So many Hindu and female doctors ! What is happening to Pakistan ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sam80, Mar 9, 2014.

1. sam80

sam80 Regular Member

Pak Tribune.

February 19, 2014
    So many Hindu and female doctors! What is happening to Pakistan ?

There are some things you can’t help doing – like talking to fundamentalists. I know many of them and almost all of them are convinced that non-Muslims want to harm Muslims.

One such person, whom I have known for 25 years and who can’t compose a simple sentence in English (despite having two master’s degrees) thinks that since Pakistan was made for Muslims, those who are not Muslims should not be allowed to have jobs (unless there are no Muslims available, as for instance in jobs like cleaning up lavatories).

This man is deeply concerned about the growing number of Hindu doctors in Karachi’s hospitals. He can’t believe that Hindus are more studious than Muslims. He thinks Hindu students get more marks than Muslims in the province because the examiners in colleges and universities are all Hindus. I did some research on this and found that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto once imposed an annual quota on the number of Hindu students allowed to be admitted in medical colleges, to reduce the growing number of Hindu doctors in Sindh.

Strangely enough, it was Ziaul Haq who revoked the quota system and restored the original merit system, whereby only the highest-scoring students are allowed admission (irrespective of their religious affiliation). But, of course, my fundamentalist friend is still convinced that there is a deep-rooted conspiracy to fill Sindh’s hospitals with Hindus.

As if one conspiracy wasn’t enough, I got a call the other day from another fundamentalist, a fellow Memon, 75-years-old, with three wives. He’s been running a hospital for a few years now and he’s deeply disturbed at the growing number of female doctors.

“Can you help me draft a petition to the authorities to reduce the number of female students in medical colleges?” he said.

I told him I have no problem with women doctors, in fact it was a female cardiologist who put two stents in me to get my heart back into shape.

“Do you know that if this continues, there’ll be very few male doctors around after a few years?”

So I again did some research and found that he was right. It seems that there used to be a quota system which allowed only a fixed number of girls becoming doctors but the High Court ruled that it was discriminatory (correctly, in my opinion). Girls usually devote much more time to their studies than boys (who usually roam around the streets, looking at girls), and so girls do better.

Of course, this is one of the good things happening in Pakistan, even though for the moment it appears to be confined to Sindh. My fundamentalist friends, however, think it’s another conspiracy by the Indo-Zionist lobby to make Pakistan weaker.

I asked them why they object to women becoming doctors, since they are the ones who’ve always been objecting to women being treated by male doctors. One fundamentalist said women would never become sick if they remained in their houses all the time (meaning that women should not be allowed to work at all).

“What about women who’re pregnant or who are on the verge of giving birth?” I asked.

“No problem”, say the fundamentalists, “there are nurses and midwives who can look after them. In fact there were very few doctors in the country not too long ago and no hospitals either, and women gave birth in their houses.”

How do you argue with such people, who are increasing by the day and who should have been born a hundred years ago?

So many Hindu and female doctors! What is happening to Pakistan? – The Express Tribune Blog

3. SinghSher1984

SinghSher1984 Tihar Jail Banned

Lol, any western themed environment or society will be pro-female.

School in the western sense itself is.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ||

maomao likes this.
  4. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Pakistani should train their doctors by ullemahs in madrassas :)

5. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Mullah doctors only solution for pakistan's survival.....Hindus and women Doctors may cure pakistan off its diseases and hence it may become unislamic! I know my statement does not make sense to you but ask a mullah or a paki they will agree, probably many secularists will agree too.....!

6. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Screw Pakistan and its hypocrisies/paradoxes/confusions, they are nation for Muslims, anything that doesn't fit their convenience will parish or be pontificated.

We need doctors in heaps, these Hindu doctors should be requested to work in India. Actually doctors from different countries should be requested to work in India, provided with better packages and easy visa available.

7. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, we should open a Visa & immigration category of highly skilled workers from oppressed Minority groups (especially from phakeistan and bangladesh).

And let give 100000 kashmiris in exchange for one :thumb:

jackprince and parijataka like this.
  8. sam80

sam80 Regular Member

We should open borders for all non-muslims from these countries , Phakistan is Vampire country.

9. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

Continued hammering of Pakistani brand of Islam has made Pakistanis a sick people...

10. SinghSher1984

Taking people's organs is very hard task, Indian doctors very skilled.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0Z47Pc4s8&list=UULd84PNOIJdM2pzU6u6xJuA

Should not be so concerned and hateful towards Pakistan. Self is worst enemy, for example when there were squads of people rampaging North India last summer nobody here reported.

Death squads which were chased out and admitted to being hired by delhi police.

11. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

take a side buddy.which side you belong to

12. SinghSher1984

The third one, neither worship the idol in the mandir or the one in the kabba.

No disrespect. Truth should never have sides, attached.

That is the definition of tyranny and facism. Something more than one peraon, has mentioned about you people..

Edit Also should Indians not be more concerned with issues relating to India rather than Pakistan. Otherwise, it is just a distraction. I don't know how good your English may be, please re read my post. After third time, you will get. :)

Cheers,

13. agentperry

i got you point though i read your post three times just to search for more. when you say you people whom you are referring to, people of india, hindu community or some other group. just make it straight. dont use you people they etc.

moreover worshipping god or not, worshipping one form of god or the other or no form altogether. worshipping in gurudwara mandir or mosque. all are one's personal choice. so when we talk about a nation we need to keep aside personal things aside and think about the policies and dictation which govern it and the corruption that is in it which is making a nation imperfect as we all can see.

14. SinghSher1984

Now, read your own post three times. :)

Cheers,

Read what a nation is. See book civil war 2 America,

Political ideology covers three things:

The ideal or method of worship
    Conduct between members
    Conduct between outsiders.

Trying to regulate any is laughable and ineffective.

Edit - You know what a bhujanghi is right? Anyway, these are bad topics to discuss. Now is not time, and forum is not method.

15. agentperry

so you are saying khalistan should be made out of india consisting of sikhs who are betrayed, troubled and tortured at the hands of hindus of india???

16. SinghSher1984

I'm not saying that, you are. I wouldn't disagree, but without vision how would it not be run by Badal or require a civil war plus war with Pakistan to settle itself?

I'm not going to get dfi in trouble. ;)

What will happen, will happen.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |
    Politics is not something you talk with strangers, my friend. - edit you can be RAW.

17. agentperry

you are trying to be too vague. kindly shed some more light on you expectation with future.

18. SinghSher1984

I am not a seer or god what I think of future doesn't matter.

What me or anyone else will do, is unknown so it cannot be discussed.

Says, humble servant of ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ.

Edit - Right?

19. agentperry

thats why i asked about your expectations and not planning for the future.

anyway leave it.

but i feel that all the parties to this indian nation feels that time and again they were left cheated, be it minority appeasement when it comes to hindus, babri masjid when it comes to muslims, op bluestar when it comes to sikhs, forced conversion when it comes to christians, non recognition of faith when it comes to jains.

so your story is everyones story. one should look into setting the things in order rather than settling the score.
    this is again my thinking. everyone reserves a right to think independently

cheers :)

20. SinghSher1984

That is true, but an Indian government that functions using a largely British system and British statutes, is well not Indian.

Settling the score is easy, being able to see past the game is more important. Even if the result needed is the same.

Good talking though brother or sister, I just won't say too much here due to the trolls you see.

Expectations are based on actions my political views are based on dasam, adi, and sarbloh granth sahib that is all.

If you see tisarpanth.blogspot.com they show many historical viewpoints and books.

Suraj Prakash or Prem Sumarag granth will peel back many layers. Google panch khalsa diwan to see why I am against British system.

They funded a traitor with a press and school to change all of us; as, we are all connected. One bad for one, is bad for all.

Edit - there is also difference in settling score and paying back debt. One is essential, other is preference. In order for a turban to be clean, its debts have to be fulfilled.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  21. agentperry

so what is actually the game? i think power grab is the game and is played by all. unfortunately the common man who had vested his entire fortune and fate on people he thinks will come and change this dirty game altogether is on losing side. he should have played tricks to get maximum for him. the government which is like a mist, cannot be seen or gauged as some definite entity is to be blamed, rather we all end up blaming the nation or some community for all our ills.

i recall qoute of mother teresa which means we can only start loving when we drop bias. i think the people of this country be it north indian, south indian, dfite or brfite should drop bias and actually work rather than pointing fingers