South Asians call for humane reform of US immigration system

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
South Asians call for humane reform of US immigration system

WASHINGTON: As US President Barack Obama moves ahead with his ambitious immigration reforms, a coalition of South Asian organisations today called for a just and 'humane' system to be put in place. :rofl:

The National Coalition of South Asian Organizations (NCSO), a coalition of 41 groups in US, said in a statement that it looks forward to offering input and recommendations as the policy process moves forward in the upcoming months.

The groups works closely with South Asian immigrants who are the fastest growing major ethnic group in the US, increasing by 78 per cent from 2000 to 2010 to approximately 3.4 million people.

NCSO urged the Obama Administration and the Senators to have an immigration system that creates accessible and affordable pathways to legalisation and citizenship for all undocumented individuals; keeps families together, eliminates the visa backlogs, and increases caps for family and employment visas.

"We urge the Administration and Congress to continue to work together and pass immigration policy reform that unites our families, provides us with options towards obtaining visas and citizenship, and ends unjust enforcement measures that have affected so many of our community members, especially in the past decade.

"Only then will we have a system that is just and humane for South Asian Americans, all immigrants, and society as a whole," said Deepa Iyer, executive director, South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT). :confused:

Comprehensive immigration reform must terminate enforcement programs that engage in profiling so that families are not unjustly targeted, said Monami Maulik, Founder and Executive Director of Desis Rising Up and Moving (DRUM).

"We sincerely hope that immigration reform will address these backlogs that divide our families and provide a pathway to citizenship for our undocumented community members, so that we may all begin to move forward with our lives," said Manjusha Kulkarni, executive director, South Asian Network.

South Asians call for humane reform of US immigration system - Economic Times

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
we have an overall Idea of immigration to US as below. it has list of only Asian immigrants, considering Mexicans as the people belonging to the border areas of US, so the highest in number this way. I would encourage other members here to find out the way US immigrants get a place in US, the criterion of offering residence etc :thumb:

Migration Information Source - Asian Immigrants in the United States

In 2009, South Eastern Asians made up the largest proportion of the Asian-born population, followed by those from Eastern, South Central, and Western Asia.
South Eastern Asians numbered 3,667,000, accounting for 34.4 percent of the overall Asian-born population in 2009. The main countries of origin from this region were the Philippines (1,726,000), Vietnam (1,152,000), and Thailand (203,000).

People from Eastern Asian countries made up 31.3 percent of the Asian-born population at 3,334,000. Those born in China/Hong Kong accounted for the largest number of foreign born from this region (1,642,000), followed by South Korea and North Korea (1,004,000) and Taiwan (348,000).

Immigrants from South Central Asian countries numbered 2,714,000, and accounted for 25.5 percent of the Asian-born population. India contributed the largest group from this region by far (1,665,000), followed by Iran (363,000) and Pakistan (284,000).

Western Asians (893,000) made up 8.4 percent of the foreign-born population from Asia. The main countries of origin were Iraq (154,000), Israel (140,000), and Lebanon (124,000).

Foreign born from the Philippines, India, and China accounted for nearly half of all Asian-born immigrants in 2009.

Immigrants from the top three origin countries of Asia – the Philippines (16.2 percent), India (15.6 percent), and China (15.4 percent) – accounted for about one in two Asian immigrants in the United States in 2009 (see Figure 2). Together with Vietnam (10.8 percent) and Korea (9.4 percent), these countries sent more than two-thirds of all Asian-born immigrants. Moreover, 81.9 percent of all Asian foreign born in the United States came from just ten Asian countries of origin.

Migration Information Source - Asian Immigrants in the United States
=>

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
it wasn't about any type of offending or insulting but we can't find any comparison between Philippines, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc with the two, China/India, which are more than 10 to 13 times bigger countries. then why we find Philippines on so high position, in terms of number of immigrants to US, while others are on so less number?????? Philippines is the only Christian majority country of Asia, is this the main reason why others from Asia in so less number in US? as, even in case of GRE, GMAT, medicine exams etc, we find Indians performing quite high as compare to others, who then get a place in US's institutes, together with those who are directly hired by the US's firms from India..... then why do we find so big difference, which may be due to religious background only? is this the sense why non-Christian South Asians, together with Chinese, want 'Humane' reform of US's immigration system?????? :ranger:

parijataka

Country flag
it wasn't about any type of offending or insulting but we can't find any comparison between Philippines, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc with the two, China/India, which are more than 10 to 13 times bigger countries. then why we find Philippines on so high position, in terms of number of immigrants to US, while others are on so less number?????? Philippines is the only Christian majority country of Asia, is this the main reason why others from Asia in so less number in US? as, even in case of GRE, GMAT, medicine exams etc, we find Indians performing quite high as compare to others, who then get a place in US's institutes, together with those who are directly hired by the US's firms from India..... then why do we find so big difference, which may be due to religious background only? is this the sense why non-Christian South Asians, together with Chinese, want 'Humane' reform of US's immigration system?????? :ranger:
I think one reason could be that US occupied Phillipines for a while. Also lot of Philipino women are qualified nurses, a profession much in demand in US.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think one reason could be that US occupied Phillipines for a while. Also lot of Philipino women are qualified nurses, a profession much in demand in US.
boss, I been to Australia for higher studies in 2002 and we had so many immigration agents in Delhi even that time, that we even knew minor issues regarding migration, even before going to Australia. the reason why I opted to study in University of Technology Sydney as it was not only a very high ranked technical institute, but also we had got a clear idea that we would now have jobs in mineral rich Australia/Canada only, US/UK is dead now....:wave:

i mean, not only the Philippians but every one of our batch knew very basic facts, where we were going and how much opportunity we will have there. which profession is in demand etc, and I know many doctors of India who visited US/West that time on the visa of their nurse wives, as nurses were in demands and were getting very easy visa that time. I even met many from pakistan who migrated under back door visa, a true story, as they knew how to play with refugee visas. and that time has also gone as we now find so many detention centers in Australia with dealing all the key issues of this type of migration through refugee category.......

its all about, whose application is processed and whose don't :wave:

Last edited:

Zero_Wing

Sir majority of nurses going to US and Europe and other countries are married because of long studies of nursing here but now nursing is no longer a in demand job.

Blackwater

illegal pakis in USA should not be given permanent status. Once they received USA passport first thing they will do is to travel to Pakistan to take jihad training and come back to create bad name for all brown skins

you know wat i mean:sad::sad::sad::laugh:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
illegal pakis in USA should not be given permanent status. Once they received USA passport first thing they will do is to travel to Pakistan to take jihad training and come back to create bad name for all brown skins

you know wat i mean:sad::sad::sad::laugh:
my posts are just a contribution, not about abusing any society. but I did find that more than half of Afghan refugees to Australia were in fact Pakistanis. and it were already estimated that over 80% of those boats come from the Pakistan region, even if they claimed to be Afghans and hence tried for refugee visas under a war affected country, Afghanistan, with the fact that they came by boat and from open water while running from that war affected region. but now we find either these boats are sunk in water itself, or they are just kept in the detention centers to find of the source they came from, as I saw in Sydney..... few times we put finger on the Australian Navy but no further news in the regard of sinking of boats......... :ranger:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
"We sincerely hope that immigration reform will address these backlogs that divide our families and provide a pathway to citizenship for our undocumented community members, so that we may all begin to move forward with our lives," said Manjusha Kulkarni, executive director, South Asian Network.
Illegal immigrants made their choice and now want Uncle Sugar to make everything good for them.

However, that pathetic argument is just what Obama and his party want to hear, and he will provide a pathway to citizenship and the ballot box.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Illegal immigrants made their choice and now want Uncle Sugar to make everything good for them.

However, that pathetic argument is just what Obama and his party want to hear, and he will provide a pathway to citizenship and the ballot box.
one day I made a post as below in this regard while talking to an American citizen. I found Indian migrants very strong on this stand :thumb:

=> Illegal Migrants/Poor Indians: if India has 350mil middle class then 850mil 'under class' also, including around 400mil poor, as they couldn't control their population. 350mil middle class of India, whose per capita income on PPP is similar to very high HDI countries like Argentina, Poland, Saudi Arabia etc is itself more than total population at the time of freedom 1947? hence, you get two type of migrants in US/UK/Australia/Canada. one from the Middle Class of India who are the highest income group in US, as stated below too, and the other one are around 2.4 lakhs illegal indian migrants also who have entered there similar to many other countries. so, if you find anyone illegal there then either kill him, or send him back to his country. simple :ranger:

also, population of India is 17% of world's population while US have only 0.24millions Illegal Indians out of total 11.5mil illegal migranst there, then, we find Indians are better seated in this category of US also?

=> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...indu-americans-rank-top-education-income.html

=>
An estimated 2,40,000 Indian immigrants are among 11.5 million foreigners living illegally in the United States without proper immigration documents, according to latest official figures.

China is placed fifth in the list, but tops among the Asian countries with 280,000 illegal immigrants, followed by Philippines (270,000) which is ranked overall sixth.

The Hindu : News / International : 2.4 lakh illegal Indian immigrants living in U.S.: report

Last edited:

average american

USA needs to prevent illegal immigration and provide a home for the best and brightest of other countreis while paving the way for citizenship of the people that have been here for a long time that will contribute to the betterment of america.

Shirman

Country flag
I would say ban Indians first in U.S. of A.....These Pathetic people think they can run away from their motherland for Opportunities, so called good life and Security of Superpower criterias....Seriously I admire Modi for speaking the truth n not for his anti-islam image some people have created......:sad::tsk:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
USA needs to prevent illegal immigration and provide a home for the best and brightest of other countreis while paving the way for citizenship of the people that have been here for a long time that will contribute to the betterment of america.
Ideally, but US employers also want immigrants for those jobs that "Americans won't do."

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I would say ban Indians first in U.S. of A.....These Pathetic people think they can run away from their motherland for Opportunities, so called good life and Security of Superpower criterias....Seriously I admire Modi for speaking the truth n not for his anti-islam image some people have created......:sad::tsk:
There would be no reason or justification for US congress to pass laws banning anybody, and it would be anti-American to do so, but I think you know that.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
things are not so simple. when an Indian professional is hired by a US's firm to US/Australia, he is mainly interested in having more professional experience and fcuking here and there and until he has a good fun, he won't listen what we say in common, as per my experience...... and hence we are left with only one talk in this regard, as per my last post#10 , "until both the sides are satisfied with each others, keep the people of your interest in US and the time any of these two side lose the charm, kick him to the place, from where you took him." :wave:

rest, until US's government has Food Stamps for its "Single Mother Kids" as below, we do hope that deeds of these migrants may at least have food supply in future, even if these migrants themselves back to their native place, as below :toilet:

American health is in decline as new data finds that one in four US kids are on food stamps as of fiscal year 2011 and the younger generation is more prone to death and poorer health levels compared to their counterparts in other developed nations.

Almost 20 million children out of 73.9 million under the age of 18 were in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamps, in 2011, according to data from the United States Department of Agriculture and US Census Bureau. :facepalm:

Over a quarter of US kids on food stamps, under-50s dying young – reports — RT

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Native American confronts 'anti-illegal immigration' protesters

A Native American man criticized protesters at an Arizona rally against illegal immigration, calling them the real "illegals" for invading his country and killing Native Americans when Europeans first settled on US soil.

"You're all -----ing illegal. You're all illegal," the Native American man yelled at the protesters, who had gathered in Tucson, Arizona to demonstrate their opposition to illegal immigration by Central and South Americans. "We didn't invite none of you here. We're the only native Americans here."

Some have applauded the man for pointing out the protesters' hypocrisy, who at one point immigrated to the US themselves or are descendants of immigrants. The Native American man, who was pushing his baby through town in a stroller, staged his own protest when he came across the rally.

"Get on with your bogus arguments. We're the only legal ones here," he yelled.

One protester was caught standing near the angry Native American and became the target of his criticism. The man was carrying a small American flag and a sign that read, "We should have put that sign up when you sons-of-bitches came."

Pointing towards the American flag held by the protester, the Native American said that it "represents blood spilled by Native Americans, protecting this land from the invaders."

"You don't want to hear the God damn truth!" he yelled. "Get on, bitch! All the Native Americans you killed, you plant your houses here. That's the truth."

With Arizona's proximity to the Mexican border, it has long been a hub for anti-immigration protests and initiatives. The state passed the "Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act" in 2010, which is a strict anti-illegal immigration measure that has stimulated significant controversy. The law made it a misdemeanor crime for an "alien" to be in the state of Arizona without carrying registration documents. It also allows law enforcement officers to stop any individual that they suspect of being an illegal immigrant, thereby promoting racial profiling. It also imposes heavy penalties on those involved in sheltering or hiring unregistered aliens.

The law's controversial provisions were blocked by the US Department of Justice, but the Supreme Court in 2012 ruled to uphold the "show me your papers" provision allowing law enforcement to stop anyone who looks like an illegal immigrant.

But the Native American man who staged his own protest at the rally considers it hypocritical for Americans to criticize others for immigrating into the US when everyone but Native Americans at one point did so themselves.

"That's what [the American] flag stands for – all the Native Americans you killed to plant your houses here," he said. "That's the truth."

Native American confronts 'anti-illegal immigration' protesters (VIDEO) — RT

Last edited by a moderator:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
and I know more about Australian Government's policy for the "Illegal" immigration as below. compare the two news as below, one about the boats being sunk in water, which we guess its due to the Australian Navy. and the second news about a statement from Australian Government's representative that these people do 'risk' their life...... with the very first attitude of Indigenous Australians as below too :ranger:

1st,
Labor MP admits asylum policy 'very harsh'

Federal minister Tony Burke says changes to Labor's asylum seeker policy are "very harsh" but necessary to stop people risking their lives at sea. :australia:

Labor MP admits asylum policy 'very harsh' | SBS World News
2nd, Australia boat mishap: Commissioner Kohat confirms death of 78 Pakistanis | The News Tribe :facepalm:

Last edited:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
with the news about illegal immigrants to Australia as above, we also have few "straightforward" news from the front line Australian newspapers, whom they want and who they dont want, as below :ranger:

Uncontrolled Muslim influx a threat

A FEW weeks ago in London, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband told me that 75 per cent of the terrorist plots aimed at Britain originated in the federally administered tribal areas of Pakistan. Some 800,000 Pakistanis live in Britain. :toilet:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...-influx-a-threat/story-e6frg76f-1225792231126

and what happen to those who 'somehow' enter in Australian territory, 'illegally' for refugee visa? check it in between 0.50 min to 1.50min as below, how Australian government tackle them 'legally'. its about the main Sydney Detention Center where hardly 400 to 500 people are kept while waiting for refugee visa for years and 5-6 suicide at every 5-6 months. check what Jamal, lawyer of these refugees, says in between 0.50 min to 1.50min as below :toilet:

Last edited by a moderator:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
I just noticed in the above video that the lawyer of these refugees of Sydney is trying to prove that these people are "Human Being", in between 1.0 min to 2.0 minutes, the human who are committing suicide. and topic of this thread is also about "Humane" reform of immigration system of US/West :rofl:

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
a short detail as below, what this man want to say about the the deeds of British in Australia, a land which belongs to Asia in fact :ranger:

The effect of British colonisation on Aboriginal people

Between 1788 and 1900, the Aboriginal population was reduced by 90%.:toilet: Three main reasons for this were the introduction of new diseases, loss of land and loss of people through direct fighting with the colonisers.

Consequences of British colonisation for Aboriginal People, British colonisation of Australia, Colonisation: resources, power and exploration, SOSE Year 6, QLD | Online Education Home Schooling Skwirk Australia

and this is what the Indigenous people want to do in Australia right now, as, they simply dont want to follow laws of Australia, which still have British Queen as Head of State there :tsk:

In 2008 Aboriginal people represent only 2.3% of the total population, yet over 28% of Australia's prison population are Aboriginal people. :toilet:

31.9% Percentage by which Aboriginal imprisonment rates increased between 2000 and 2006 . 12.9 Factor by which Aboriginal people are more likely to be imprisoned than non-Aboriginal people.

60% Percentage by which the imprisonment rate for Aboriginal women increased between 2000 and 2010. Same figure for Aboriginal men: 35%.

Aboriginal prison rates - Creative Spirits

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles