Shocking ! Mattani attack: Taliban target children

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
PESHAWAR: Taliban insurgents ambushed a school bus on Tuesday, killing four pupils and the driver in a hail of bullets and rocket fire in Peshawar's suburban Mattani area. Another 18 people, including four children, two of them seven-year-old girls, were also wounded in the attack.

The children studied at Khyber Model School Zangli, an elite English-language school in the Badabher area. The Taliban are opposed to Western-imported, education and have destroyed hundreds of schools in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and adjoining tribal regions.

Police said the bus was taking children home in the Kalakhel area at the end of the school day.

"The gunmen were waiting for the bus in fields near the Ghazi Abad area on Mattani bypass road and attacked when it came close. They fired a rocket and then fired bullets on the van," Deputy Superintendent of Police Sajjad Khan told The Express Tribune. He confirmed that four schoolchildren and the driver were killed.

Sajjad blamed the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) for the attack. The Kalakhel tribesmen have sided with the government and formed a tribal militia (Lashkar) to supplement the government's fight against militancy.

Sajjad was right. Later in the evening TTP spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan claimed responsibility for the attack, saying their purpose "was to punish the Kakakhel tribe who formed a lashkar against us".

"The Kalakhels were warned but they did not disband the lashkar, and we again warn all other lashkars that they will meet the same fate for opposing the Taliban at America's behest," he added.

Interestingly, Kalakhel tribesmen denied forming any lashkar against the militants. "We don't have a lashkar. But yes, we have a peace committee which is responsible for the security of coalmines in the Kalakhel area. This committee is not new, it was formed in 2001," Arshad Khan, a local told The Express Tribune.

Khan admitted the peace committee was formed at the instigation of local political authorities but would not agree that the authorities had closed down the coalmines to force local tribesmen to form an anti-Taliban lashkar.

Outside Peshawar's main Lady Reading Hospital, Jahandar Shah, whose seven-year-old son Jamal died, sobbed uncontrollably and smothered his forehead in kisses as he tried to pull his blood-stained body from a stretcher onto his lap.

He blamed the government and the Taliban, for his son's death, screaming: "What was the fault of this innocent child? Why did you kill him?"

Shoaib Khan, a 15-year-old student wounded in the attack, said gunmen first opened fire on one side of the road, then waited for pupils to start fleeing before widening the attack. "I started bringing kids out of the bus when the gunmen began firing from the other flank as well," he said. "Then I was also injured and fell unconscious. I don't know what happened next."

Habib Khattak, a doctor at LRH, said 18 wounded were admitted after the attack, 12 of them children and the others teachers and passers-by.

Teachers at the Khyber Model School Zangli said they had taken measures to avoid the wrath of the militants.

"We received no threatening letter," Vice Principal Salman Ahmed told AFP. "We stopped singing classes and the school band playing music during the morning assembly because we know militants are active in the area."

Mattani attack: Taliban target children – The Express Tribune

Awesome

It is definitely the most shocking incident since Taseer's killing.

It just doesn't fit Taliban's MO. But they haven't given a denial yet either. If this doesn't deter their new recruits, I have little hope anything else will.

We saw the CIA use Dr. Shakil Afridi to inject illegal substances into Pakistani children before and I think the investigations should cover their involvement as well.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^ Illegal substaince? are you refering to the killing of pakistan's national hero Osama Bin Laden by navy Seals? :D

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What sort of an animal would target children! I think their frustration of not able to kill enough NATO soldiers and Paki soldiers is showing.

Tronic

It just doesn't fit Taliban's MO. But they haven't given a denial yet either. If this doesn't deter their new recruits, I have little hope anything else will.

We saw the CIA use Dr. Shakil Afridi to inject illegal substances into Pakistani children before and I think the investigations should cover their involvement as well.
This is the mindset Asim, which results in posters such as one put up on the other thread.

As per you, this attack on children does not fit the Taliban's modus operandi, but it does the CIAs'. Ofcourse, you negate the fact that this is not the first attack on children conducted by the Taliban (to the bombing of schools, from girls being defaced in Afghanistan to the bombing of the defence personnel's children in Pakistan). Why lie to the world with posters such as one your government planted in WSJ, when the consensus in your country is already so clear as to whose side you're really on?

cir

Just doing what the Americans have been doing for ages: killing innocent people, including children.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Just doing what the Americans have been doing for ages: killing innocent people, including children.
Stop justifying criminal behavior by hidding behind someone else crime. How the hell do you even justify such a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome

This is the mindset Asim, which results in posters such as one put up on the other thread.

As per you, this attack on children does not fit the Taliban's modus operandi, but it does the CIAs'. Ofcourse, you negate the fact that this is not the first attack on children conducted by the Taliban (to the bombing of schools, from girls being defaced in Afghanistan to the bombing of the defence personnel's children in Pakistan). Why lie to the world with posters such as one your government planted in WSJ, when the consensus in your country is already so clear as to whose side you're really on?
The Taliban impose control over population and suppress them - they don't go out for hit and run tactics of killing children.

I wouldn't blame CIA either, but they have admitted to have sponsored the crimes committed by Dr. Shakil Afridi. Hence there is a precedence established by the CIA to do this. Maybe those kids were offspring of somebody the CIA deemed worthy of punishment. Investigation should happen, and lets see why this happened other than that it happened.

CIA has done this in Pakistan and admitted to it.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Asim we do not need another conspiracy theory to start off. This is an act that needs to be condemned in the strongest words and also deeds. We have seen the activities of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I would appreciate if you could up more details about Dr.Afridi and his CIA masters in a seperate thread, so that we can know more about this issue. Clubbing it with the school kids bombing looks like an attempt to shift the focus.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Dr. Shakil Afridi is the guy who tried to help CIA in narrowing down on Osama bin Laden. He was the one who setup the fake vaccine camp in order to extract the blood of OBL sons to ascertain the presence of OBL in Abottabad. LOL.

US pressures Islamabad to free doctor who helped CIA track down Bin Laden | World news | The Guardian

Asim is only trying to clutch the straws here to implicate CIA in this attack. From the post of Asim, it becomes clear where the sympathies lie even when the Taliban claims that it has done this attack.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Is this your attempt at justification?
Pathetic.

Blackwater

BTW asim phaaaji. Taseeer son who kidnapped from lahore . ki hoya onda ????
is he still alive???

Tronic

The Taliban impose control over population and suppress them - they don't go out for hit and run tactics of killing children.

I wouldn't blame CIA either, but they have admitted to have sponsored the crimes committed by Dr. Shakil Afridi. Hence there is a precedence established by the CIA to do this. Maybe those kids were offspring of somebody the CIA deemed worthy of punishment. Investigation should happen, and lets see why this happened other than that it happened.

CIA has done this in Pakistan and admitted to it.
In Pakistan it may be the perception that helping to hunt down Osama Bin Laden is a grave crime, the crime you blame Dr. Shakil Afridi for, but that perception is not shared with the rest of the world. As for the Taliban, they have openly claimed that they attacked those children to punish the Kakakhel tribe for forming anti-Taliban militias (I guess that may constitute another crime in Pakistan). You trying to shield the Taliban from this crime and toss it over to the CIA quite clearly shows where the sympathies lie. As I said earlier, When the consensus in Pakistan is already so clear as to whose side you're really on, why put up such a farce to the world?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles