Some of you may enjoy this

trackwhack

As much as I hate Kissinger (he deserves to be skinned down, not patted down), the TSA is such a retarded bunch. Why can they not keep dignitaries out of this mess?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As much as I hate Kissinger (he deserves to be skinned down, not patted down), the TSA is such a retarded bunch. Why can they not keep dignitaries out of this mess?
TSA is a constant embarrassment, but once in a while they provide some laughs. At least this time it wasn't a 7 year old girl in leg braces.

pmaitra

Seriously, does it look like Henry Kissinger would blow up a plane with bombs? Even if he were not a dignitary, he is just to old to do such things.

Well, TSA is doing its 'job.'

ejazr

Ambassador
Current Airport security methods have always been a good thing to debate about.

According to one study, the cost of just the extra waiting is about $10 Billion / year for the US economy without the terrorists achieving any sucessful terrorist plot post 9/11

Schneier had a debate with a TSA administrator on this same topic on the Economist in march that people might find it to be an interesting read
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2012/03/harms_of_post-9.html
Economist Debates: Airport security: Guest
Economist Debates: Airport security: Statements

Although, I must say that the TSA administrator was at a disadvantage because of all the negative feedback people wanted to give given their experience with the TSA. Still the points made is worth noting

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles