Solution for uprooting poverty in the country?

Zebra

Country flag
My two cent.............

Go back to basic.

That is rural India.
Start from there.

Provide enough water to farmers, when they need it.
If they get good crop, it will improve their buying capacity.
It will improve business opportunities in entire village in rural India.

If people get jobs at their own village.
Then they might prefer to stay at home in their own village.

And all these are nothing new, as we all know these.

The issue here is how can we solve water problems....?
May be a country wide water pipeline grid might help.....!

Sounds like a mammoth task.
But what are other options there.....!

What say.......?

Rushil51

Country flag
Can't give you gyan on it. Too broad topic.

Just compare India before 1991 and today. All the wealth is generated because people are free to set up businesses. Otherwise, you would have waited for 10yrs to get a landline connection!!

Yeah that is because they had TOO MUCH influence. They controlled as much as they could which lead to inefficiency as there was no competiton due to "license raj". Now you are talking about no restrictions which will obviously lead to capitalist doing what benfits them they most or basically what is most profitable.
Any contribution to society they make is due goverment policies that FORCE them to contribute to society (and partly their own contributions).
And "getting a landline 10 yrs late" agruement has no conncetion (pun intented) with poverty, it is related INEFFCIENCY of the government which private sector can't afford since there is competition.

People are not FREE to set up business, they just have less retrictions.

Basically it should be a mix of goverment and private sector which is best for the society.

Keep your gyan with you mate.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
May be relevant, Maybe not.

I was watching "NHK World" a Japanese channel, you would notice they dwell less on politics more on improving productivity like education, small industry, professionalism, innovation etc. I just saw a program on two brothers managing a car repair shop, still the program managed to teach lessons on professionalism thru the program. Basically what they were saying, it doesn't matter what you do for living you have to give 100% to whatever you do .

Maybe that is the key, change the public discourse from politics to work and quality of work. Maybe that is the key to india's way out of poverty.

kstriya

Country flag
Indian oil import bill is approximately 90 billions $, if we can start something like E90 fuel like Brazil that is an 70,billion a year opportunity for all. We can get maximum people out of poverty as ours is a farmer country. Just another cash crop but we will be more or less independent for fuel.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Indian oil import bill is approximately 90 billions $, if we can start something like E90 fuel like Brazil that is an 70,billion a year opportunity for all. We can get maximum people out of poverty as ours is a farmer country. Just another cash crop but we will be more or less independent for fuel.
Even I am for the bio fuel. Depending too much on foreign import is costing us more money which can be utilized or invested in other works.

The issue here is how can we solve water problems....?
May be a country wide water pipeline grid might help.....!
Long time back I posted about desalinisation of sea water which is already happening in TN with the second largest water plant.

This can be done on the shores of Gujarat and whole of the coastal line.

Cities and metropolitan must be connected with desalinated water where as river water should be used for irrigation purposes.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Even I am for the bio fuel. Depending too much on foreign import is costing us more money which can be utilized or invested in other works.

Long time back I posted about desalinisation of sea water which is already happening in TN with the second largest water plant.

This can be done on the shores of Gujarat and whole of the coastal line.

Cities and metropolitan must be connected with desalinated water where as river water should be used for irrigation purposes.
There's info about both of these in the thread of Design and Develop in India.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Only a massive literacy drive can enlighten the masses and uproot poverty in India. An educated India would do away with 90% of the problems that plagues it today.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Only a massive literacy drive can enlighten the masses and uproot poverty in India. An educated India would do away with 90% of the problems that plagues it today.
No, for uprooting poverty, Skill is required though education is desirable. Today mission gets more money that many engineers. Carpenters and electricians gets handsome money.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
No, for uprooting poverty, Skill is required though education is desirable. Today mission gets more money that many engineers. Carpenters and electricians gets handsome money.
Skill cannot be imparted without education. I had made an earlier post about how low skilled workers are without any jobs in Chattisgarh and Orrisa.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Skill cannot be imparted without education. I had made an earlier post about how low skilled workers are without any jobs in Chattisgarh and Orrisa.

Absolutely wrong. Skills are skills. Much more people are employed on skill basis than education in sectors like textiles, agriculture etc. Education is a long and lengthy process requiring years of training. The company where I work employees many skilled workers such as cairn operators, welders, fitters, cutters and they are paid handsomely.
No doubt education is very important everybody can get it or capable of getting it. You can be a skilled guy and some 3 months to maximum 1 year and earn your livelihood.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Absolutely wrong. Skills are skills. Much more people are employed on skill basis than education in sectors like textiles, agriculture etc. Education is a long and lengthy process requiring years of training. The company where I work employees many skilled workers such as cairn operators, welders, fitters, cutters and they are paid handsomely.
No doubt education is very important everybody can get it or capable of getting it. You can be a skilled guy and some 3 months to maximum 1 year and earn your livelihood.
Buddy, I guess you didn't understand what @Peter is saying.
By skill, he means education of working.
That's the difference between a professional car engineer and mechanic.
An engineer can definitely do better than a mechanic, that's why he is called Skilled.
For attaining 90% literacy rate, we can reach nearly 80-82% till 2020 and so nearly 90% till 2025. :)

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Buddy, I guess you didn't understand what @Peter is saying.
By skill, he means education of working.
That's the difference between a professional car engineer and mechanic.
An engineer can definitely do better than a mechanic, that's why he is called Skilled.
For attaining 90% literacy rate, we can reach nearly 80-82% till 2020 and so nearly 90% till 2025. :)
I mean skill is something one learn by doing the work or learning from peer. For education, you need to learn lots of theory and why that is happening in addition to How it is done.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I mean skill is something one learn by doing the work or learning from peer. For education, you need to learn lots of theory and why that is happening in addition to How it is done.
You are correct in definition but in modern world skill is directly related to Perfectionism, means you're skilled in work if you do it perfectly.
Educated person can do it better.
When GoI started skill India, we had only 3.5% skilled people, they have target for getting 400 million (nearly 30%) skilled labour by 2022,
I'm eagerly waiting for the census. ;)

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I have clearly define what I mean by skill and what by education. Just 50 m away from where I am sitting , A ship is build. All those involved are uneducated skilled workers. Engineer sometime goes and review the work. They are skilled and experience people and they hardly need monitoring. This is the power of skill and experience. If you want this to be done by engineers, cost will escalate a lot. Educated people are required in few numbers but actual executors are required in large number. One of my friend told me a story of building a reactor of refinery by L & T some 3 decade ago. He told me that it was some 200 crore plus of order and we executed it. The salary of whole team was less than Rs10000 PM.

You are correct in definition but in modern world skill is directly related to Perfectionism, means you're skilled in work if you do it perfectly.
Educated person can do it better.
When GoI started skill India, we had only 3.5% skilled people, they have target for getting 400 million (nearly 30%) skilled labour by 2022,
I'm eagerly waiting for the census. ;)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I have clearly define what I mean by skill and what by education. Just 50 m away from where I am sitting , A ship is build. All those involved are uneducated skilled workers. Engineer sometime goes and review the work. They are skilled and experience people and they hardly need monitoring. This is the power of skill and experience. If you want this to be done by engineers, cost will escalate a lot. Educated people are required in few numbers but actual executors are required in large number. One of my friend told me a story of building a reactor of refinery by L & T some 3 decade ago. He told me that it was some 200 crore plus of order and we executed it. The salary of whole team was less than Rs10000 PM.
I know what you are saying.
But those people won't be defined as skilled in international record even after being skilled. ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles