should there be minimum qualification to be an MP or MLA?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by IndianPoliticalForum, Oct 1, 2011.

1. IndianPoliticalForum

IndianPoliticalForum Tihar Jail Banned

[h=2]should there be minimum qualification to be an MP or MLA?[/h][h=2][/h]
    To be selected as the member of parliament and the constitution does stipulate a basic minimum requirement.

with time the laws must be updated and reformed or else as we can see many do abuse the same loopholes in law and take advantage of it.

I want the representative of my nation , my locality , my state , my region to atleast be a person above repute.

WHATS SHOULD BE THE MINIMUM BASIC QUALIFICATION to be nominated/elected as the member of parliament . we dont want primary educated people taking decisions in a land of maximum postgraduates.

what do the ipf parliament say on this .

Find many more interesting topics. on Indian Political Forum.

sayareakd likes this.
  3. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

There ARE requirements, unfortunately, these rules are never implemented.
    If you have any criminal cases pending against you, don't rune for any office.

4. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

If they can have age limit to be a MP i don't see a problem in having minimum qualification to be an MP. But what are the qualifications you are asking for? Is it the number of years spent in social work? Degree in political science? There is no relation between having an educated bunch on MP's and growth. If that was the case MMS's government would have been great. But sadly educated MP's are better at giving educated excuses for their mistakes.

I think we need to abolish the age restriction as it does not make sense to stop someone to be part of the parliament because of their age. If anything there should be a retirement age.

5. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

educated or not a looter is a looter. In fact the educated looter can be more effective using his knowledge and exploit the loopholes in the system much better.

6. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

YSR was a doctor.
    It's the populace that should be well educated, if they have a tough watchdog, everything else falls in place.

7. agentperry

agentperry Senior Member Senior Member

setting up a requirement will stop those people who genuinely want to help nation but unfortunately couldnt climb up the academic ladder.

moreover its a saying pada likha admi gawar se jyada khatarnak hota hai
    (literate is more harmful than illiterate).

all this corruption because literate and people well versed in looting tactics( read playing with the loopholes in proceedings). eg our beloved educated class politician kapil sibal, pc, antony and raja

8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

This means nothing. Fake degrees can be obtained easily.

9. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

No simply we dont have equal development in Rural and urban area if we keep for eg PG graduation as the norm then in villages school and higher study college and university have not yet penetrated. And it's same for most academic qualifications i hope so unless there is equality in whole of INIDA in education it's not possible, but we may use SOCIAL WORK AND DEVELOPMENT carried out by the person who is about to stand for election.

10. The Messiah

Furthermore even some educated persons behave like wankers while some uneducated people are decent people.

This is not a black and white matter.

11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

How will the illiterates get their say?

Is it difficult to get a degree in India with cash?

12. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Rather than a degree I would prefer they have an entrance exams like college students do. :becky:

Nothing fancy. Just an IQ, aptitude and a basic general knowledge test, all under CCTVs conducted by the Election Commission.

:D

13. The Messiah

We should have few multiple choice question for voters aswell when they go to vote. there vote will only count if they pass.

many idiots also have right to vote. i think even prisoners can vote ?