Singh's Japan stop was first step to shoring up regional security

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
And the pet doggie of China has spoken..:lol:. Always knew that our commies were a bunch of backless slaves of CCP now that USSR is broken. Remember in 1962, these traitors supported Chinese stand rather than their motherland. UNSC is a dying council; We already have powerful friends in that group: Russia, France and UK. Even though it grants special abilities to have the position ourselves, but if we have smarter and more patriotic politicians, even this "contacts" factor in UNSC can work in our favor.

Our relationship with Japanese is far more important than a bunch of paranoid Communists holding their country hostage and having a say only in countries like Pakistan and North Korea.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Will China accept to settle this issue if it assures that it will leave Dali Lama alone and not jail him if he returns to Tibet? If so we can settle that issue and move on, or would china still be paranoid to have the Dali Lama back in Tibet?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Will China accept to settle this issue if it assures that it will leave Dali Lama alone and not jail him if he returns to Tibet? If so we can settle that issue and move on, or would china still be paranoid to have the Dali Lama back in Tibet?
To China, it is not just the current His Holiness Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso) that is a threat but the very position of our great spiritual leader in title and institution. Because we and mainly the Tibetans follow our way of life i.e. Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism which is not compliant with the man-made artificial Communist policies where CCP leaders are gods, HH will always remain a threat to these paranoid Communists.

Why do you think everything is censored, doctored, propagated to aggressively when needed? Because of CCP's insecurity that it shall lose power.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Relationship with Japan is more important. I think at least.
I second that.

Relationship and if situation demands an alliance with Japan is in the long term interest of India as Japan and India are the only two countries capable of challenging the Chinese hegemony in Asia.

Moreover the Japanese have billions lined up for infra development in India and we should not forget that.

The CCP is doing the Divide and Conquer policy and we should not fall into the trap.

And the Commie bootlickers in India must just STFU at the first instance and concentrate ruling Tripura.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
UNSC is a dying council; We already have powerful friends in that group: Russia, France and UK.
I'd rather keep UK out of it. Their words and deeds have no harmony. Their actions and accommodation of radicalized groups suggests poorly.

Regards,
Virendra

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I'd rather keep UK out of it. Their words and deeds have no harmony. Their actions and accommodation of radicalized groups suggests poorly.

Regards,
Virendra
I agree. With their bullshit rights talk for terrorists hidden inside their country and their zilch status as a significant global power any longer makes their position secondary to the other two powers. OTOH France and Russia retain their independent stand.

Sorry Lapdog-of-Chinese-Yechury, you can go and tell your masters that we're not doing anything to part ways with our long term friends the Japanese. Hail India-Japan relationship against CCP.

Iamanidiot

I heard you can treat Yechury a peg and you can get him to say what you want.
A "you know" orifice to Yechury can get you a billion dollar government contract also.Karat is a man of integrity though a commie.Yusuf do you know that because of Karat the UPA government did not meddle with the banking sector and that was the reason India's arse was saved during the 2008-2010 recession.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A "you know" orifice to Yechury can get you a billion dollar government contract also.Karat is a man of integrity though a commie.Yusuf do you know that because of Karat the UPA government did not meddle with the banking sector and that was the reason India's arse was saved during the 2008-2010 recession.
Karat may be a man of integrity, but is a political fool. He can have impeccable integrity as he does not have to fight elections. Lol!!

I don't think there was any intention to meddle with the banking sector. Even if there was, it was the black money that saved India and not anything else.

kickok1975

China has nothing to lose had India decide not taking China's advice and still stick with Japan. It's just business as usual. China should have no problem to endorse India's ambition to get seat if India go alone with its bidding. China and India share more common ground than difference and current 5 are dominated by developed country. By adding India into Security Council will definitely increase the weight of developing countries as well as "BRIC"
India can continue playing its geo game but I don't think she can gain too much from Japan. Japan is an increasingly decline country with ailing population and constant natural disaster. With Japanese economy deeply tied to China and stagnant, Japan is losing its teeth to challenge China and will have less in near future. Japan will be a chess piece of US to contain China at most and China could care less.
Back to India, a good relationship with China probably benefit India most considering China is India's largest trade partner and has significant influence to India's foe: Pakistan. China and India also share lots of common interest in world stage as developing countries. However, it's up to India to decide where she wants to go: To play with formal colony countries against China with backfire later or look forward to a long term relationship.

kickok1975

So the Chinese hate the Japs more than they hate us! Wow..
What hate? It's rather common sense. It's just not in China's or maybe most developing countries interest to add Japan into Security Council because Japan is only a puppet state of US and just do what US told her to do. What's point of supporting Japan?

Last edited:

amitkriit

China is trying to make us friend-less. A friend-less India is more vulnerable than an India without the UNSC permanent seat. UNSC seat doesn't necessarily reflect India's present global status.

niharjhatn

It's unbelievable that an Indian, even a commie would consider souring our relations for one of our few supporters in Asia - a nation whose relations stretch beyond what has been happening in the last few years, and stretches back to the flood of Buddhism through the East...

I quote from an interview of Swami Vivekananda:
"What did you see in Japan, and is there any chance of India following in the progressive steps of Japan?"

"None whatever, until all the three hundred millions of India combine together as a whole nation. The world has never seen such a patriotic and artistic race as the Japanese, and one special feature about them is this that while in Europe and elsewhere Art generally goes with dirt, Japanese Art is Art plus absolute cleanliness. I would wish that every one of our young men could visit Japan once at least in his lifetime. It is very easy to go there. The Japanese think that everything Hindu is great and believe that India is a holy land. Japanese Buddhism is entirely different from what you see in Ceylon. It is the same as Vedanta. It is positive and theistic Buddhism, not the negative atheistic Buddhism of Ceylon.

pmaitra

Pressure is at its place and has to be applied as and when necessary. Give back in kind if you ever receive a handful. Thats not a problem, we can be that bit mean to protect our interests.
But I don't know who is the greater sinner or the saint. And in geo politics, one doesn't care. Its between China and Japan to sort out.
My point is, Chinese grudges with Japan should not dictate how India goes about achieving its foreign policy goals such as UNSC and relations with Japan.
We don't choose our allies like that.
In this kind of world, there is no way that you could part ways from any country. Hell we can't part ways from Pakistan even when we want to (talks back on track), Japan is a long shot to even think about.
Apropos the question of greater sinner, it is PRC, no doubt. One should notice that PRC is our neighbour.

Even Japan has difficult relationships with PRC, Korea (North and South) and Russia, all her neighbours.

What we need to evaluate is whether free N-trade is more important or the UNSC seat. When interests coincide, India and PRC join hands together. The same thing could happen with Japan.

PM, Indias relations with Japan cannot be looked only from the prism of NSG. we are looking at a formation of either explicit or implicit alliance with US heading it against China. I think the centrality of the US will then take care of our NSG concerns as also the formation of this alliance.
This could be an attempt by PRC to try and scuttle this 'alliance' that is forming involving India, Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan and US.

Of these countries, US has the political muscle do a lot of things which the others cannot. We have to remain friends with them. Japan, is a very ambivalent country as far as India is concerned. Taiwan, well, they even claim more Indian territory than what PRC does.

IMHO, we need to concentrate on building our economy and defenses as quickly as possible, as the following post says:

Well it is like this Right Now India cant claim to be more powerful than Britain and France

SO India cant say that right now India deserves a place ahead of UK and France

If India keeps up with its economic , military and technological progress then in 20 years India will be a a BIG power

It doesnt matter whether you are in or out of the security council

What matters is power , When we are a big power then only we can OPENLY SAY that there are weaker nations than India in the UNSC

So for the next 20 years India should focus on BECOMING a big power rather than expecting a favour from US

Country flag
China has made some great diplomatic moves against India in NSG and UNSC. Dividing and conquering and protecting their interests.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Moreover the Japanese have billions lined up for infra development in India and we should not forget that.
I was thinking about this too.

Like this..

They are funding 70+% out of 90 Billion in this project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles