Small arms of India

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Well, you misunderstood the point i said before, Army find kalantak recoil heavy compare to 9mm carbine, But was fine with Galil Ace of similar config for SF usage ..

Anyway,then what do you think about Kalantak and its alleged issues such as high recoil ? What could be behind that?

deejai

Oh my bad,I guess i need some revision on my knowledge and understanding of firearms.

Anyway,then what do you think about Kalantak and its alleged issues such as high recoil ? What could be behind that?

As for AK-105,even that weapon has the similar 'muzzle booster' device as AKS-74U,so my question is does it also has problem of undergasing without that muzzle booster device?
In my experience the AK-105 doesn't have an issue with being undergassed. It'll function fine without a booster in normal use. The 105 has a longer barrel so it's booster can be 30% smaller than the one on the AK74su. The booster was added as an insurance so that the 105 will always be reliable when it's fouled up from alot of full auto shooting. This is important because the 105 was made with special forces in mind and they run their guns hot and dirty all the time. The 105 is really popular and widely used by Spetsnaz. The AK74SU won't even go through a whole magazine in full auto if it wasnt equipped with a booster.

On the Kalantak, Im not too familiar with it or Indian small arms development since Im an American. Im just a casual defenseindiaforum reader. I don't know enough about the Kalantak to give and opinion. However high recoil is a vague reason without going into more detail about how they defined and measured recoil.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
these are Made in India AK copies named Ghatak

I stand corrected brother,those are upgraded AKs,not Ghatak.

Have a look on this post by @Gessler.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/small-arms-of-india.50038/page-38#post-1264610

Also,go through past four-five pages of this thread,there're a lot of pictures of upgraded AKs there.

Those Adjustable Buttstocks,Rails Dust Covers and Front Quad-Rail Handguards are from FAB Defense.
for more info,have a look on their website at
- for Buttstocks https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-ak47-74-vz58-buttstocks.html
- for Rail Dust Cover and Quad-Rail Front Handguards https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-rail-systems-and-mounting-solutions.html

You can also visit this dedicated thread on Ghatak,where Kunal Dada had posted some exotic images of it (Also,it's the thread where i posted my very first post on this forum :biggrin2:).
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ghatak-assault-rifle-in-person-review.77639/

to put it simply,

This is not Ghatak.

This is Ghatak (Though aunty thinks it's a broomstick :crazy:)

sbm

Country flag
Oh boy. Love it!. Ask yourself this - has the equipment of the average constable improved since then?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

Sten is still in use in Punjab, Saw it recently used by some body guards of some local VIP ..
+1 for Kukri.

Yes,Both Sten and Sterling are in service with Gujarat Police,too.

Have seen them in various occasions such as Rath Yatra,board exams,in hands of poling booth security personnel etc.

Kchontha

Country flag
Both the 9mm carbines(sterling and sten) issued to various units of IA, paramilitary and state police forces should be replaced by either amogh carbine or MSMC/jvpc.

aditya g

Country flag
Oh boy. Love it!. Ask yourself this - has the equipment of the average constable improved since then?
Well the average constable need not be armed at all. The time tested lath is more than what the average cop in my city here is equipped with.

I understand where you are coming to, but just want to make the point that not each cop needs to be armed.

On other equipment like clothing, tasers, torches etc

sbm

Country flag
Well the average constable need not be armed at all. The time tested lath is more than what the average cop in my city here is equipped with.

I understand where you are coming to, but just want to make the point that not each cop needs to be armed.

On other equipment like clothing, tasers, torches etc
Here's the thing - constables end up being the first responders to any kind of violent incident (even a terror strike), Some degree of lethal armament might be useful. I understand and once shared your position (in my country cops weren't fully armed until August 1990) but perhaps it can be reconsidered.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The Browning Hi-Power, or P35, is one of the worlds most recognizable and respected 9mm handguns. Designed in the 1930's, the HiPower would become one of the most influential designs of the 20th Century. I take out two early Browning HiPowers for a little fun and bring you guys along.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles