shocking news "26/11 hero’s uncle sets himself ablaze"

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by anoop_mig25, Feb 4, 2011.

1. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

26/11 hero’s uncle sets himself ablaze
    Express News Service Posted: Fri Feb 04 2011 New Delhi:

The uncle of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, the NSG officer who was killed battling militants at the Taj in Mumbai during the 26/11 attack, attempted suicide by immolating himself at Vijay Chowk on Thursday evening.
    According to police, K Mohanan arrived at Vijay Chowk around 5.45 pm with a can of kerosene and set himself ablaze. He was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and later moved to Safdarjung, where he is battling for life with 98 per cent burns.

“I have seen the visuals on TV. From the handwriting in Malayalam, I believe it is my own younger brother. It is true that he is Sandeep’s uncle,” K Unnikrishnan, Sandeep’s father, said in Bangalore.

“I don’t know why he has done this. I am not in an emotional state to talk about it. Many people who are related to Sandeep are prepared for sacrifices and are concerned about many things. My brother is a very intelligent man,” said Unnikrishnan.

Addl DCP (New Delhi) V A Gupta said: “K Mohanan came to Delhi two days ago from Kozhikode. He attempted suicide because he wanted to feel the pain that his nephew must have felt.”

A senior police officer said: “K Mohanan informed a few mediapersons, who parked their OB vans outside Parliament House, before taking the extreme step. Some of them recorded the incident on their cameras without anyone trying to save his life,” said a senior police officer.

In the first two pages of his diary, which the police recovered later along with a train ticket and his identity card, Mohanan has written that “the administrators and representatives of the political parties could not do anything for the victims of the 26/11 attack. It was actually a war against two nations. Wasn’t the decision that was taken by the government on the Kandahar incident a reason for the Mumbai attack?... Anyone can come to India and do anything in India... Indian democracy is a curse for India itself...the enemies are utilising this...
    why is the government delaying the introduction of a bill in Parliament against terrorism?.... Democracy should be for the well-being of the nation, and it should not make way for terrorism... Sandu mon (Sandeep Unnikrishnan) you are forgotten every passing day... but I will never forget you.”
    He reportedly had no financial problems or mental ailment

3. bhogta

bhogta Regular Member

Sad, people losing there trust in country is not a good thing. Please god save him one family member already dead not the other one.

4. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Pls feed Kasab for another 20 yrs and watch how many more commit suiside

5. bhogta

bhogta Regular Member

^^ I don't want to hang him , i want that he got life term and locked in the jail with gay rapist.

Snuggy321 likes this.
  6. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Mera bharat mahan sahidon ka apman aur choron ko samman .

That namakharam kasab is enjoying a luxurious life in jail while Family members of martyrs are trying to commit suicide . Thats just awesome .

7. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

A very shocking and truly saddening incident.The uncle's grief is understandable,among Malayalis,uncles(usually maternal uncles) are extremely close to their nephews and nieces.But Mr Mohanan must understand that the govt has to contend with the "Real threat to India" which assumes greater priority than the threat from assortment of jihadi groups in Pakistan and rest of the subcontinent.The govt's eagle like focus cannot be shifted by such emotion laden melodramatics.

8. it is really a pity that families of martyr's have to commit suicide and terrorist like kasab,afsal guru are fed biriyanis in their jail. what more can be expected of an impotent upa government other than shielding terrorist and playing minority card by raising saffron terror bogey and comparing it with jehadi terrorist to justify their incapability.

9. Victor Sierra

Victor Sierra Regular Member

I wish he was alive today.

Want to kill those minister, seriously.

10. jamesvaikom

jamesvaikom Regular Member

NSG Commandos and their families wish to see hanging of terrorists than to get more money. But many politicians are trying to help terrorists. Kejriwal's claim about problems faced by NSG Commandos is to divert attention from execution of terrorists like Afzal Guru. He should rename his party from Aam Aadmi Party to Aam Aatankwadi Party.

11. Victor Sierra

Victor Sierra Regular Member

Its just an allegation made out from rumor. Please ignore them. Relating NSG Commando's financial problem with Afzal Guru's hanging is insensible. Just for comparing, NSG Commando's financial issue is more important than hanging Afzal Guru.

We even demanded hanging of Kasab but GOI hanged when they want. When a terrorist is captured, to a nation he's a criminal but for Investigation Agencies, he is bank of enemy information. Alive terrorist is better than a dead one.

Incase of Afzal its just a vote bank politics of BJP & Congress. He will be hanged today or tomorrow.

12. Robert_Ali_Venkat_Singh

Robert_Ali_Venkat_Singh Regular Member

Kasab was a guest, his stay just ended with big food and lodging bill :p . Afzal is "different type of guest" his stay might end too in this time of recession.

regards
    RAVS

13. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

sad news.........................

14. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Very unfortunate.

It will still be an act in vain.

Those that run the Govt are deaf to everything except the tinkle that feathers their nests.

There was a news report that a NSG man, who was in the action by NSG in Mumbai and got boarded out because of becoming deaf has not been given his due!