Something to remember

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
It was also a November but in 1989, Pugachev landed his Su27K on Kuznetsov for the first time, it was a tough day, rough waves and unpredictable weather on the high sea, he tried 3 times and had to aboard 3 times, for the fourth time, he succeed.

After all congratulating people left and he found only himself and the president of Black Sea Shipyard were on the deck, he was asked by the latter, "Victor, tell me the truth, are you afraid? "

-- What do you think, minster, I am a human too. he replied.

Salute to all heroes.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Russian Media report on J15 landing

BEIJING, November 25 (RIA Novosti) – A Chinese Shenyang J-15 fighter jet has successfully carried out the first arrested deck landing on the country's only aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, Xinhua reported on Sunday citing naval sources.
This achievement marks a crucial step in the development of China's ambitious aircraft carrier program as landing tests of carrier-based aircraft are the most challenging to perform.
"Capabilities of the carrier platform and the J-15 have been tested, meeting all requirements and achieving good compatibility," the Chinese Navy said.
The J-15s had made many landings on land-based mock-ups of Liaoning's deck and performed a number of touch-and-go take-offs and landings during sea trials last month before attempting an arrested landing on the deck of the aircraft carrier, according to Chinese naval experts.
Since the Liaoning entered service in September 2012, its crew has completed more than 100 training and testing programs.
The Admiral Kuznetsov class Varyag aircraft carrier was 70% complete when China bought it from Ukraine for $20 million in 1998. Before being sold, the ship was disarmed and its engines were removed.
China launched a complete overhaul of the ship in 2002, also developing carrier-based aircraft. Beijing has repeatedly insisted the carrier poses no threat to its neighbors and that it will primarily be used for training and research.
The 1,000-ft vessel is designed to carry 26 aircraft and 24 helicopters.

Chinese Naval Jet Performs First Deck Landing | Defense | RIA Novosti

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Contrast to Soviet Union at that time, China is lucky, in 1989, Soviet Union was facing a doomed break up. While China achieved the same goal under a more secure environment of R&D, Manufacture, Testing and Training. There are inevitable risks when a nation is engaging itself to realize something systematically new and challenging, like landing a heavy weight jet on a carrier for the first time, the only solution is to guarantee a rea-ltime inspection all along the testing procedure to make sure possible risks be detected and avoided. We achieved it.

pmaitra

@DaTang, please post links along with articles. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
somehow I don't have that button, was my rights limited or what?

pmaitra

Oh ok, never mind. I have added the link in that post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles