Sita Sudhakar as spritual painter

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Samar Rathi, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Samar Rathi

Samar Rathi Regular Member

May 11, 2013
    Artist Statement :
    I grew up in a religious family and this helped me develop interest in Hindu mythology. Folklore of India and Hindu mythological stories has been a source of inspiration to me. Having spent time in different parts of the country and experienced the different cultures has also had its influence. I am grateful to my Guru Shri Tapanchandra Bhowmick for his guidance on the fine aspects of Paintings.

Sketching and painting transformed to a full time occupation when I found a creative energy long back. My skills had developed to an extent where I could convey my ideas and visions in a very self-gratifying manner. Most of my work focuses on Lord Ganesha, Shiva, Women and Nature. The depiction, message and stylistic content of my paintings are based on visions and ideas I get as I continue my experience of spiritual unity with the Lord.

The fine strokes sketches are something that I take pride in what is specially striking is the background of each sketches. Each sketches intricate background contrast starkly, which the depiction of Lord, object, women and nature.

2012 : "ANANDA TANDAVAM", State of Art Gallary, Hyderabad
    2007 : "KRITI & PRAKRUTI", Hauz-Khas Village, New Delhi
    2006 : "KRITI & AKRITI" – Solo exhibition of paintings on Poems in November, State Art Gallery, Hyderabad
    2006 : "SHRISTI", State Art Gallery, Hyderabad
    2003 : "GANESHA", California San Jose
    2001 : "Strings" , Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
    2001 : "Expression", AIFACS, New Delhi
    1999 : "Harmony", at Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
    1998 : "Inspirations", Hampstead, London
    1996 : "Ganesha", Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi

Link : Gallery: