Solution of Afganistan quagmire!!!

Jeypore

Let me begin with a theory, as this war prolonges and Generals are fired to a such complex problems of solving future terrorist attacks, as well as diluting current terrorist issue in the country of Afganistan. It is an enormous proposition for NATO forces as well as for India's Future..

So Here is my Radical Plan, The School system is being built by the NATO forces as well as by Indians, if I am not mistaken. Why not teach the next generation of other religous benefits.;-)

Since, Afganistan made a law from 1970's and onward of not accepting any new relgion in there country, this would certainly bring changes...And the change would change the whole geo-political issue in the southeast region forever......

Just a Thought!!!!!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You saw what happened to soldiers who brought Dari bibles, court martial. Converting them is not an option, maybe secularisation over time, but that would be a LONG time. The answer is pretty simple, but hard to achieve. Afghans need security, which means either lots of foreign troops, or domestic who are competent enough to carry it out. It is hard because Taliban scum blend right into the population.

Jeypore

You saw what happened to soldiers who brought Dari bibles, court martial. Converting them is not an option, maybe secularisation over time, but that would be a LONG time. The answer is pretty simple, but hard to achieve. Afghans need security, which means either lots of foreign troops, or domestic who are competent enough to carry it out. It is hard because Taliban scum blend right into the population.
That was then, but it is different know, if taken an actual action!!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Damn it. Screw their neighbours in the east and you have the problem solved as opposed to the sucking up thats happening right now.

Jeypore

Damn it. Screw their neighbours in the east and you have the problem solved as opposed to the sucking up thats happening right now.
I am really surprised Yusuf, I thought I would be banned from this forum for this thesis!!!!

Anyways that was a thought from me because how ISI and religion plays it's game on this quagmire..

And just to let you know I am the most unreligious person out there!!!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
By the way, its the mid set that has to be changed. Religion is immaterial.

Jeypore

By the way, its the mid set that has to be changed. Religion is immaterial.
True, but that is really a dream world, isn't it!!

Infact, I am the unbeliever of all the unbeliever, but maybe my mindset has to be changed!!!

What I am really surprised is that there is no defence interms of my theory, I would like to hear from you why would it not work..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
how would you go about converting everyone? a few millions of those. How will you wipe away the scars of the past. What you are saying will take decades to say the least. What we need right now is a solution that ends terror which is not coming out from Astan but its neighbor.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
So Here is my Radical Plan, The School system is being built by the NATO forces as well as by Indians, if I am not mistaken. Why not teach the next generation of other religous benefits.
A multi-religious society will remain a pipe-dream unless a basic element of secularism is attained. So one can't jump directly to preaching other religions in a pre-dominantly Wahabi & Deobandi society.
Secondly, the problem is not with Islam, but its extremist off-shoots. The best way to tackle this issue on the religious front would be a large scale infiltration of sensible and moderate Muslim clerics and preachers. If I'm not wrong, the moulvis and the Imam can be challenged to debates on the righteousness of their preachings in accordance with the Koran. In the past, Wahabism has been severely weakened by such collective endeavours. These debates are often held in mosques amidst a reactionary audience and is capable of significant change in thought.

The problem is, that any person who dares to try any such stunt will probably end up with a bullet in his head. This is why it needs to be overtly supported by the Afghan Govt. and covertly by NATO/US/India.
Conversion is not an option, so use Islam against them. Try to woo them with more moderate interpretations.

Since, Afganistan made a law from 1970's and onward of not accepting any new relgion in there country, this would certainly bring changes...And the change would change the whole geo-political issue in the southeast region forever......
I think you're over-weighing the power of religion.
Today, people don't care about whats written in the scriptures. They care about having a good life and blowing money. We know too well that religion is often made an excuse for gaining power.

Create conditions of prosperity within A'stan. Give them ways to become rich. Very rich.
Change of faith is not the solution. Secularism is.

And who will handle the children ?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Let me begin with a theory, as this war prolonges and Generals are fired to a such complex problems of solving future terrorist attacks, as well as diluting current terrorist issue in the country of Afganistan. It is an enormous proposition for NATO forces as well as for India's Future..

So Here is my Radical Plan, The School system is being built by the NATO forces as well as by Indians, if I am not mistaken. Why not teach the next generation of other religous benefits.;-)

Just a Thought!!!!!
sorry mate u are to late to come with idea. Americans are living as soon as possible. talibans are going to be integrated with Afgan gov.Pakistan are going to get free feild in Afganistan when american leave

Jeypore

how would you go about converting everyone? a few millions of those. How will you wipe away the scars of the past. What you are saying will take decades to say the least. What we need right now is a solution that ends terror which is not coming out from Astan but its neighbor.
A generation is 10 years, if I am not mistaken. This war has been waging for last 9 years.. If there was convertion, not specifically towards one religion, the potentiality of the neighbor creating anyform of terrorist acts or even funding, or even further, to convence terrorist attacks based on solely religious beliefs would have decreased substantially. So if additional 8 years would not make any difference in this direction that I am proposing.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To the best of my knowledge, a generation is 25 years.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Instead of solving Afghan quagmire worry about how india gonna ward off Taliban being diverted to india.coz next suicide bombing battlefield will be india rather than Afghanistan or pakistan.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Taliban will not attack India to the best of my knowledge. They will at most train the scums from LeT who anyways dont require training now as that job is done well by the PA. The Taliban is more interested in ruling their own country.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
^^India will be doing biggest strategic mistake if it gonna buy the USA/Pak theory of differentiation of good/bad taliban,L-e-T,Kashmiri group etc.As there is no such differentiation exists.All these Jehadi grop follow same ideology are proxy of PA.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^India will be doing biggest strategic mistake if it gonna buy the USA/Pak theory of differentiation of good/bad taliban,L-e-T,Kashmiri group etc.As there is no such differentiation exists.All these Jehadi grop follow same ideology are proxy of PA.
If this is in response to my post, then my post doesnt say anything about good or bad Taliban. There is only one Taliban and it sure aint good.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
If this is in response to my post, then my post doesnt say anything about good or bad Taliban. There is only one Taliban and it sure aint good.
Yes. that was in response to,"taliban will not attack india...",in your previous post.Taliban were known to have supplied foot soldiers in kashmir during 1990s.Then there was incident of Indian airlines hijacking.Fact is that taliban is not independent entity who takes its own decisions.Its orders comes from GHQ rawalpindi. Secondly tables have been turned on india in afghanistan.India cant do anything there now.it has to just pack up and run from there and worry more about internal security more.coz soon india will find itself fighting two front war but not with china and pakistan directly but with their proxies-maoist in the east and pakistani jehadis in the west.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes. that was in response to,"taliban will not attack india...",in your previous post.Taliban were known to have supplied foot soldiers in kashmir during 1990s.Then there was incident of Indian airlines hijacking.Fact is that taliban is not independent entity who takes its own decisions.Its orders comes from GHQ rawalpindi. Secondly tables have been turned on india in afghanistan.India cant do anything there now.it has to just pack up and run from there and worry more about internal security more.coz soon india will find itself fighting two front war but not with china and pakistan directly but with their proxies-maoist in the east and pakistani jehadis in the west.
Taliban was an implicit supporter of the hijackers as they have a common link i.e the PA. I dont see the Taliban directly getting involved in India as if at all it gets back to power in Astan most likely via tacit US backing, then it will make sure it does not antagonize anyone and continue to rule Astan.

The game aint over yet for India in Astan. Things keep changing. All that is required is one successful terror attack on US soil. They got lucky that Shahzad failed.

Phenom

Does anybody know, What exactly was the policy difference between McCrystal and Obama administration?

I get the feeling the Americans lost the war when they announced their date of withdrawal, the taliban (and their ISI sponsors) realised that they had weakened the US resolve and that its only a matter of time before they win.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles