Should Indian Army have its Own Stryker concept ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
very dengerous idea of letting light skinned armour to lead on in front ,can lead to a man slaughter if caught in wrong position
Its use specifically in combine arm operation where Arty and Air-support are their, Just like Stryker concept..

The only difference is its Indian specific that is 4X4 version instead of 8x8..

give them this
with ATGM (manportable)
Read the First Post..

Under stand the concept and its use..

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Amphibious capable BTR-60 is my choice less tall, wider and lenghty then Stryker with mammoth tires and twin Engine. Data not available but I believe its center of gravity should be lower then that of Stryker complemented with bigger tires, it should be more capable for use in the mountain and swamps of NE region, J&K,Deserts of Rajeshtan. While in plain and peace time one engine can be turned off to save fuel, with upto 16 troops or even more (should be designed as per required). It could serve as a mini bus for Armoured troop movement, missile launch vehicle for air defense, ambulance, command post etc.

hitesh

smaller one
OHANNESBURG, South Africa, (UPI) -- The BAE Systems-South Africa has developed a purpose-built reconnaissance and utility vehicle that balances firepower, survivability and tactical mobility.

The RG35 RPU is a tactical 4X4 wheeled vehicle. Its reconnaissance variant can be equipped with light and medium turrets, as well as direct- and indirect-fire weapons, and can easily be modified to transport cargo, conduct routine patrols or be outfitted with cameras and other electronics for surveillance missions.

"No matter the mission, ensuring that troops make it to and from their home base safely is paramount," said Chris Chambers, vice president and general manager of BAE Systems' Tactical Wheeled Vehicles business.

"With the RG35 RPU, we've developed a unique armor protected capsule, integrating decades of expertise and experience that we call the 'crew citadel.' It is designed to shield troops inside the vehicle from mine blasts, road side bombs and gunfire while ensuring they can fulfill their missions effectively."

The company said the RG35 is an open architecture fit for many applications and is being adapted to suit the Canadian Tactical Armored Patrol Vehicle program.

The RG35 RPU is about 17 feet long, 8.5 feet wide and about 8 feet high. It seats 10 people, including the driver.

hitesh

Light armored vehicle capable of combat operations in low intensity, the performance of the tasks of exploration and use in tactical operations outside area. The VBL 4X4 is intended for the completion of the total organic cavalry regiments (function RSTA), aircraft and infantry Alpine / paratrooper from 2001. Particularly in view of the role of "scout" the intended rate of these vehicles, the same will be provided to be equipped with a system of command and control platform with multi-sensor navigation on boom

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
why couldnt we convert those nissan 1 tonn trucks into these light strike vehicles?but i doubt the success of these light strke vehicles coz we doesn't have a dedicated air assault group like USA.....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Hitesh
None of your subjects meet the requirements, Read what i posted on page 1..

Thread is going off topic..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

BMP-3 turret would be gr8 for both MGS and as a fire support vehicle..

100MM medium pressure gun with ATGM and a 30mm cannon serve duel purpose of a MGS and a fire-support vehicle..

In that scene:

1. Fire-support vehicle
2. Mortar carrier
3. ARV
4. Ambulance
5. Command vehicle..

debasree

Country flag
My idea is we should abolish infantry div and tranformed it into mechanised div or motirised rifle div as in future speed and fire power will be the key to win any war

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My idea is we should abolish infantry div and tranformed it into mechanised div or motirised rifle div as in future speed and fire power will be the key to win any war
@Dabasree,
Infantry is most important accets in any land warfare, Simple Infantry can fight in jungle & Mountain, Here is where most wars are fought,

I have given u a chart of IA structure

Study it, You will find each corp have AD/ARTY/ARMOUR/ infantry as a combine force, Here a Infantry div unit is attached with a Armour div & Arty so does AD, In war they are working together as a single force, Hence you dont need to convert all, Mech Units dont carry all Infantry gear coz they depend on the vehicle, Where Normal infantry is flexible and faster with given trucks..

Under right protection normal Infantry mobilize faster than a Mech Inf with Armour..

Mech and Armour need huge logestics, Also cost million to keep them operational where a Infantry Unit takes a fraction of that amount to be functional and battle ready and very efficient with other branches..

Infantry is all amount fast, flexible, improvise and lightning with correct hardware and training..

The force i am visualizing will give IA a edge also solve many problems..

1. The force will be lighter and far better mobile..
2. Low operational cost compare to BMP and TANKS..
3. Give much flexibility and wide range of possibility in a war doctrine..
4. High efficiency compare to regular infantry in other word Light Mech Infantry capable of going anywhere..
5. It will fill the gaps in IA commands lacking Mech Units in many corps, Some did not posses coz the thinkng its heavy and expensive also not much mobile, This force will change that thinking..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some Pics of Operations:
cadillac gage commando:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles