South Asians call for humane reform of US immigration system

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
a short detail as below, what this man want to say about the the deeds of British in Australia, a land which belongs to Asia in fact
Your statement may not be accurate..

Based on the Continental Drift theory, Australia was only loosely connected to the mainland of Pangea. Neither was it connected to Eurasia. It was directly connected however to Antartica.

Interestingly, India was closer to Antartica and Australia during the existence of Pangea and Gondwanaland, the splinters of the latter are now South America, Africa, Antartica, Australia and India (the other half was North America, Europe and Asia from the supercontinent known as Laurasia).

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think US laws are fine as they are every nation has the right to decide its Immigration laws
thats the very fair statement..... they have right to pick the people they want, as per any type of criterion/requirement they have, and the migrants too have right to leave US/West whenever they want to.... but I think the main issue of the main article is different. its about those who have sold their properties etc of their home country and have come to US with less options. and hence they want some reforms to improve their lives in US. its the talk by those who are presently living in US :ranger:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
we have one more news on illegal migration to US as below. now we find total number of Mexico born people in decline with a fast pace. they were in number around 12.6 million in 2010 while their number has come down by around 0.7 million in just 2 months as below: :toilet:

One in three U.S. immigrants today was born in Mexico, making it the "biggest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States," according to the Pew Hispanic Center. But that wave hit a wall. Thanks to a weak U.S. economy, a growing Mexican economy, and a handful of other policies, net flow of Mexican immigrants to the U.S. has possibly reversed for the first time in several decades.

America's Secret Growth Weapon: Why Immigration Really, Really Matters - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
the above graph of my post#23 also reminds me about my one talk with a senior Australian citizen, that the condition of Australia was so low till even 1980 that even if you put your cloth outside to get it dried, people used to take it and run away........ we also know that Australia, Canada were very less ranked than US, UK till last decade, and the above graph clearly states that Mexicans got the rush to go to US since 1970 only. even if comparative living standard of today's Mexicans Vs Americans is much higher than the time of 60s, Mexicans were 'almost' not interested in moving towards US for a better future till 1970, as per the above graph. :ranger:

if we have a look on this graph carefully then we find that the number of Mexicans reached its level of 1930 only by 1970. there was even the decline of the number of Mexican born people in US since 1930 which then improved only till 1970 to recover its level. its only look like more about the limited level of "in-outs" between US and Mexico till 1970, the two neighboring countries :ranger:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
we have one more news on illegal migration to US as below. now we find total number of Mexico born people in decline with a fast pace. they were in number around 12.6 million in 2010 while their number has come down by around 0.7 million in just 2 months as below: :toilet:
i just realized my typing mistake in the above news, I wanted to say its 2 years. or.... 3 years more accurately, more or less, as per the graph....:thumb:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
here we again remember that US is rushing to give American citizenship to the illegal immigrants, majority of them are Mexican itself, while we also have a news that number of Mexican born people has been declined by around 0.7million in just 3 years, around ,as per the graph of the post#23. its more like, before Mexicans may run away from US, US's government is making its last efforts to keep them in US :rofl:

average american

Yep thats the entire reason for immigration reform to keep illegals from leaving. Hello must be a genius. Its a conspiracy to keep 11 million illegals in the USA.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yep thats the entire reason for immigration reform to keep illegals from leaving. Hello must be a genius. Its a conspiracy to keep 11 million illegals in the USA.
out of 11millions illegal immigrants, around 7millions are only Mexicans. then why don't you let them run away, than offering them citizenship 'now' when we all find America is no more the country of future? have a look on this same graph of post#23, its true that Mexicans had a rush to go to US during first half of last decade. number of Mexican born people increased by around 5.5 millions in just 6-7 years to 2007, as per this graph. but since 2009, we see a decline by around 0.7million in just 3 years?????

are you still the man who has image of US till 2007? wake up, things gone, and now you have to keep them in US, before them may run away from US :wave:

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

"You're all -----ing illegal. You're all illegal," the Native American man yelled at the protesters, who had gathered in Tucson, Arizona to demonstrate their opposition to illegal immigration by Central and South Americans. "We didn't invite none of you here. We're the only native Americans here."

The only native Americans are long gone into oblivion. :dude:
That man himself is an immigrant; just a few centuries old.
America (US) is a country made of immigrants and immigrants are the reason of its success.

Blackwater

America should not regularized people from Pakistan. if they do result will be obvious:wave::wave:

AnantS

Country flag
"Rags to Riches"

But then this could be applied to immigrants of many other ethnicities(Non Indian) in America... Why single out just Indians? What the funny thing is that these guys mentioned in the article, were came from families of indentured laborers brought by Brits during colonial times and kept in most pitiable conditions.Yet, they proudly call themselves as South African, Guyanese etc than Indians.

Problem with Indian as such is passivity, thats why of all the immigrants they mostly get criticized the most, or suffer the backlash. They do not create awareness program to educate others. Take for example after 9/11, it was non-muslim Indians who suffered racism(some even lost their lives). I for one I did not understand what Indians had to do with it? Indians themselves have been suffering and fighting Islamic/Naxalite terrorism since decades. Even in my experience in USA , I felt undercurrent resentment against Indians after latinos. I myself have heard Indians being called Arabs, and every ---- up being blamed on us.(Seriously makes me wonder how one of the racist even could sit and pass Engineering without knowing basic high school geography and world history. How difficult is to figure out Indians != Arabs?). But Thankfully, there are large majority of Americans who themselves resent this type of racism. Overall my experience in US has been good. Its a nation of no nonsense hardworking people who know how to create a balance between work and life.

Regarding Immigration, I believe it is nation's right, to decide to whom to allow and whom not to. Once an immigrant has been admitted, he needs to respect his new adopted home's culture while host govt should create an environment, where he is able to practice his culture or make out a living without any prejudice . Throwing out an illegal immigrant should be host nations right.

I wish UN should frame strict laws and plan on how to deal with refugees, so that they do not become burden for host nation, and conditions are created for them to return to their native land. This is needed for USA and India at least.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
"Rags to Riches"

But then this could be applied to immigrants of many other ethnicities(Non Indian) in America... Why single out just Indians? What the funny thing is that these guys mentioned in the article, were came from families of indentured laborers brought by Brits during colonial times and kept in most pitiable conditions.Yet, they proudly call themselves as South African, Guyanese etc than Indians.

Problem with Indian as such is passivity, thats why of all the immigrants they mostly get criticized the most, or suffer the backlash. They do not create awareness program to educate others. Take for example after 9/11, it was non-muslim Indians who suffered racism(some even lost their lives). I for one I did not understand what Indians had to do with it? Indians themselves have been suffering and fighting Islamic/Naxalite terrorism since decades. Even in my experience in USA , I felt undercurrent resentment against Indians after latinos. I myself have heard Indians being called Arabs, and every ---- up being blamed on us.(Seriously makes me wonder how one of the racist even could sit and pass Engineering without knowing basic high school geography and world history. How difficult is to figure out Indians != Arabs?). But Thankfully, there are large majority of Americans who themselves resent this type of racism. Overall my experience in US has been good. Its a nation of no nonsense hardworking people who know how to create a balance between work and life.

Regarding Immigration, I believe it is nation's right, to decide to whom to allow and whom not to. Once an immigrant has been admitted, he needs to respect his new adopted home's culture while host govt should create an environment, where he is able to practice his culture or make out a living without any prejudice . Throwing out an illegal immigrant should be host nations right.

I wish UN should frame strict laws and plan on how to deal with refugees, so that they do not become burden for host nation, and conditions are created for them to return to their native land. This is needed for USA and India at least.

few days before i discussed that now we find racism in only Western Nationals, who themselves are shiits, otherwise those 10% to 20% people who are wealthy enough in US/UK/Australia, are very friendly to Indians, i saw. and obviously, those 50% UK's/US's/Australian workers, who are hardly on upto $15/hour jobs, won't like to see Indians on $200k+ job categories.... this way I find, those who are shiits in Western nations, are really shiits. those whose only pride is being Americans/White, would try to maintain their superiority, as the people having habituation of drugs/women/drinks etc are simply not competent enough to have any type of superiority on their own :toilet:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
illegal pakis in USA should not be given permanent status. Once they received USA passport first thing they will do is to travel to Pakistan to take jihad training and come back to create bad name for all brown skins

you know wat i mean:sad::sad::sad::laugh:
Illegal immigrants made their choice and now want Uncle Sugar to make everything good for them.

However, that pathetic argument is just what Obama and his party want to hear, and he will provide a pathway to citizenship and the ballot box.
USA needs to prevent illegal immigration and provide a home for the best and brightest of other countreis while paving the way for citizenship of the people that have been here for a long time that will contribute to the betterment of america.
with the news about illegal immigrants to Australia as above, we also have few "straightforward" news from the front line Australian newspapers, whom they want and who they dont want, as below :ranger:

and what happen to those who 'somehow' enter in Australian territory, 'illegally' for refugee visa? check it in between 0.50 min to 1.50min as below, how Australian government tackle them 'legally'. its about the main Sydney Detention Center where hardly 400 to 500 people are kept while waiting for refugee visa for years and 5-6 suicide at every 5-6 months. check what Jamal, lawyer of these refugees, says in between 0.50 min to 1.50min as below :toilet:

Americans Oppose 'Obamacare,' Social Security for Illegal Immigrants Made Legal by Reform
July 2, 2013

As eight senators huddled behind closed doors to craft a bipartisan and comprehensive immigration-reform bill, South Carolinians began seeing television ads bashing Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham for his involvement. "Who elected Graham to demand amnesty and welfare for millions of illegal aliens?" a faceless voice asked in the February ad paid for by advocacy group NumbersUSA.

Who would get welfare and other benefits under immigration reform is a complicated and still-unanswered question, with Congress far from done debating immigration legislation. But what Americans think of the idea is suddenly much clearer.

According to the latest United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll, more than two-thirds of all Americans and nine out of every 10 Republicans oppose making legalized immigrants "eligible for government benefits ... before they become citizens," confirming the issue's potency as one of the main political attacks against immigration reform supporters in 2014.

NumbersUSA's February ad against Graham may have been an early shot, but given how strongly the message tests, it seems sure to crop up again -- assuming attention remains focused on the issue.

Overall, 77 percent of respondents opposed making government benefits available to legalized (but noncitizen) immigrants.

In findings that are sure to feed a core conservative fear about the issue, the idea was broadly unpopular across party, race, and class lines:

Ninety percent of Republicans opposed it, as did 80 percent of independents and 65 percent of Democrats, suggesting the message could appear in general-election advertising as well as in GOP primaries.

Nearly two-thirds of nonwhites stood against the idea, as well as 84 percent of whites.

While college-educated women were the group of whites that most supported extending benefits, 71 percent of them still opposed it.

When asked specifically if legalized immigrants "should be eligible for health care assistance under the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, before they become citizens," the margins narrowed thanks to heightened Democratic, nonwhite, and college-educated support -- but respondents still remained hostile to the idea:

Sixty-nine percent of respondents said no, including 88 percent of Republicans and 72 percent of independents.

Fifty-four percent of Democrats said no, while 43 percent said legalized noncitizens should be Obamacare-eligible.

Among nonwhites, extending access to Obamacare polled exactly the same, while whites opposed it 76-20.

The Congressional Connection Poll was conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International from June 20 to 23. It surveyed 1,005 adults by landline and cell phone and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.

In the current version of the Senate's immigration bill, most legalized immigrants who are not permanent residents will not be eligible for means-tested benefits like the subsidies in the health care reform law. Permanent residents would immediately get access to some programs, such as the health care subsidies, but would have to wait longer to participate in others, like Medicaid.

The figures illustrate the political danger in omnibus reform legislation, such as the Senate immigration bill that's expected to pass this week, that packages popular ideas with less popular ones. In a way, it's reminiscent of the Obama health care law itself, which features well-liked insurance regulations alongside other items that Republicans have used effectively against Democrats, such as the "$700 billion in Medicare cuts" featured in so many of last year's campaign ads.

What immigration reform has going for it, though, is that its main elements are broadly popular: Last week's United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll found big majorities -- including majorities of Republicans -- in favor of allowing illegal immigrants who meet certain requirements to stay in the country and later apply for citizenship. And a strong plurality supported focusing the immigration system on acquiring needed job skills for the economy, as have the members crafting the Senate legislation. (However, 49 percent of Republicans did say this week that they would be less likely to vote for their U.S. representative or senator if he or she voted for a pathway to citizenship.)

Former Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez, who heads the Republicans for Immigration Reform super PAC, said that pro-reform Republicans can survive tough messaging -- like the government benefits issue -- by focusing on the anticipated benefits, such as a lift to the economy. Republicans for Immigration Reform has also been on TV in South Carolina, with an ad featuring a local chamber of commerce official praising Graham for helping bring the economic benefit of immigration reform to the Palmetto State.

"You hear very little about the most important part" of the legislation, Gutierrez said.

"It'll be a tremendous surge for our economy," he continued, noting that's where his group will focus its efforts defending GOP supporters of the reform bill.

That message will have to compete with a broadly unpopular attack gaining steam among conservative opponents, though, picking away at the bill at its weakest points.

Americans Oppose 'Obamacare,' Social Security for Illegal Immigrants Made Legal by Reform - NationalJournal.com

Last edited by a moderator:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned

there are certain reasons for this reverse migration of Mexicans back to Mexico. if we have a look as below then we find only around 63.0% American workers have any source of Income, earn any money as in their "Tax File Number". and this "Employment Ratio" doesn't include even students, house wives, early retired people etc too, as below :ranger:

In the United States, the unemployment rate is estimated by a household survey called the Current Population Survey, conducted monthly by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. The unemployment rate is calculated by dividing the number of unemployed persons by the size of the workforce and multiplying that number by 100, where an unemployed person is defined as a person not currently employed but actively seeking work. The size of the workforce is defined as those employed plus those unemployed.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_force

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles