Sourced arms from China, says arrested Naga militant

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ajtr, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Sourced arms from China, says arrested Naga militant

Arrested NSCN (I-M) arms procurer Anthony Shimray has told the National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths that he paid an advance of $ 800,000 this April to a Bangkok-based company to source rocket launchers, grenades, assault rifles and ammunition for the Naga and other insurgent groups in Assam and Manipur from a weapons supplier in mainland China.

Shimray, 50, picked up by the Indian security agencies apparently from Patna on October 2, has revealed that he has been frequently travelling to Beijing and is in constant touch with the Chinese intelligence.

Top government sources told The Sunday Express that Shimray’s release has been demanded by NSCN (I-M) chairman Isak Chisi Swu in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from Bangkok this month, saying that the arms procurer for the insurgent group was in India only to help the Naga leadership in the ongoing dialogue with New Delhi.

Before Swu’s missive, NSCN (I-M)’s so-called Commander-in-Chief, V S Atem, wrote a threatening letter to the Indian government and accused the RA&W of picking up Shimray from the Kathmandu International Airport as he landed from Bangkok. Atem’s letter has since been withdrawn by the NSCN (I-M) leadership.

Sources said Shimray told his interrogators that he has to make a final payment of another $200,000 before the Chinese company would ship arms from Dalian in north China to the Naga group through either the Cox’s Bazaar route in Bangladesh or through the land route via North Myanmar. The arms supplier said the weapons delivery was expected to be made in October-November, once the advance had been paid to the Chinese company.The NIA has the exact names of the companies involved in Bangkok and China.

3. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

^^ Some peaceful rise from the Chinese eh? Guess we need to open up files of their rebellions too.

4. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

hahaha,what a perfect fiction!

frankly speaking, If CHinese really wanted to arm India's rebels, NSCN so called would not have only light weapons such as AK47. it would be a force armed with amror vehicles and missles.

do you know what a big stock of outdated tanks and artillery CHina now has ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  5. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

SO you are confessing that China arms NE separatists and wil increase it cooperation with them or you are planning to arm them now? By the way whole world know that PLA has a lot of Junk that they should get rid of.

6. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

do you know what is "subjunctive mood"?

7. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

No I don't can you please take pain to elaborate that?

8. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

Chinese are fuelling an insurgency against India on 2 fronts in the Northeast and Kashmir.

9. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

China has always been funding insurgency in Kashmir through their cheap mercenary for hire known as pakistan. However, I always had doubts that they are directly supporting insurgents in NE, though I knew they could be doing it through Myanmar, but now even that possibility is out of picture.

Moreover, this news article is not about China supporting insurgency in India, rather Chinese gun runners supplying weapons to "Cash Loaded Christian Insurgents of North East" (who funds these groups is not a mystery, surely its not China).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010