Sisters in arms: Pakistan Army honours women serving in armed forces

Neo

Sisters in arms: Pakistan Army honours women serving in armed forces

By Web Desk
Published: August 24, 2015

PHOTO: ISPR

Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) released a video honouring women serving in the armed forces.

The video features brave daughters of the country who have broken stereotypes to work alongside their male counterparts, keeping Pakistan safe.

Read: Women make up less than 1% of Pakistan’s police force: report

“Pakistan is my country and I was born here, I was raised here and I think there is no match to Pakistan to anywhere in the world,” said Brigadier Nigar Johar, Deputy Commandant, CMH Rawalpindi.

“Think of all those Islamic states, think of all those developing nations, this is the only country which has had female general officers. No one else,” she continued.

Brigadier Nigar Johar, Deputy Commandant, CMH Rawalpindi

Speaking about Pakistani women, a female aeronautical engineer, who works on different systems of the aircraft said, “Pakistani women are hard, they are brave, they are strong”.

“Terrorist before self, and country before anything else. This is my country, this my place, these are my people,” she added.

Another female officer spoke about the kind of work she does in the Pakistan Army, saying,”We get bombing missions. I find those interesting”.

Major Wajiha Arshad, Grade 2 ISPR

Major Wajiha Arshad, Grade 2 ISPR remarked, “I was trained how to hold different kinds of guns and rifles and small pistols and all that.”

Speaking about what it is like for a woman to work in the Pakistan Army, an army officer belonging to the education department said, “It is the easiest to work, being a female, in Pakistan.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/943777/...n-army-honours-women-serving-in-armed-forces/

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles