Should we be more considerate towards our foreign members??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Although this is an Indian forum, there are many foreigners on this forum as well, and hence obviously they sometimes tend to disagree with Indian members which sometimes leads to troll fights and people getting banned too.

Although I am not a mod and have no right to give any advice to them, I was just thinking, shouldn't we think twice before we ban any foreign member, they are our guests after all. I am not trying to say that give them immunity, but if we think from their angle, it should be quite hard for them also, being outnumbered beyond hope by so many indians in any discussion. These people bring diverse views, which is healthy for any discussion, and after all, the objective of any mod is to keep the forum clean and healthy, delete the inappropriate posts, but refrain from banning the poster. Please give your views.

Someone said- "Hate the sin, but not the sinner."

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Have you ever been to foreign forms on how inconsiderate they are towards developing nations? In that case we are far far to kind.

This is the reason i am rude towards foreign members, when they dont cut us any slack even if they are wrong on any issues and blindly thump their chest on racial or jingo lines then i am right in doing the same thing in an indian forum. This is were fellow members mistake me for being a raciest or rude, i am only trying to pay them back with their own coin. Offcourse they wont like it but isnt it a christian saying "do on to others as you would like them to do on to you'? I am doing on to others as they will wish to do on to me in their forums.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Heh - a few days back we had a thread requesting to me more stern with foreign members. :heh:

Personally, I think the forum needs more foreign members - Pakistani as well as Chinese. But then, I think status quo is fine as far as moderation is concerned.

Let us look at statistics and facts. How many Chinese members have been banned in the last one month? I can think of only two, and that too temporary bans. Short ones - 2-3 days types.

And what about Pakis? Frankly, I have not seen a good Paki on this forum in the recent past. There was a "Paki nationalist" member we had who used to revel in speaking about dicks and cocks and assholes. I personally don't mind taking him on in language that he understands, but I don't know of any forum which will not ban such a user.

I don't think DFI is "harsh" on foreign posters in the first place. Statistically, it does not seem so.

pmaitra

Pakistani Nationalist was banned after he made about 6 posts with extremely vulgar language. He was warned many times but he did not relent.

Some of the Chinese members were banned for trolling and one of them, Nimo_Cn, was banned after he equated Naxalites with freedom fighters. However, it was not only because of that, but because of repeated trollings that he, along with some of his comrades, had done over a period of time.

JayATL and GK were banned because they were going into every thread and wrecking it out with ad hominems and expletives.

Other than Pakistani Nationalist, none of the others were permanent bans.

We want to treat everyone equally. We want to encourage participation of foreigners. As long as they do not pursue an anti-India agenda, they will be given an equal stage. We also don't want to lose foreign participants because we don't have many other than those from PRC. We also want to maintain a cordial atmosphere between members and unparliamentary language is bound to be edited out or deleted.

We all succumb to our emotions and passions, and I am no exception. However, if a person repeatedly displays disregard for the forum rules, he will face infraction or ban. Also, please note that each ban is a collective decision.

From my personal point of view, I think we need to ensure that we do not bring the issues of race into every single discussion, especially with westerners. This can make them defensive and reluctant to post. I would request every member to help maintain a cordial atmosphere.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I have said this before and will repeat it: DFI is tame compared to most internet forums. I joined last September and was surprised at some of the anti-Yank sentiment, but it didn't drive me away. (Sorry :wave:) As for how members should be treated, everybody should be equal, and I believe that is the case. Finally, my time on DFI is often the best part of my day. (Do I need a real life? :lol:)

Defcon 1

Country flag
Pakistani Nationalist was banned after he made about 6 posts with extremely vulgar language. He was warned many times but he did not relent.

Some of the Chinese members were banned for trolling and one of them, Nimo_Cn, was banned after he equated Naxalites with freedom fighters. However, it was not only because of that, but because of repeated trollings that he, along with some of his comrades, had done over a period of time.

JayATL and GK were banned because they were going into every thread and wrecking it out with ad hominems and expletives.

Other than Pakistani Nationalist, none of the others were permanent bans.

We want to treat everyone equally. We want to encourage participation of foreigners. As long as they do not pursue an anti-India agenda, they will be given an equal stage. We also don't want to lose foreign participants because we don't have many other than those from PRC. We also want to maintain a cordial atmosphere between members and unparliamentary language is bound to be edited out or deleted.

We all succumb to our emotions and passions, and I am no exception. However, if a person repeatedly displays disregard for the forum rules, he will face infraction or ban. Also, please note that each ban is a collective decision.

From my personal point of view, I think we need to ensure that we do not bring the issues of race into every single discussion, especially with westerners. This can make them defensive and reluctant to post. I would request every member to help maintain a cordial atmosphere.
thats exactly my point.......

Nimo_cn thinks naxalites are freedom fighters, who are we to say otherwise...It is true that naxal rising was due to genuine grievances of peasants, if someone thinks that they are freedom fighters, its his opinion, why ban him because of it....refute his point if you think he is incorrect, but till, he is not creating any trouble, he shouldn't be banned...

Don't know about other bans, about pakistanis, we should also understand that some of the threads on this forum were extremely stupid and hurtful for foreigners, like one titled "how to break and dismember pakistan".....sometimes members let off some steam when they are frustated....

Although I do support the opinion that rascists have no place on the forum.....

And to people talking about statistics, tell me how many foreigners are there here in the first place??

If u want to give statistics, compare the percentage of foreigners that have been banned to the number of indians that have been banned...I am sure the percentage of foreigners that have been banned is higher....And even if it is close, it is still no good, because they are our guests and we should be far more considerate towards them.

Adux

Country flag
This is not an International Forum, This is an Indian Forum. No, not all members are equal. What would be the position of a Islamic terrorist sympathizer, Non-aligned movement sympathizer or even a Commie sympathizer or even an Indian Sympathizer in lets World Affairs Board or in militaryphotos.net.

Cut down to size, will be the correct term. This is a forum, made for promoting Indian views and Indian interest. Ofcourse Foreigner's can say what they want, but with being sensitive to our perceptions. Malnourished Troops - a term called by a Chinese member on the Indian Armed Forces, cannot be accepted, and should be banned. A French member, ridiculing a Indian lives, Indian judiciary, Indian Armed Forces and Civil Authority even after being presented with clear facts repeatedly cannot be tolerated. It is this sort of Indian accomadation of clearly counter productive views and wishes of others, which one might even say even let this country be divided and ruled by several foreign powers. Indians look like fools and bootlickers , we have a history of that. I thought atleast after 1947, that it would have changed.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Nimo_cn thinks naxalites are freedom fighters, who are we to say otherwise...It is true that naxal rising was due to genuine grievances of peasants, if someone thinks that they are freedom fighters, its his opinion, why ban him because of it....refute his point if you think he is incorrect, but till, he is not creating any trouble, he shouldn't be banned...

Don't know about other bans, about pakistanis, we should also understand that some of the threads on this forum were extremely stupid and hurtful for foreigners, like one titled "how to break and dismember pakistan".....sometimes members let off some steam when they are frustated....

Although I do support the opinion that rascists have no place on the forum.....

And to people talking about statistics, tell me how many foreigners are there here in the first place??

If u want to give statistics, compare the percentage of foreigners that have been banned to the number of indians that have been banned...I am sure the percentage of foreigners that have been banned is higher....And even if it is close, it is still no good, because they are our guests and we should be far more considerate towards them.
OK - I find your point about the "dismember Pakistan" thread disgusting. :puke:

I've left a question for you on that thread:

http://defenceforumindia.com/pakist...-nuked-politically-sensibly-4.html#post426310

Why is it a troll topic?

Is it not of paramount importance that something be done about Pakistan? Breaking up Pakistan - at least actively working towards it - ought to be a prime aim of the Indian establishment. it should be one of India's prime objectives as a nation, in the next 10-15 years Covertly of course. Or do you believe that 'Aman ka tamasha' will solve everything?
Please tell me what's wrong in that thread?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You have no clue what your talking about do you? There was 5 or 6 members who where following JayaATL that day and blasting him. I did the least blasting, the only mistake i did was i did not see the warning of Ray posted at that thread, i was already posting and so i could not see the warning issued. For sure i had to pay the price, it was just bad luck.

Everyone here who there that day will testify, ask bangalorean. All members supported me and i am ok to leave this forum if Admins want me to but you be careful to what you say.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag

Nimo_cn thinks naxalites are freedom fighters, who are we to say otherwise
And you call yourself an Indian. Shameful. Why are you in a Defense Forum of india? I wonder what would have happened to this chap in BR. Supporting Maoism is against the law in India. I hope you are aware.

...It is true that naxal rising was due to genuine grievances of peasants, if someone thinks that they are freedom fighters, its his opinion, why ban him because of it....refute his point if you think he is incorrect, but till, he is not creating any trouble, he shouldn't be banned...
I simply dont understand what kind of world some people live in.
So it is ok for foreigner's to call Indian terorrist as Freedom Fighters, but not for Indians of this forum to call foreigner's for what they are,

If u want to give statistics, compare the percentage of foreigners that have been banned to the number of indians that have been banned...I am sure the percentage of foreigners that have been banned is higher....And even if it is close, it is still no good, because they are our guests and we should be far more considerate towards them
Why am I even bothered, You really need to shoot yourself. You are not doing this country or human evolution any good.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Defcon1: Your WKK tendency is not going to do any good.

I accept that we need to be as "good" as we possibly can, to the foreign visitors on this forum.

But frankly, suggesting that we should stop creating threads about how to "handle" Pakistan, is the height of stupidity. :crazy:

Paki forums have a lot of "hurtful" things about us too, which I don't like. Not saying that Paki forums should be our template - just mentioning a point...

Adux

Country flag
I think BR has a name for this idiot, Wagah Kandle Kisser, Bleeding Heart Liberal ( even liberals have brains). I am stumped.
He is like one of those idiotic Indians in PakistanDefenceForum, and they stay on over there even after being abused.

Defcon 1

Country flag
OK - I find your point about the "dismember Pakistan" thread disgusting. :puke:

I've left a question for you on that thread:

http://defenceforumindia.com/pakist...-nuked-politically-sensibly-4.html#post426310

Please tell me what's wrong in that thread?
The thing wrong in this thread is thinking that breaking up some other country should be the "prime aim of Indian establishment". If you don't think this is stupid, try discussing this in public, and by public I don't mean only your closest friends, discuss with more people and then you will understand how idiotic this idea of you sounds. This may seem logical to you, but most people won't agree with you. And think how would a pakistani member will feel when he sees a thread with this title, such frustated people are bound to let off some steam...It is totally like what pakis do on PDF, first they will provoke you, and then when u say something, their mods will ban you. We shouldn't fall to their level.

Adux

Country flag
I accept that we need to be as "good" as we possibly can, to the foreign visitors on this forum.
Agreed, but there has to be boundaries and red lines that cannot and should not be allowed to cross.

But frankly, suggesting that we should stop creating threads about how to "handle" Pakistan, is the height of stupidity. :crazy:
Oxygen Thief.
Paki forums have a lot of "hurtful" things about us too, which I don't like. Not saying that Paki forums should be our template - just mentioning a point...
We are a enemy country to Pakistan and China or is it very hard for people to understand.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The thing wrong in this thread is thinking that breaking up some other country should be the "prime aim of Indian establishment". If you don't think this is stupid, try discussing this in public, and by public I don't mean only your closest friends, discuss with more people and then you will understand how idiotic this idea of you sounds. This may seem logical to you, but most people won't agree with you. And think how would a pakistani member will feel when he sees a thread with this title, such frustated people are bound to let off some steam...It is totally like what pakis do on PDF, first they will provoke you, and then when u say something, their mods will ban you. We shouldn't fall to their level.
I mean - lets get real! A visiting Paki will be offended if a thread is created about how we should organize covert ops in Pakistan, how we should prepare for nuke warfare against Pakistan, how we should wage economic warfare against Pakistan... but you know what? All these are legitimate things that one can discuss in a defence forum, about a prime enemy nation,

If you take this away calling it "hurtful to Pakis", why have a forum for defence and geopolitical/geostrategic stuff?

pmaitra

You have no clue what your talking about do you? There was 5 or 6 members who where following JayaATL that day and blasting him. I did the least blasting, the only mistake i did was i did not see the warning of Ray posted at that thread, i was already posting and so i could not see the warning issued. For sure i had to pay the price, it was just bad luck.
Yet you saw JayATL's post and responded to it. This is not my opinion.

Everyone here who there that day will testify, ask bangalorean. All members supported me and i am ok to leave this forum if Admins want me to but you be careful to what you say.
I hear you man.

All right, what have you got regarding how we should treat foreign participants?

Defcon 1

Country flag
To those members, who think I am a complete idiot, I don't understand if I am a useless idiot, why are u even bothering to reply to my posts. Actually I think you are the guys who are abused on pakistani forum, because you have a tendency to reply to someone who is not interested in listening to you...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I mean - lets get real! A visiting Paki will be offended if a thread is created about how we should organize covert ops in Pakistan, how we should prepare for nuke warfare against Pakistan, how we should wage economic warfare against Pakistan... but you know what? All these are legitimate things that one can discuss in a defence forum, about a prime enemy nation,

If you take this away calling it "hurtful to Pakis", why have a forum for defence and geopolitical/geostrategic stuff?
Whatever next?

Is it haram to open a thread about how to de-nuke our prime enemy nation, Pakistan now?

It is haram to open a thread about how to wage economic warfare against our prime enemy nation, Pakistan?

It is haram to open a thread about how to destabilize our prime enemy nation, Pakistan?

What is so "stupid" about it?

Defcon 1

Country flag

Read that thread again, It wasn't discussing geopolitical issues or anything, it was discussing bedtime stories and trolling stuff......

Adux

Country flag
----SAKE PEOPLE!! This is the INDIAN and I repeat INDIAN DEFENSE FORUM. How humiliating is to even have this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles