Sidhu Moves to AAP

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Seems like a pretty big shock to BJP. Now BJP can play "udta Punjab" with its current partners i.e. Akalis.

3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

This seems totally fked up. I mean, I have been reading tweets from some people with some insider info, they say Sikhs believe BJP untouchable because BJP preaches Hindu Nationalism and that's because 1984 Hindu-Sikh clashes, which was handled by Congress. BJP-SAD alliance won't be broken because it's a confidence between Hindu and Sikhs and it will increase foot hold of Khalistanis in Punjab if alliance is broken as SAD is the only thing keeping these radicals out of the Punjab. Is this true?
    BJP could have easily stopped this from happening by breaking ties with SAD but looks like they want to lose election for the larger cause. Is it believable?
    AAP is clearly backed by Khalistani funds from Canada and AAP in Punjab will increase Khalistani foothold, how would SAD BJP stop it? Something's hidden. Can someone here shad some light on the matter and what's cooking in Punjab?

4. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

I only have hope against hope that Sidhu is actually a trojan.

OneGrimPilgrim, A chauhan and raja696 like this.
  5. VIP

Siddhu is not fit in AAP, he is a torch bearer of Nationalism and AAP is clearly having back up of Khalistanis, see their campaign in Canada.
    I don't think Siddhu is a Trojan as he has been neglected for so long by BJP because of SAD. Well, we'll see what happe, we can only hope Congress does better than expected in Punjab.

parijataka and A chauhan like this.
  6. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

May not be shock was expected .Between a section of RW thinks had BJP broke relation with akali they could fight election under sidhu leadership and gave better fight

Seriously a state where BJP fights only on 23 seats total out of 117 wins only 12 in last election(down from 17 in 2007) and in such 10 years of anti-incumbency you think Sidhu had done wonders

Even sidhu would not fight from BJP even if offered CM ship.I think its sudden offer by AAP.AAP has lately done serious blunders in punjab.

Amit shah is on record stated it requires serious yeras of efforts to create both level workers and if elections are not fought for x years in certain constituency one cannot do wonders in just x-y months

And please donot compare SAD-BJP with BJP-Sivesena.

Sivsena has been in mahrashtra since 60 and has still not become pan-Maharsahtra level party , still is kokan centric party with major seats coming from kokan region of state

look at 2014 Maharashtra elections shouldn`t shivsena had won almost more seats then BJP.

BJP should prepare for total washout in those 23 setas that they fight since SAD would be concentrating on their seats this time.

And i really donot get this recent MP`s who wont to become CM without toilling in state,they want state to be delieverd in plate to them by state workers.

If sidhu really wanted to CM he should had worked as MLA should had toiled in punjab rather then begin MP.

For this i really appericate old gurads such Vilasrao deshkmuh , gopinath munde,and other old congress strongmens

Another eg is Varun gandhi has been MP for almost for more then 10 years but cannot gets BJP mla win in his constituency.Wons MP`s becuase of SP help and returns favour in assembly election

7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Think of it this way.

Sidhu goes to AAP. AAP destroys Akalis. Sidhu breaks half of AAP faction and allies back again with BJP.

8. anoop_mig25

Seriously what has come to BJP with hyper active PM and few other hou think ardworking ministers
    You think AKJ would allow that , he threw out founding members what would sindhu be

Sidhu wont be allowed to become larger figure then AKJ in app (punjab).

AKJ has become cult figure of AAP . AAP is nothing without AKJ.

Most of AAP mla would be decided by AKJ then sidhu .they would be loyal to AKJ then sidhu

9. anoop_mig25

A section of RW on net think BJP would win punjab without SAD.

Such are fools without analyzing data on ground

BJP-SAD would loose everybody knows that .

Point to wonder how would win AAP or congress

Even some congress are more interested for win of AAP then congress.

Would have respected sidhu if he would fought under BJP when situation is against BJP rather then jumping from sinking ship.

But i only forget he too is Human

Captain goes down with ship rather then jumping from ship.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    parijataka likes this.
  10. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

BJP cant win, because Sikhs hate hindus ruling punjab. They hate RSS , even more than congress.
    Same hate trickles down to BJP.

BJP should break away from Akali, consolidate hindu votes, low caste Sikhs, Beas devotees, sehajdharis and namdharis & play king maker in Punjab politics.

11. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

This is true most Punjabi Sikhs ( especially Jatts) hate Hindus. Although i like Majhabi Sikhs, they are not as arrogant as Jaat Sikh.

Hindus alone 38% ~ in Punjab.

AnantS likes this.
  12. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

they just need to wait and watch. Pretty soon Punjab will be Hindu dominated because Sikhs have lower TFR.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  13. VIP

That will cause the rise of Khalistani movement in Punjab again, BJP can't break away from SAD, it's SAD needs to revive or Congress should come, AAP is bringing radicals back anyway.

14. AnantS

sorry Sakal places vacated by sikhs & hindus is being rapidly filled up by poorbiya & bdee muslims.

15. VIP

That's the hope one can have as Siddhu should be the last candidate joining hands with Khalistani backed AAP. May be I'm overestimating siddhu's nationalism or may be something's seriously cooking there. Who's the resident of Punjab here?

16. AnantS

SAD and Congress both appease Khalis. BJP or no BJP, it has never deterred Akalis from appeasing Khalis

17. VIP

And what about conversion rate?

18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

No. My argument was based on fertility trends and not immigrants.

Sikhs are infected more by mementic disease of modernity.

19. VIP

Appeasement ia different thing and letting them thrive is different. BJP has face in Punjab because it's in alliance with SAD, that's what many are saying on Twitter. BJP could have easily thrived in Hindu dominated areas but it never let its leaders from Punjab go beyond their constituency.

20. AnantS

Nope! Akalis could have have nipped in the bud any Khali sentiments. However they nurtured it as a playing card for later use. Khali is simmering underneath. Sidhu is right in a way, Punjab BJP people were mistreated(even spanked) by Akalis. Local Punjabi BJP's long demand to separate form Akalis, has been ignored by central BJP leadership. As I said this act has costed BJP more, even Hindu votes. Na ghar ke na ghat ke.

21. AnantS

Even Hindus have low fertility rate in Punjab. Hindus mostly are concentrated in cities. Dont discount immigration, that is going to be a flashpoint in future.(Well some trailers of it were already released in Industrial town of Ludhiana)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Sakal Gharelu Ustad likes this.