Some ex-PMs 'compromised' India's deep assets: Defence Minister Manoha

Free Karma

Some ex-PMs 'compromised' India's deep assets: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar : India, News - India Today

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday alleged that some former Prime Ministers had compromised the country's "deep assets" on national security but refrained from naming them. Parrikar said he did not give details about Coast Guard operation involving a boat coming from Pakistan as the "source (of information) might be compromised", a PTI report stated. "After all, you have to build deep assets. Deep assets are created over 20-30 years. Sadly, there were some prime ministers who compromised deep assets. "I am not going to disclose names. Many people know," Parrikar said after releasing a special issue of the Hindi weekly Vivek, on national security, in Mumbai.

Taunting the Congress for demanding evidence on the recent Coast Guard operation against a Pakistani vessel carrying suspected terrorists, he said, "There was demand for giving proof (that it was a Pak terror vessel). Tomorrow, during such operation we will take along a (media) cameraman and also the Congress spokesperson. :lol:

"However, now a days nothing can be said with certainty as Congress spokespersons say good things about Modi government," Parrikar said taking a swipe at Janardhan Dwivedi.

Parrikar said there were differing perceptions between India and China on the Line of Actual Control.

"We have not taken the issue of border security seriously. Tomorrow if war were to take place and at the same time if there were riots in some parts of the country, it would be difficult (situation)," Parrikar said.

Highlighting the need for media to exercise restraint on sensitive issues like terror attacks, Parrikar compared the TV coverage of recent Paris terror attacks and the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

"In Paris, not a single body was shown and not a drop of blood was seen on TV. Contrast this to our live coverage. I am not criticising but we should have this sense," he said

Similarly the real reason for what happened after Godhra incident in 2002 was the disturbing photos shown (by media)," Parrikar said.

"Tomorrow somebody may file a PIL complaining that the decibel level of firing on the border exceeds 140 decibels after 10 pm norms and that it disturbs their sleep," Parrikar said. "The only exception is loudspeakers atop certain holy places where nobody objects even if the loudspeakers blare till 1 am," he said. :lol:

Parrikar said he plans to send Defence Ministry officials to border for 15 days to sensitize them on hardships faced by armed forces. "Then maybe several files will be cleared fast," the Defence Minister said.
Parrikar trying to drive some sense into this stupid media, but you can only wake up people who are sleeping, you cant wake up people who are pretending to be sleeping.

As for his statement about ex-pms, I have read about two of em:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/magazine/voices/article525413.ece
http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/sep/08spec.htm - part about Kahuta.

Last edited:

shekhar

Re: Some ex-PMs 'compromised' India's deep assets: Defence Minister Ma

Can anybody tell me why modi gov is cutting defence budget by 20%...whn forces are wanting more money to speed-up the modernisation plan

sorcerer

Country flag

The infamous Gujral doctrine.
The irony is that he took charge 4 years after the Mumbai blasts in 1993 orchestrated from Pakistan. I wonder what makes them pro-peace in such a short time. 1990s was such a turbulent time with some high profile terror incidents in India.
Such haste!!

sorcerer

Country flag

Can anybody tell me why modi gov is cutting defence budget by 20%...whn forces are wanting more money to speed-up the modernisation plan
Is it defence budget or health budget?
I see tweet from Congress on 20% cut for health not on defence.

shekhar

Both..i dnt knw why they are cutting defence budget

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Unless we have official confirmation, a similar case was like this when they said that they're cutting fuel allocation for troops in Siachen.

Turned out that most of the old kerosene heaters are replaced by battery charged heaters so there was no need for that much fuel allocation.

So most probably, this is also some sort of re-jig, unlike what the irrelevant Dynasty is trying to portray.

Let's wait for official confirmation from the Health Ministry.

As for the PMs that compromised, we ALL know what that pathetic PUPPET was who could compromise on India's interests.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The peaceniks are full of hubris. When people like Desai or Gujral get into power, they believe they'd be able to achieve 'peace' and peace has not been achieved merely because the previous leaders didn't try hard enough. There is also the angle that since these people have seen a pre-partition India, they on some level still consider Pak as part of their homeland too and still want reconciliation, even if its a humongously idiotic move such as compromising our assets.

Unless the Indian establishment understands that peace with Pakis is a pipe-dream unless you neuter them to sufficient degree, we'll always have idiots who commit such grave errors. Hopefully, the current dispensation doesn't harbour delusions of peace that even ABV was besotted with.

Unfortunately, as the minster states, these assets are easy to dismantle but take years if not decades to build up. :frusty:

Anyway, India has had the misfortune of being ruled by incompetence for a major portion of her independence, but we are where we are and all we can do is move on and try to make sure such nonsense does not happen again.

Don't go by media or opposition claims, wait for the official budget, it will be out in just over a month. I don't see how there can be a cut back on defence, it could be reallocation. Let wait.

sorcerer

Country flag

Both..i dnt knw why they are cutting defence budget

No..no..You got it wrong.. The govt had no cut on defence budget. It was the Congrass idiots taunting the BJP Govt with their tweet.

Have a look at the tweet
https://twitter.com/incindia/status/555319151380557825

Ironically it was the congoons who did that- Look how they conviniently forgot their own screwups.
Defence budget cuts imminent to reign in fiscal deficit: AK Antony

BANGALORE: Union defence minister AK Antony confirmed that a reduction in the country's military budget was imminent, as the Manmohan Singh-led UPA government attempts to rein in government spending to clamp down on a rampaging fiscal deficit.
Defence budget cuts imminent to reign in fiscal deficit: AK Antony - Economic Times

Okay..with congress we can always expect them to do the wrong thing and screwup.

There is no mention of cutting defence budget from current Govt so far...

Hari Sud

Country flag

PM I.K. Gujral compromised security by dismantling RAW department of dirty tricks to please Pakistan. Then A.K Anthony and Mannmohan Singh disband a highly secretive group of military intelligence officers, who were so close to breaking into Hafeez Saeed's inner circle. Reason, they did not like Gen. V.K. Singh the then COAS?

salute

No..no..You got it wrong.. The govt had no cut on defence budget. It was the Congrass idiots taunting the BJP Govt with their tweet.

Have a look at the tweet
https://twitter.com/incindia/status/555319151380557825

Ironically it was the congoons who did that- Look how they conviniently forgot their own screwups.

Okay..with congress we can always expect them to do the wrong thing and screwup.

There is no mention of cutting defence budget from current Govt so far...
congressi's are idiots they should keep their religion and caste based politics,

and not to copy modi in social media because most of the people who use social media are young and educated and they not gonna buy this,

congressi's should sell these lies to minorities.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

What deep asset he is talking about?

Compersion

Country flag

i dont know but why there is a feeling of similar quotes from USA before bbq was done nearby

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Who gave you that piece of juicy gossip?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

There was no cut in either health or defence budget. Just a Cong canard. It was just a routine bookkeeping exercise on planned budget expenditure vis a viz revised budget expenditure. No "budget cut" anywhere other than in the quantity of truth in reporting.

sob

Mod
Country flag

A very informative article from 2013 on similar lines

The great betrayal - The New Indian Express

the long-standing political war between controversial former army chief General V K Singh and a section of the Army establishment in connivance with the government erupted again. The casualty was the Technical Support Division (TSD), one of India's most clandestine and effective intelligence units, disbanded in July 2013 after General Bikram Singh took over as army chief in May 2012. Military Intelligence (MI) sources say that under severe interrogation to implicate General V K Singh in "anti-national operations," some of its best officers who earned their stripes in Kashmir have become psychological wrecks. Their cover blown, facing hostile enquiry boards and fearing for the safety of their families, the former agents have written to Defence Minister A K Antony to provide them security.
Usually all intelligence exposes worldwide have been by whistleblowers, but with TSD, the government itself, helped by top echelons of the Army was responsible, says the officer.

sorcerer

Country flag

There was no cut in either health or defence budget. Just a Cong canard. It was just a routine bookkeeping exercise on planned budget expenditure vis a viz revised budget expenditure. No "budget cut" anywhere other than in the quantity of truth in reporting.
Well!! So Congies does not know how to use social media tool!!
Epic!!

We can always expect congress to do the wrong thing given an opportunity :D

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

Any person having a little bit of commonsense will easily say that IK Gujral is the ex-PM who compromised the Indian Intelligence Assets in pakistan.......

R&AW took a hard hit by this dumb move by the ex-PM. I hope India can recover from this in the next 10 years. We lost a precious 10 years of time because of MMS and the ma-beta sarkaar......

Global Defence

New threads

Articles