Shocking GCSE religious studies question

Discussion in 'Europe and Russia' started by W.G.Ewald, May 27, 2012.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

'Why do people hate Jews?' Shocking GCSE religious studies question set by Britain's biggest examinations board | Mail Online

3. sky

sky Regular Member

Yes but in what context was the question asked. i know from doing gcse history 20 years ago they at that time spent a lot of course work on the first and second world war there causes and lessons that we have since learned. The holocaust was also included as well as the anne frank diaries ,i remember going to a exhibition at the local town hall that was displaying the anne frank diary.

To understand what the german's did, you have to know there world viewpoint and as the jews bore the brunt of that ,that could be why such question's are asked. They try to get people to argue and explain in detail the causes and lesson's learned,it's wrong to pick one question not knowing if it followed from a general theme that was also in the exam.

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Is there any way to find out the demographics of the persons who set the GSCE paper?

The demographics of UK is quite well known.

5. sky

sky Regular Member

I suppose if you really wanted to a little research may provide the info you won't. believe it or not the only subject thats compulsory for all is RE. You couldn't make it up,i don't know weather to laugh or cry...