Should India change its national anthem?

India should change its national anthem

• Total voters

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yay! @Mad Indian is back.

Anyway, let's not get too carried away about when the "secular" part was added to the Constitution. It really doesn't matter to this thread.
I get goose bumps every time I hear the national anthem. So i dont see the problem in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And, the ultimate icing on cake, RSS opposes homosexuals. They must be really evil :lol: :pound:
Thats one thing i hate with all right wingers. They are united by irrational hatred of un-known:tsk:

And funnily enough they hold the abrahamic culture(the very origin of homophobia in India) to their heart closer than the Indian culture(which neither accepts nor condemns homosexuality). So much for cultural nationalism

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Just to clear it out:

Bengali version: Jonogono mono odhinayoko joyo he bharoto bhaggo bidhata

Hindi version: Janagana mana adhinayaka jaya he bharata bhagya vidhata

The only difference is diction and not in the words. Apart from 2-3 Bengali words in the 1st para, every one of the rest of the words are Sanskrit.
National Anthem is in Indian language and it should be enough . If its mixture of Bengali and Sanskrit or even Hindi , then it should be not any issue because all are Indian languages which are spoken by Indians only .

Last edited:

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Thats one thing i hate with all right wingers. They are united by irrational hatred of un-known:tsk:

And funnily enough they hold the abrahamic culture(the very origin of homophobia in India) to their heart closer than the Indian culture(which neither accepts nor condemns homosexuality). So much for cultural nationalism
What is really this Abrahamic Culture ? Its just a concept of worshiping God which came in India from South in a very peaceful way unlike the North which saw the looting, plundering , invading etc . The culture of India is so much strong that the people of India have not gave up thier cultural identities, languages and traditions even after following the Abrahmic Culture and are dwelling in the same land with love and respect.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Sorry, I don't have to depend upon RSS to get my feedback. Go ahead, accuse the BBC of being an RSS mouthpiece, for publishing a report on the same regard.
The source, Manik Sarkar is a Maoist. The only evidence he cites is explosives he has no proof where they came from. We know where they come from... Maoists! Not to mention that story was released the same month as the first PS2. One would think 14 years later something would pop up to corroborate the allegations. There was no proof then and there is no proof now. Western missionaries don't want to split India and to think so is absurd. There is zero evidence.

BTW, the article mentions members of the church tipped off the authorities to the explosives... kind of negates a stance of even the local church.

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I gave up on this thread as soon as I created it. I think that Indians in general lack an ability to appreciate the arts, of which music is one form. National anthems have a very real purpose, and in the process of selecting one, the lyrics should match the vision and aspirations of the nation. Moreover, the music itself should be pleasing to the ear. I think one must create a thought experiment prior to selecting a new national anthem. The thought experiment has certain features:
1) The setting is the original position, that is the state just prior to the creation of the nation.
2) All of the characters have total freedom to chose whichever nation's citizenship they take up; there are no geographic constraints.
3) There are other nations who are also in the same origin position. One may choose an arbitrary number, but it's good enough to imagine that all the major (~100) nations are being conceived simultaneously.
4) The decision to join a nation rests solely upon a "listening session" of each new nation's selected national anthem. Assume no language barriers exist and although, the languages are different, the characters can understand all of the languages.
5) The goal is to get as many people as possible to join your nation, and since the only factor bearing on this is the quality of one's national anthem, it follows that the purpose is to create a national anthem that convinces the most number of people to voluntarily become citizens of your nation.

ramakrishna

@atheisthindu,

This is the first sane thread which you have created on DFI ! Kudos to you :thumb:

My vote goes for changing the national anthem not because of the reasons you have mentioned but for the fact that, the song was written by Tagore to praise a Br!turd King in the first place as I had read and heard.

IMO, "Vande Mataram" or any "Sanskrit Song" needs to be adopted as our national anthem.
I will go with " VANDE MATARAM "

Last edited by a moderator:

pkroyal

National Anthem (Tune)

Why can't it be an inspiring instrumental tune with no words.

Om puranmada ...............

Purnamevavshishyete ...................

Rig Veda

Roughly translated it means:-

When complete is taken out of the complete
complete still remains complete, as complete is always complete!! Shunya

Let us concentrate on shunya ( no words) and listen to the tune with reverence.

In any case how many of us sing along when it plays except school children?

Last edited:

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why can't it be an inspiring instrumental tune with no words.
In Military its instrumental and even during hoisting of Flag at Red fort and i think even in Parliament and State Assemblies its Instrumental but not sure .

Ashutosh Lokhande

i wouldnt have imagined in my wildest of dreams, people here wishing to change there countries national anthem. considering this being a defense forum :banghead:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles