Shooting incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, USA

Satanist

Tihar Jail
Banned
I wonder if US will control guns now since so many shootings occuring.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Its doubtful... unless Obama takes some concrete steps his condolences would serve as crocodile tears more or less.

Country flag
Horrible and sad incident... again the "Gun Culture" coming in light.

A 20 year old guy killed 27 ppl including 20 kids and principal and teacher included. Interestingly the guy killed his mom as well who was a teacher in the school... shocking.

Let's see more details as the matter comes up in investigation.
He also reportedly killed his father in a separate incident.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
That's what is said after every massacre. Remains to be seen. Detective Mark Fuhrman was interviewed by Sean Hannity on radio, said his experience with the mentally ill perpetrators is that they see themselves as victims and must lash out. But against innocent children?

Satanist

Tihar Jail
Banned
That's what is said after every massacre. Remains to be seen. Detective Mark Fuhrman was interviewed by Sean Hannity on radio, said his experience with the mentally ill perpetrators is that they see themselves as victims and must lash out. But against innocent children?
I don't think any substantial law will happen due to very powerful gun lobby in US. Hopefully calm minds prevail.

mikhail

Country flag
What is wrong with these guys?. It has become a toy play with these guns. Anyone can get a gun and shoot anyone indiscriminately for god knows what reasons.
i think now's the time for the U.S. govt. to re-think about the existing gun laws in the country!these type of incidents are becoming much frequent these days!there are some psycho people there who like to vent their anger on innocents.the police should identify these freaks and shouldn't allow them to get the license to acquire guns:tsk:.well i think India has done a commendable job here by having a stringent gun law here in the country,otherwise we would also be facing these sorts of things now!:rolleyes:

niharjhatn

Sad, but a similar (worse?) incident occurred in China just now as well...

Man slashes 22 children near China school - latimes.com

A man with a knife slashed 22 children and one adult outside an elementary school in Henan province Friday morning, China's worst such incident in more than a year.
The attack was reminiscent of a spate of knife attacks on schoolchildren that took place across China in 2010. In most cases, the attackers were unemployed middle-aged men, leading to speculation that the assaults stemmed from economic and social discontent.

Friday's attack occurred at about 7:40 a.m. as children were arriving outside the gate of Chenpeng Village's Wanquan Elementary School. The suspect, Min Yingjun, 36, allegedly slashed an elderly woman as well as the children. Local propaganda officials said later that Min had a psychological illness.
There are some sick people in the world man.

Raj30

Conn. school shooter identified as Adam Lanza

Conn. school shooter identified as Adam Lanza

Authorities have identified the man suspected of killing 27 people at a Connecticut school as 20-year-old Adam Lanza. The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary left 20 children dead, reports said.

According to news reports, the Lanza opened fire at the school in Newton, Conn., Friday morning. There may be more victims at other locations, including the gunman's home.

The suspect reportedly died from a self-inflicted gunshot.

Lanza's mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school. She is presumed to have been killed.

Earlier reports said that 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, Adam's brother, was the shooter. A report from a law enforcement official mixed up the brother's names, leading to widespread postings of the older brother's photograph by news organizations, including this one.

Photos of the older brother were posted on his Facebook page, which identified his connections with Hoboken, N.J. and Newton. That page was taken down early Friday afternoon.

"Our hearts are broken today," President Barack Obama said. "We have endured too many of these tragedies."

The nation has been "through this too many times," with recent mass shootings, and must take action "regardless of the politics."

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ingredients for school shootings:
1. School/students
2. Crazy person (shooter)
3. Guns

Now of these 3 ingredients which can you take out so that school shootings won't happen or minimized?
1. School/students? Cannot be taken out since children need to go to school.
2. Crazy person (shooter)? No. You cannot prevent people for going crazy (snapping).
3. Guns? YES. Prohibit the selling of semi-automatic rifles. Limit access to hand guns. Record all gun owners. Constant monitoring of those private citizens with firearms.

niharjhatn

3. Guns? YES. Prohibit the selling of semi-automatic rifles. Limit access to hand guns. Record all gun owners. Constant monitoring of those private citizens with firearms.
We don't need gun control... we need BULLET control

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblood

Be a ----in man and find someone your own size, a SWAT guy maybe. SOB killed children.

I have said it earlier and I'll say it again. " Screw you second amendment"

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Be a ----in man and find someone your own size, a SWAT guy maybe. SOB killed children.

I have said it earlier and I'll say it again. " Screw you second amendment"
It is obvious that 2nd Amendment was framed when weapons were single shot, before handguns with 13 rnd magazines. It is a dilemma.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This is a conspiracy to snatch weapons from the hands of the American people. Pretty soon, Crocodile Tears Obama would try to undermine the second amendment and before they know it, innocent civilians of America possessing weapons to protect themselves will be vilified and ultimately, their guns would be taken away. Make no mistake, this is a conspiracy in motion, just watch the chain of events which unfolds next in the US.

pmaitra

I agree. This incident reminds me of Beslan, Russia.

I have said it earlier and I'll say it again. "Screw you second amendment."
Nothing wrong with the Second Amendment really.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Well, one has to part of a militia (this term is well defined by law, if not in the constitution itself), and the militia has to be well regulated (not like a bunch of rednecks packing their Dodge pickup with beer cans and going hunting), for this Second Amendment to hold. "Right and Responsibility come together," and are not mutually exclusive. One could always deem gun ownership by men unfit to fight (one should be fit to fight to be in a militia), not of proper age (which is, again, well defined), and lacking skills necessary to defend a free state, as unconstitutional.

It is obvious that 2nd Amendment was framed when weapons were single shot, before handguns with 13 rnd magazines. It is a dilemma.
True. The dilemma is, since the US military, the most powerful in the world, already exists, do we need civilians to defend a free state? What is state here? Each individual state or the Union of the states? The other dilemma is, whether a "well regulated Militia" is still necessary to defend a free state today.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles