Should India trust Muslim nations?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by genius, Dec 7, 2014.

1. genius

genius Regular Member

I am of the view that India should have friendly relations with all nations, including Muslim nations.

But my friend says that Muslim nations have never supported India politically, even though India buys oil from them. He says India is better off doing business with other oil-rich nations and not depend too much on the ME.

My question, is this true? If so, why can't India invest more in Latin America or Russia instead of the ME? What's stopping them? Also is it true that Muslim nations, generally speaking, support Pakistan and not India? I thought countries like Iran, Iraq, Qatar, etc. were traditionally India-friendly. Is this just an exaggeration to defame Muslim nations, or is there truth in this?

I don't want this thread to degenerate into name calling or Islamophobia. Please be civil, thanks.

3. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

forget muslims nation India should trust none

as famously said "there are not permanent friends but but permanent interests "

on topic Iran-qutar where mostly netural in indo-pak conflict

4. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

May be peace be upon Muslim Nations :)

As regards to India we have different aspirations development rather than subjugation of non believers.

5. Simple_Guy

Simple_Guy Regular Member

Why is this foreign policy topic opened in the Indian Politics & Society forum?

Is it because pakistanis have not been able to forge a separate identity, and consider themselves merely spokespersons of "Muslims" in India?

And why ISIS-ka-abbujaan is allowed to create threads without links to actual news stories?

6. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

India has good relations with Iran and Oman.

When it comes to trusting these nations , it is proven that these nations are trust worthy in the past. India also have good relationship with Tajikistan.

Diplomacy is give and take!

7. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

In all OIC resolutions, Muslim Gulf nations have parroted the Paki line.

In a future war with Pakistan, Muslim nations will provide donations, hangar space, leased fighters, etc. to their Ummah brethren.

However, we are intertwined with the Gulf Muslim nation in many ways, due to large number of Indian diaspora working there, oil, etc. We need to walk a tightrope here, as we have been doing for 15-20 years.

Illusive, Srinivas_K and DingDong like this.
  8. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  9. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

India should first start trusting itself. We are a nation of compulsive poor self appraisers.

Economy, Defense, Self reliance, Education, Health and maximum good markers of HDI achieved will make us independent of what other's think of us or vise a versa.

As far as Muslims nations are concern then devil is in the detail. We have to first see if it is mere a Pakistani propaganda; who behind the doors from their Muslim counterparts may be getting bitch slapped, but out side bragging about their friendship. Furthermore we have to expose what Pakistanis offer/compromise to these Muslim nations for the favors they get.

Since the topic is about India, then this has been said so many times by many good posters here that India is as alone and isolated as any self respecting nation is. The national interests dictates how we should sculp our foreign relationships.

There are different thought of schools on how much assertive we should be about perusing the same. But in Geo-politics time is a precious resource which we shouldn't waste therefore being assertive or over assertive is better than being not assertive.

India's main dependence on Muslim nation is Oil, trade and migration of Indians who go there for work and send remittances back to India. I don't see there is a need be over assertiveness or dancing naked like Pakistanis do to please and sustain relationship with these countries.

Oil we buy of our hard earn money, trade we still haven't reached to an optimum potential of making goods worth exporting to them, skilled labor they need and Indian diaspora they have is a good leverage that we can flaunt for symbolic goodwill gestures and tranquility.

As far as their so called concerns on Kashmir issue et al are, then we have learn to ignore their rhetoric and understand their internal compulsion pragmatically.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  10. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

I don't think india has any issue trusting any Muslim nation except pakistan.

11. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Should ME trust India ?