Should Britain officially apologize to India?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
No. Apologies are empty gestures that don't count for shit.

After 200 years of oppression it's not much about what Britain should do rather what we learn from it.

Also, a lot of threads exist on the similar lines.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What better than India slowly taking over Britain with increasing demographics and economic profile :D

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Britain should apologise from the entire former British empire, the entire world and even to their ancestors and even to themselves. They should also apologise to their high value Pound currency.

And maybe even for the fact that they are not vegetarian.

Waffen SS

If Germany apologizes for Holocaust then why Britain should not apologize? Of course Apology will give nothing, but we should demand apology. Britain, mainly England is most damn country in world.

If we Indians have self-respect then we would demand apology. We are taught to hate Pakistan, not Britain the mastermind of almost all problems.:mad:

Either it serves purpose or not, we must and should demand.

They will not apologize voluntarily.

They also did not apologize to Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Germans are far better than them, they feel guilty for what their ancestors did in Nazi era.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I think it is incredibly silly to "demand" an apology at this stage. If Britain offers an apology voluntarily, it's a different matter. But making a scene and demanding apologies serves no purpose and just makes us look small and stupid.

pmaitra

Do they need to apologize when their future king is less than 1% Indian?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
A demand for apology for Kings failure to win battles. Maybe even Mughals should demand an apology.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
A demand for apology for Kings failure to win battles. Maybe even Mughals should demand an apology.
sorry typo I mean to say maybe we should even demand an apology from the Mughals or their founding states.

Waffen SS

sorry typo I mean to say maybe we should even demand an apology from the Mughals or their founding states.
Mughals did not attack India as nation state, neither they think they came India to loot India's property. Britain did every thing as nation state and they came to India to loot India.

When Mughals were of course not angels but also were not evils. British rule in India was first to experience India that Indian wealth's smuggled to foreign country.
Many invaders attacked India, all of them eventually became Indians, they begin to think India as their motherland, Britain was first exception to come here they dont become Indians.

Britain did every thing systematically. From plundering Indian Wealth to Brainwashing Indians.
British rule in India was first time when Indians felt they are under foreign occupation unlike Mughal or Sultani era. They became Indians.

At least they should apologize for Jalianwalabagh massacre which was a cold blooded slaughter.:tsk:
@pmaitra it does not make sense, what are you talking about?

Edit- Huns also attacked India, can you find their country now? Britain attacked us, and Britain still exists.

By the way I am amazed in replies from Indians.:shocked:

And what about Famines cause due to heavy taxation and Government inaction?

British mind-http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110414144952AAZOziN

Last edited by a moderator:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
@Waffen SS event like Jalianwalabagh massacre can be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
British PM visited Jallianwala bagh and regretted the massacre. But it was not official apology.Some voices did demand the formal apology but it wasn't the govt. stand.
David Cameron visits Amritsar, says Jallianwala Bagh a 'shameful event in British history' | NDTV.com

There are hundreds of other incidents for which one can demand apology, individually or collectively.
But, it should not be a stumbling block in the relation between the two countries.

It is a universal fact that no occupying colonial force ever ruled with flower in their their hand.

British occupation and rule was a part of Indian history and it ended , an apology then would have helped us to move on, but we have already moved on and doing great in all spheres of life.

More than apology what the British need to do is to shed is the colonial viewpoint on India which some of them still harbor.

But again it hardly matters to us if they are wearing any kind of glasses which obstructs the view of the rapid progress we have made.

Like the last visit of British PM, we would not demand an apology from them but they will grow to respect Indian sensibilities.

The ghost of colonization doesn't haunt us but them ( if at all), so why demand?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
No one apologies until unless they know you can avenge the aggression they committed against you.

India has to live with the humiliation we suffered in the hands of Britain. Then our own people have been sleeping in bed with them even today for many low and high, good and bad reasons.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
What's the point?

I'd rather have India force Britain to hand over the Koh-i-Noor, and then make an elaborate ceremony over it's return. The day Britain hands over that rock - if and when it comes - will symbolically mark the complete end of its geopolitical relevance.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I am SORRY Guys If I am about to offend your feelings

I believe Britain SHOULD Apologise for Their Crimes against Human Beings that Resided in the
Indian Subcontinent from 1757 to 1947

BUT They should also ask for a THANKS For Making These Humans into a
Distinct Nation called India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles