Sikular Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Kaalapani, Jun 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaalapani

Kaalapani Tihar Jail Banned

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...12-quota-for-Muslims/articleshow/36509995.cms

HYDERABAD: Telangana chief minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on Friday reiterated his government's commitment to ensure 12% each reservation for minorities and tribals in education and jobs. "I know there are legal hurdles. However, I am confident we can achieve it,'' he told the state assembly while referring to 50% cap on reservations.

Replying to the debate on the motion of thanks to the governor's address in the assembly, Rao said 80 per cent of the population of the new state consists of BC, SC/ST and minority communities, hence they needed more reservations.

"Tamil Nadu has ensured 69% reservation while in Karnataka, it is over 50%. I will take an all-party delegation to Delhi and convince the Centre to allow us to have reservation on the lines of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka,'' he said.

Former chief minister the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy had proposed five per cent quota for minorities. But the Supreme Court brought it down by one per cent. This is being implemented in the state pending final outcome of the ongoing case before the court.

Rao's proposal has many leaders of his Telangana Rashtra Samithi skeptical whether it would work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post news about our faku seculars who can do any thing for votes.

3. Twinblade

Twinblade Senior Member Senior Member

4. ITBP

ITBP Regular Member

Voldemort likes this.
  5. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Thread closed

Twinblade and jackprince like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.