you count USSR too.

So an armed forces which was four to five times as strong as Pak armed forces was incompetent to take back PoK? Looks like it gives a lot of credibility to the 1muslkm = 10 Hindus theory.

As if we weren't a pariah then compared to Pak or China. World cares only about $$$$ and nothing else. I don't know when Indians are going to stop taking validation from west as more important than self interest:rolleyes:
I am counting the USSR too, and the India-USSR combine wouldn't have worked out against the West-Pakistan combine. Unless Soviet Navy ships could fly into the Arabian sea, it just wouldn't have worked.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am counting the USSR too, and the India-USSR combine wouldn't have worked out against the West-Pakistan combine. Unless Soviet Navy ships could fly into the Arabian sea, it just wouldn't have worked.
How the soviet ships entered bay of Bengal in 1971? By magic?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
How the soviet ships entered bay of Bengal in 1971? By magic?
By getting to the region first. Soviets beat the Americans to reaching the Bay of Bengal in 1971.

By the time Soviets asked India to be their cannon-fodder and heat up Pakistan's western border, there already was an American armada in the Arabian Sea. This time Arabian Sea, rather than the Bay of Bengal, was an area of importance.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
By getting to the region first. Soviets beat the Americans to reaching the Bay of Bengal in 1971.

By the time Soviets asked India to be their cannon-fodder and heat up Pakistan's western border, there already was an American armada in the Arabian Sea. This time Arabian Sea, rather than the Bay of Bengal, was an area of importance.
Excuses after excuses and that too very weak ones. Of course USSR could not have brought the fleet slowly to Arabian sea to defend India and its not like we could have attacked Pakistan after the fleets have been positioned right? Hell considering the close proximity of USSR TO India and the length USA had to have come for providing logistical support, a joint India - USSR. offensive would have been deadly against AF pak.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Excuses after excuses and that too very weak ones. Of course USSR could not have brought the fleet slowly to Arabian sea to defend India and its not like we could have attacked Pakistan after the fleets have been positioned right? Hell considering the close proximity of USSR TO India and the length USA had to have come for providing logistical support, a joint India - USSR. offensive would have been deadly against AF pak.
Look there is no threat of USSR, USA or China right now but would India take PoK back. No!

As a policy the successive Indian govt. have taken the de facto LoC as international border and the day they would be able to seal the deal with Pak, they would thump their chests over it. If India really had any intentions to take over PoK it would destabilize this region, the way Pak does it on our side.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
As a policy the successive Indian govt. have taken the de facto LoC as international border and the day they would be able to seal the deal with Pak, they would thump their chests over it.
Yes. This is because most Hindus are pussies still living with lack of self respect. This is why they are voting in a govt which has no interest in taking back PoK. I am pretty sure that they will give the same retarded excuse they gave for India ceding land to Bangladesh. Pathetic really

I want to see a party which includes taking PoK back as their election manifesto. Till then, we have to accept the fact that Indians and Hindus lack self respect and balls. :tsk:

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Yes. This is because most Hindus are pussies still living with lack of self respect. This is why they are voting in a govt which has no interest in taking back PoK.

I want to see a party which includes taking PoK back as their election manifesto. Till then, we have to accept the fact that Indians and Hindus lack self respect and balls. :tsk:
With all the Hindu bashing, you will force us to close this thread as well!!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
With all the Hindu bashing, you will force us to close this thread as well!!
Oh come on. If you have arguments against my claims, post them . calling me a Hindu basher is not going to negate my claims.

I want to see if Americans would have waited this long, sucking Mexican ****s if Mexico was occupying land which legally belonds to USA all the while Mexicans kill Americans by thousands directly or indirectly.

Self respect lacking ****** ...

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Oh come on. If you have arguments against my claims, post them . calling me a Hindu basher is not going to negate my claims.

I want to see if Americans would have waited this long, sucking Mexican ****s if Mexico was occupying land which legally belonds to USA all the while Mexicans kill Americans by thousands directly or indirectly.

Self respect lacking ****** ...

Btw, Mexicans claim it was their land!!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles