Sleep sound for a healthy lifestyle

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
[h=1]Sleep sound for a healthy lifestyle[/h]
We all know the benefits of sleep. For a better you - physiologically and psychologically - sleep is the best treatment.
Studies have shown that sleep, besides keeping you fit, also improves your productivity at work, makes you efficient. We are in a fast age where we brag about how we can survive with little or no sleep. However, doctors say, this condition would adversely affect health in the long run. Remember it's the body that knows and decides how much rest it needs and not you. Being fit physically is definitely not in the mind because after a point, it shows on you in the form of dark circles, fatigue, irritability and lethargy. Hence, 8 hours of sleep is a must to keep your balance.

:namaste:

We know many of us don't follow this rule..
Including me sometimes, But we must..

Sleep sound for a healthy lifestyle - Times Of India

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sleep recharges our batteries, plugging us into the socket of bodily rejuvenation for seven or eight hours a night to get us back on our feet and ready to go the next day .With life in this modern era being more stressful/busy than ever, it is no wonder that people now have trouble resting

communismforindia

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sleep is a mechanism used by our body to enhance the repairing of our body as well as our brain.... Research has shown that brain development happens at the fastest rate when we are in deep sleep (called REM sleep). Yeah, so for proper development , rest of 8-9 hours is important

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Some members (including me) have reversed biological clocks..they remain awake at night ..go to bed at dawn...and get up late....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The reverse biological clock is bad, Its really hard to get back on track, Sometime one have to awake all day and night to get a proper sleep next night..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Some members (including me) have reversed biological clocks..they remain awake at night ..go to bed at dawn...and get up late....
Screws up everything. I remember when I worked in AOL and did night shift. Could hardly sleep through the day. Digestive system got messed up. All in all a total mess. Even when I don't get adequate sleep for any reason like work or functions at home or outside I catch a cold (strange but yes) and also my system gets upset. No pressure develops, can't eat!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles