Singer Whitney Houston dies

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Singer Whitney Houston dies

Grammy Award-winning singer and actress Whitney Houston has died at age 48, a family spokesman said on Saturday.

"Unfortunately it is true," the spokesman said.

Houston, inspired by soul singers in her New Jersey family, including mother Cissy Houston and cousins Dionne Warwick and the late Dee Dee Warwick, as well as her godmother Aretha Franklin, became one of the most celebrated female singers of all time, taking multiple Emmy, Grammy and Billboard Music awards.

Her popularity soared in the 1980s and 1990s with consecutive No. 1 hits including the smash single "I Will Always Love You," from the soundtrack of the feature film "The Bodyguard," in which she starred. The soundtrack won the 1994 Grammy for Album of the Year.

Singer Whitney Houston dies|Music|chinadaily.com.cn

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Whitney Houston Leaves Club With Blood Dripping Down Her Leg

Whitney Houston hasnʼt hit a red carpet in over a year, but last night she actually performed at a pre-Grammy party. She was acting and looking like a hot mess!!

Her performance at the pre-Grammy Party at TruHollywood was a hit, but afterwards it all went downhill.

When she left the club, she seemed disoriented and angry and had blood dripping down her leg and scratch marks on her wrists. She looked disheveled and appeared to be shouting and pointing at someone as she was led out of the nightclub by a few concerned-looking friends.

Whitney seemed to be intoxicated or using other substances as she stumbled to her waiting car. But as soon as she got in the backseat, she pretty much immediately calmed down"¦and then passed out.

We are happy to see Whitney back out in the scene, even if she is acting crazy. Cause, I'll admit it, it's a lot more fun to watch!

Whitney Houston Leaves Club With Blood Dripping Down Her Leg | Z6Mag

Blackwater

its always been the case. unfortunately all the celebrities around the world, die with sad and painful deaths,, money cant buy love and family and more over happyness

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Whitney was married to singer Bobby Brown, who used to beat her up regularly. His biggest hit was "It's My Prerogative."

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Separate thread for that? We are discussing that in the Chat thread.

She was a very shy girl and she tried to self medicate her self with drugs and liquor. Guess it did not work out for her.

amoy

I will always love u - by Whitney Huston - the only song I know of hers

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Battle Hymn of the Republic

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
To handle 40minutes of stage pressure by taking Cocaine and Liquor she gave up 40years of her life. I hope it was worth it!!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I didn't know you guys are a bunch of romantics! RIP to her. She had a very rare voice and a pretty face to boot, tragic for dying relatively young...

pmaitra

She was a very talented and attractive woman.

Unfortunately, all these entertainer end up into drug related nonsense. Examples I can think of, off the bat, are Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson, Eminem, Whitney Houston ... the list is long!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I guess a lot of them are immature people. They can't seem to rise above the daily hysteria of being a celebrity, they complain about it, feel boxed in, alienated,, etc. But what do they expect? For sure they won't get paid that much for just singing or acting in front of camera then expect that they can live normal lives afterwards. They must understand that public attention is the essence of their profession and they must take it professionally. They must approach their profession rationally, they must grow up or they'll die young.

Blackwater

Whitney was married to singer Bobby Brown, who used to beat her up regularly. His biggest hit was "It's My Prerogative."

He is bobby black not brown lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Global Defence

New threads

Articles