Should the Indian Armed forces be loyal to the nation or to the govt ?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: Should the Indian Armed forces be loyal to the nation or to the go

they are for nation not for govt , pls let me know who is responsible for ill equipped force. Our force or govt.
Not trying to avoid answering your question, but do not Indian elected officials take an oath to defend Indian Constitution and
the country? So people who are the government should provide for effective defense of the country.

p2prada

I think this question should be asked to RAW rather than to the military.

arya

Country flag

I think this question should be asked to RAW rather than to the military.
well passing the responsibility . See in your eyes and tell me how pity is our conditions . World will laugh on us .

p2prada

well passing the responsibility . See in your eyes and tell me how pity is our conditions . World will laugh on us .
I am not passing any responsibility to anybody.

I can't see in my eyes.

I don't pity our condition.

I don't get your last statement.

shom

Guys today the condition is very bad for India we have two main external enemy china and Pakistan and more internal enemy

my question is "is force loyal to nation or govt?"

sometime force has to act and make some pressure on govt to act in favor of nation but in india, i am sorry to say, Indian officer are loyal to govt not nation

govt and nation are not the same thing

why our Indian force is forgetting their loyalty toward the nation

what you guys think

govt and nation are same thing or two different thing
With respect to you sir ,, I am utterly amazed that how can you ask such question while you are the citizen of world Largest Democracy. Our form of democracy is the best example of Government by the people, for the People. So you should know the decision of our Government is our decision and nothing else. If you are not happy with the decisions of our government you only have one and probably the best weapon known as voting to use. And moreoer in our form of governtment Army, Navy or Airforce has no right to go beyond government decisions. An educated forum like Defense Forum, I as a member dont expect such posts.

Spindrift

Neither, as per the oath they take they pledge their allegiance to the Constitution of Sovereign Republic of India.

shom

What is the wording of the oath Indian military personnel take? US military swears to defend constitution and obey superiors.
I (name) hereby solemnly affirm/ swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India, as by law established and that I will, as in duty bound honestly and faithfully, serve in the regular army/ air force/ navy of the Union of India and go wherever ordered, by land, sea or air, and that I will observe and obey all the commands of the President of the Union of India and the commands of any officer set above me, even to the peril of my life.
These are the exact wordings Sir.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

The Army has to be controlled by the government. Otherwise you are just another Pakistan.

arya

Country flag

The Army has to be controlled by the government. Otherwise you are just another Pakistan.
i hope you saw the news CBI give write in supreme court that they showed report to various department

that show in our country , our army,raw,cbi,ib all are for govt not for nation

they are doing all the things not just duty main job

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Who represents the Nation and the Constitution?

That should give the answer as to who the Armed Forces should be loyal to.

arya

Country flag

Who represents the Nation and the Constitution?

That should give the answer as to who the Armed Forces should be loyal to.
sir like to give few example : (duty for constitutions)

1 if i am army chief and i see army is not moving in forward directions we are not capable to protect the nation and govt is not listening us then i will go to high court or supreme court . ( that is duty )

2 if i am CBI top chair chief then i will follow supreme court guide line i will not show report at any cost ( that is duty)

3 if i will be RWA chife then i will make sure no mumabi attack , no way a pak army chief stayed night on Indian ground , how can a army enter 19 km inside ( thats duty )

work for constitution means work for every common Indian not for kongress party

i wish you are doing your job so that you can see your eyes in mirror with respect

Shirman

Country flag

I think Civil-military partnership should be of utmost importance to avoid any kind of coup against govt or taking over the country...........such happens only in those countries where armed forces feel in secured and power hungry in totally neglected civil societies..........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Even the politicians take oath to uphold the constitution of India. What matters is the constitution. This debate will always go on. Reminded of my school mate's speech again.

[video=youtube_share;dBM-ImyjSD0]http://youtu.be/dBM-ImyjSD0[/video]

I have posted this earlier somewhere but just being reminded of it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

i hope you saw the news CBI give write in supreme court that they showed report to various department

that show in our country , our army,raw,cbi,ib all are for govt not for nation

they are doing all the things not just duty main job
India is a democracy, so the government is selected by the nation. Unless you have some kind of voter fraud, it is by the people. I won't say for the people because babus are out for themselves, but they can be booted by the people which is a big difference to Pak military junta.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Indian Army is interest is what best for Our Nation..

People in Army knows what is right, That is why you people get news that Army does Object Government decisions and even bring them into lime light for there corruption charges in front of people..

If Indian Army today was a Mindless program to do what so ever Government orders, Then India`s MAP would not be the same what you see and teach your children today..

And People follow Courage..

FACT !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles